Raid Loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rippy, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Rippy New Member

Since the March patch, there's been a noticeable increase in the scarcity of Valiant drops from raids.
    Here's a comparison of Valiant drops from raids:
    • January: 8 Valiant drops from 8 raids completed
    • February: 21 Valiant drops from 20 raids completed
    • March: 44 Valiant drops from 32 raids completed
    • April: 25 Valiant drops from 36 raids completed
    Tonight, after completing 4 raids, there were no Valiant drops, which has occurred on multiple occasions.
    I'm uncertain if this change is unintentional, a bug, or an intentional adjustment. Nonetheless, it's frustrating to not receive a single Valiant drop during a raid, let alone for an entire night.
    Arraden, Barton-Vox, Soapy and 13 others like this.
  2. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

3. Ginormus Journeyman

Full clear of 8 LS events this week: 3 valiants.
    Valiant seem awfully uncommon.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

I think you mean that result seems awfully COMMON in this expansion.

Whatever random system they are using seems to be paying off less than before. Don't know why, just know that this result is more typical than it should be. Unless all the folks hacking the raids are making out like bandits (literally).
  5. DakineRathe New Member

3 LI raids last night.. not a single Valiant. Barely anything in the boxes at all really. Multiples of the same item, a couple T1 items, a few RK3, and a few pieces of deco. This is some BS reward for all the work put in to do these raids.
    Medimus, Greymantle and Metanis like this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

If you really want to complain about risk vs reward, be happy anything is in the chest. Raids are super easy and feel like they will be continuing in that direction.
  7. Greymantle Augur

Last 5 raids , ZERO Valiants. On the Rathe
    DakineRathe and Medimus like this.
  8. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

I read somewhere that it's an approximate 30% chance for T2 loot to spawn in each of the 3 T2 slots in a raid chest.

If you imagine a D10 - 10-sided die. You roll that, 8-9-0 (or 8-9-10 depending on your die) grants a T2 item. This would mean that you rolled a 1-7 a total of 15 times in a row. That's unlucky for sure, but really not impossible.

One of my guilds I raided in received 1 T2 item from a total of 8 chests that week. Brutal.
  9. Ratalthor Developer

This is not a bug, so I am moving it to the Veterans' Lounge as feedback.
  10. Opal Journeyman

im sure you will get more feedback than jimi hendrix playing the star spangled banner on this one.
  11. FYAD Augur

Big 'OOF' if that's how it works. It should be a 'roll 0-3, equal 25% chance of any outcome'
  12. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

That's how loot has worked for a long time. In the past some of those slots were 100% though.
  13. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I get so much enjoyment seeing the reports of no TS items dropping.

Keep the drop rates, I’m excited to see the summer-time farm attendance drop-off.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Ginormus Journeyman

Another clear of all 8 events this weekend for 2 valiants.

That makes it 5 for 16 chests.
    Having so few valiants, AND have them slot-specific, make little sense to me.

Until I see written down that it is on purpose that we see so few of them, and even then some are neck and back slots, I will keep calling it a bug.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

Sucks on the grouper side too. During this big MORE CHANCE FOR NAMED TO SPAWN event, I played one hour weds and got 3 named. It made me think there was hope. I got zero Gallant liners (Goliath Frog in Heros Forge). Sat I played 3 hours and got ZERO nameds, Sun same thing 3 hours and not one named. IMHO they are just lessening the loot to make ya hang around longer. Too many people using the phrase LOOT PINATA in the past.
  16. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Dear DPG,

Lowering all the loot drops doesn't make this a better or more interesting game. It frustrates the customers paying to keep your company, and this game, afloat. Just something to think about.

If you want customers to play throughout the entire year, then make more content for customers to enjoy. Don't make a smaller amount of content and then slide the spawn and drop rates to make it feel like it's a longer game than it really is.
  17. uberkingkong Augur

700 views and only a few posts have 5 or more likes. So looking like only few people feel a certain kind of way.
    What about raid lockouts?
    Restrictions?

Back in my days of EQ, playing in GoD era. There was no Tunat raids unlock after 3 months.

