Personas?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Jagular, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Jagular Journeyman

A coupple of quesions regarding personas

1 How will faction work between personas, can i work Kael faction on my main persona and Coldain on the second persona?

2 How will timers work with personas? will the timer lockout for zones/raids and origin be for the main and all personas or will each persona have a separate timer?

3 Flagging (PoP) if i do all the raids and flagging with my main persona will my alt alt personas be flagged aswell so i can as an example zone in to PoF for a xp group without having to do the rading grind?
  2. Galvanize Lorekeeper

Personas's don't share faction

Personas do share lockout

I am unsure on flagging, achievements are shared so this one is a gray area.
  3. Sweety D Journeyman

What’s the advantage of using a persona as opposed to just making an alt?
  4. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

You can use No Drop-items on all personas.
    Sadly, I don't see anymore pros at the moment.
  5. Sweety D Journeyman

Thanks.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Persona is an alt that shares you flags, ACH and gear.

You don't need to reflag to enter locked zones.

You have all your teleportation and other clicky items without redoing them on the alt.

1/2 your gear is probably not class limited, the non-vis, so if you are in raid gear, or save your old raid gear, you can wear it on your persona. You alt doesn't get raid armor.

Evolvers no longer have a class on them, so when you max the AA on your "main", you can work on AA on personas while continuing your evolver. Alts do not help your evolver progress.

All of this is especially great if you are in a guild with raid imbalances. Short on clerics? level up a few cleric personas. You don't have to gear them, they wear your gear. The currency you earn doesn't have to be spent on the persona. So if you are, say a BST main, but the Guild needs a CLR alt for the night, your BST main is earning that currency while your CLR persona is wearing your non-vis raid armor. Of course, this is up to a guild to work out but personas make it possible when it otherwise was not. Sure, we'd probably rather not play something other than the toon we want to play, but people do raid on boxes/alts to meet guild needs and some people are even pushed into switching mains because of it. Personas allows people to support the guild without making that level of sacrifice. Hey, maybe someday when we have 5 ENC on, I'll be raiding as a NEC instead of a 5th ENC. Who knows.
    Quatr, moogs, Sweety D and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jagular Journeyman

Thanks for the information :)
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

I plan to use unused Group coin and raid coin for my Personas

my only issue is the AA I need to put in tradeskilling to use the trophies.
    And the other AA issue I don't think Personas gets the free AA's but I might be wrong.
  9. Jagular Journeyman

I started up my EQ account to play around on a Oakwynd and look at personas and how it works, and since i plan to use personas on the new Teek server. But if i click the personas tab and purchase i get into the DB store and i get no option to by personas, do i have to buy Laurion's song to be able to use personas?
    Or am i missing something?
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yes, you have to purchase Laurion's Song expansion to use personas.
  11. Amtwo New Member

This is a great evaluation of personas, thank you. As a non-raider 3 boxer, I don't see any advantage for me unless I can switch to an alt persona to say, recover a wipe with my alt-persona cleric. I do not expect that to be an option. Great for the longtime raider players who have stayed with the game without real breaks. Nice.
  12. Gialana Augur

One thing I don't think was specifically called out is the Slayer achievements. If those are something you're after for the improved ranks of banestrike, then personas are a benefit over alts. If your main has ranks of banestrike, all of their personas will start with those ranks. If your main is missing ranks of banestrike, you can potentially make progress on missing Slayer achievements while levelling up personas.
    Amtwo likes this.
  13. Gialana Augur

In addition to what Xyroff-cazic said, the persona feature unlock will likely be added to the Marketplace. But that will only happen either after the next expansion goes on sale or launches. So that won't be in time for the next TLP launch.
  14. Jagular Journeyman

Ok! thanks for the info, i guess ill make some alts instead or if i feel like spending some cash i'll just but the expantion, not sure yet if i will, i kinda like the idea of personas though not sure why + only having to do the flagging raids once in PoP is a huge pluss to ;)
  15. Amtwo New Member

That is a great point.

"One thing I don't think was specifically called out is the Slayer achievements. If those are something you're after for the improved ranks of banestrike, then personas are a benefit over alts. If your main has ranks of banestrike, all of their personas will start with those ranks. If your main is missing ranks of banestrike, you can potentially make progress on missing Slayer achievements while levelling up personas."
  16. Agrippa Augur

For myself, the main appeal here is that, for the first time in Norrath's history, I can have a singular character that has the possibility of using every spell, every skill, every ability. Of course, there will be restrictions here and I won't have full access to everything at any moment. This doesn't change the grouping or raiding restrictions, too, as I'm sure to need *a lot* of help with any number of things. Outside of buggy content, though, I'm having difficulty thinking of things that this singular character would find *impossible* to do now.