Reaver's Bargain fades almost instantly

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zeelot, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Zeelot Elder

Although Reaver's Bargain was "upgraded" with additional ranks. The ability has essentially been rendered useless because the damage threshold is far too low. Hopefully this doesn't get the "not a bug" treatment, because time was put into this AA for it essentially to fade immediately with no impact at all on tanking.

For example, Reaver's Bargain usually fades for me in 9-10 seconds or less every time used during raids.
    [Mon Apr 22 09:55:23 2024] You make a dark bargain.
    [Mon Apr 22 09:55:32 2024] Your bargain ends.

For group content it is not much better. I am hoping the Devs did not intend for this AA to be a useless ability that fades almost instantly so I am posting this as a bug post, because there is much consensus that this should be changed.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

I agree about it being too short.

Reaver's Bargain II can only be activated if you are above 20% mana and endurance, and cannot be ended early, but will trigger Reaver's Exhaustion should your mana or endurance
    drop below 10%, which ends the bargain and drains your remaining mana and endurance.

[IMG]
  3. Zeelot Elder

Thanks for adding to the thread. I just want to clarify that the issue I am addressing is not related at all to the mana/endurance part of the AA at all. It's just that the damage threshold is far too low for one/both aspects of this part: Slot 4:Absorb Melee Damage: 75%, on Hits over 32000, Total: 500000.

Current raid content damage reaches the 500,000 damage cap within 10 seconds, causing Reaver's Bargain to drop right away, not even making it a bargain in any way! Also, to add to my original post, the <10 seconds is with another defensive disc running. If reaver is run on its own it will drop even faster.
  4. Xeladom Augur

Raid setting. Reaver's lasted 4 seconds during one event and 5 seconds in another. The second use also had a dragon glyph running.

[Sun Apr 28 19:06:57 2024] You begin casting Reaver's Bargain VI.
    [Sun Apr 28 19:06:57 2024] You make a dark bargain.
    [Sun Apr 28 19:07:01 2024] Your bargain ends.

[Sun Apr 28 20:34:35 2024] You begin casting Reaver's Bargain VI.
    [Sun Apr 28 20:34:35 2024] You make a dark bargain.
    [Sun Apr 28 20:34:43 2024] Your bargain ends.
  5. Zeelot Elder

On raids, my 'post-patch' Reaver's Bargain lasted about 8 seconds today. Better than 1 second but still lacking. Also, this is with Dragon Glyph & Corrupted Guardian Disc active, so it is going to fade almost instantly still if run without.

[Mon May 20 08:41:45 2024] You make a dark bargain.
    [Mon May 20 08:41:53 2024] Your bargain ends.

There was another time I used it when it lasted 18 seconds though.
    [Mon May 20 06:50:37 2024] You make a dark bargain.
    [Mon May 20 06:50:55 2024] Your bargain ends.

It does seem to work for group content, but doesn't work well for raids. I think this AA would be a lot more useful if they just drop the second part of the ability altogether and just make it a 5% absorb from mana.
  6. Galvanize Elder

This was commented and predicted pretty much immediately soon as they showed the proposed changes on Test.

Whoever is doing their number balancing for pretty much all classes seems to do it around CoTF Era incoming/outgoing damage when it comes to picking a flat value for things.

% Changes like weapon damage increase was one of the few impactful balance changes since ToV DoT revamps