Is anyone going to try for 60 without a break on Teek/Tormax?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by IheartEQ, May 1, 2024.

1. IheartEQ Elder

I have to imagine that the tried and true cleric, enchanter x, mage x, and XP pots will be able to push for 60 without needing to stop for gear. Enchanter and mage could get unlucky with spell drops, but they will still have enough vendor spells to help them out. I can't think of a bottleneck except for sleep.

I will be dinging 40 within the first 24 hours, reaching 45+ on day two, and 50'ish on day three. I have never stopped leveling to acquire gear on previous TLP starts, but I will be taking a breather in the 50's to enjoy Kunark this time. Give myself a good week to ding 60 from 50.
    Quantumalgo likes this.
  2. KronoQuester New Member

Yes

It will be clr, enc, enc, mag, mag, mag that wins
  3. Intercept Augur

ewww, why?
    ExecutionDbl9 likes this.
  4. Celatusp99 Augur

Not rushing at all this time.
  5. Celatusp99 Augur

6. TheDohn Augur

You see, Brenda - is it okay if I call you Brenda, by the way? - Anyway, it's because people have fun playing video games in different ways. It may not be the way you want to have fun, Sandra, but they don't judge you for enjoying yaoi furry comics, so maybe extend them the same courtesy. Make sense, Tammy?
    Kaenneth, jo1234, Moone and 8 others like this.
  7. Lineater Augur

da fuh? That's the weirdest reply I've ever seen here. And that's a HIGH freaking bar.
    Shalom and Tyranthraxus like this.
  8. Intercept Augur

i dont know much about comics, but if rushing a game to the end of the game is fun then ewww, why?
    ExecutionDbl9 and Shalom like this.
  9. Celatusp99 Augur

60 is the game, they are just rushing through the tutorial they have done a million times anyway.
    code-zero and Vetis like this.
  10. Numiko Augur

getting to level 60 is a very tiny portion of the game of Everquest.
  11. IheartEQ Elder

I enjoy the quest part of Everquest. What am I supposed to quest at level 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50? I made an entire spreadsheet of items to camp, and only a few are doable at mid levels.

Here is what I get to do at 60.

Raid
    Quest
    Buff tunnel noobs
    Tradeskills
    Explore zones
    Knock off achievements
    Enjoy the part of the game where the devs put the most work into - the end game

Here is what I get to do at level 1 to 50

Level
    Spam skills to level them up
    Run around the world searching for spells
    Group with a bunch of people who won't ever make it to 60
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Intercept Augur

damn that sounds painful, almost work like.
    fransisco and Shalom like this.
  13. Magneress Augur

super not healthy to do this guys take breaks plz dont compromise ur health
    ExecutionDbl9 and KobalWR like this.
  14. IheartEQ Elder

It isn't work like at all. It is simple trick in life which was popularized from the book "Eat That Frog." You do all of the hard stuff first in order to enjoy the rest of the day. I don't like working out or stretching, so I do it in the morning to get it out of the way. Apart from work, the rest of the day belongs to me.

It must be really tiring to be so negative all the time. :( Cheer up. If I see you on Tormax, I'll give you lot's of buffs.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Longest stint I did in EQ was 36 hours, I am now older, not wiser, but if I don't get my 8 hours I am the b!tch from hell.

So for everyone elses sake, I won't be trying to get 60 in 1 shot.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Agrippa Augur

I'd be curious to see how much content within classic and Kunark expansion would even be relevant at 60th level. I fully understand that almost all of the players and developers here enjoy rushing into /godmode and then enjoy bottomfeeding on almost all of the content within Norrath. It's a shame really that an optional leveling experience toggle isn't available prior to the 51st level here.
  17. SnapVine Augur

this is a really clever and smart post. I like the part where you use different names to make sure the person knows they don't matter and their opinion is wrong. keep them coming!
    Taladir and Shalom like this.
  18. Shalom Quillmane Bane

Because they want to get to 50 super fast, faster than you! And then never play those characters again lol

Ask Zaide how much time he puts into his "first to 50" characters after getting 50. To each their own, that is what gives him joy. But there is your answer as to why
  19. Bewts Augur

The race isn't all its built up to be.

However getting to max level early certainly helps avoid the masses for more ideal camps and to make the early kronos from farmed drops. I recommend trying it once if you have not, just for the experience.
  20. coltongrundy Augur

whoa dude chill, i wouldn't admit that here, they ban people for doing too many quests in everquest.