Loot rates ties in with raid unlock schedule because getting the higher tier loots you have less amount of time because raids take a long time before they even can be played.

If all these raids were open day 1, I would expect those 20 min all raids beaten T1, 20 mins all raids beaten T2, 20 mins all raids beaten T3.

On their end, these raids are very quickly beaten, and very easy, hence why they have these loot rates.

You can complete all the T3 raids by time a T1 named spawns, T1 named spawn rate is so bad, you can beat all the T3 raids and T1 named still haven't spawned yet.
    Thats in the same amount of time, 8+ raid loots, vs casual still waiting for a named to spawn to get 1 loot. 8+ raid loots vs casual still waiting for named to get 1 loot.

Raiders got it too easy.
    Let me remind you, NoS, raiders BOXES not mains, had complete highest tier raid gear.
    Should boxes and loot be throwaway in era on the hardest raids?

Speaks volumes of EQ. Back in my days of EQ throwaway loot, peoples alts and what not they were no where near not even their mains nowhere near complete set of raid gear, like we've seen in NoS.

If you want to talk about
    New era of raiders vs back in the days era of raiders.
    EQ when it was competing with WoW seriously.

One of the main points why people stuck with EQ is because their raids are hard.
    WoW was the game with participation trophies, everyone running around with BiS, if they were playing for that reason.

These raids are easy, takes very little time to do them all, difficult and time value, it makes sense the rates are where they are.
  18. Kalamos Augur

Amen.
  19. uberkingkong Augur

30 minutes and do ALL the highest tiered raids with ease. That makes people quit too. Too easy, boring, everyone has highest tier raid gear and their boxes.

Whats the point of highest tier when every raider is wearing it.

Some people still consider themselves HIGH END raiders.
    Every guild is beating raids, theres no HIGH END.

participation trophy, peoples boxes have highest tier gear. NoS expansion. Sad. Easy.

Back in my days of EQ, when competiting with WoW seriously. Raiders didn't have full sets of highest tier raid gear, they'd be wiping even if they already figured it out and beaten it before.

Instead of wiping and making you feel bad, deal with 0 chance loot once in a while.

You rather get whooped and get loot when you win, not able to do ALL the raids in 30 minutes and get loot.
    OR do all the raids in 30 minutes easymode and sometimes you don't get it.

Theres people saying, people quit when its too hard.

They gotta balance making raid gear mean something, not everyone and their boxes having full sets of raid gear. Thats why you get 0 sometimes. Its called balance, making raid gear mean something.
  20. uberkingkong Augur

30 minutes and do ALL the highest tiered raids with ease. That makes people quit too. Too easy, boring, everyone has highest tier raid gear and their boxes.

Whats the point of highest tier when every raider is wearing it.

Some people still consider themselves HIGH END raiders.
    Every guild is beating raids, theres no HIGH END.

participation trophy, peoples boxes have highest tier gear. NoS expansion. Sad. Easy.

Back in my days of EQ, when competiting with WoW seriously. Raiders didn't have full sets of highest tier raid gear, they'd be wiping even if they already figured it out and beaten it before.

Instead of wiping and making you feel bad, deal with 0 chance loot once in a while.

You rather get whooped and get loot when you win, not able to do ALL the raids in 30 minutes and get loot.
    OR do all the raids in 30 minutes easymode and sometimes you don't get it.

Theres people saying, people quit when its too hard.

They gotta balance making raid gear mean something, not everyone and their boxes having full sets of raid gear. Thats why you get 0 sometimes. Its called balance, making raid gear mean something.

People still considering themselves HIGH END raiders, funny. You and those 30+ guilds beating the toughest raids, yeah so HIGH END everyone does it. Everyone is HIGH END raider.

HIGH END raider used to mean something to people, some people still take pride in calling themselves HIGH END raiders, 30+ other guilds they the same status, they beaten them and have those final tier raid bosses on farm mode too.

Raid gear means nothing in NoS
    HIGH END raider status means nothing in NoS

Everyone beats them, everyone gets the trophy, easy mode all day, drops generous all day. NoS.
    My boxes have highest tier raid gear, IN ERA. NoS expansion.
    I'm HIGH END raider.