Dragon Glyph and Buff Lock

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gnomie, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Gnomie Denser than most

I noticed just a few minutes ago that using a dragon glyph while buff locked, just deletes the dragon glyph. It doesn't put it on cooldown, doesn't override anything else, and doesn't give you the buff. It does consume the glyph in your AA window, and requires you buy another one.

I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but it seems to be a pretty costly penalty for being buff locked.
    Metanis likes this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

It works like most other aa abilities that buff. It sucks but it's the current system.

We've long needed an increase in the number of buffs for player characters since they refuse to do a real audit of all the spell/aa abilities that land in the regular buff window vs short term buff window. And don't get me started on buff consolidation. At least 10 more slots would be decent and even at the start. So base would be 25 instead of 15. Probably could add 10 ranks of buff slots as well.
  3. Gnomie Denser than most

I noticed Armor of Experience gives you the red spam of "Your armor of experience doesn't take hold", and doesn't activate it or put it on cooldown. Seems like they could code dragon glyph not to eat the glyph.
  4. fransisco Augur

I shape my buff window so that its easy to see if my buff slots are full.
  5. Metanis Bad Company

It's funny how you can tell the serious players by simply looking at their buffs.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

No, we do not need more buffs slots. We have 42 slots. Sure, they can increase the amount given / levels to get them to players at lower levels. However, dedicating even more screen real estate to buffs slots means you can send me a new 42 inch monitor or something. Never mind managing so many slots. Buff consolidation is the way to go.

I use (and maintain) two custom UIs (Full UI, Just buff windows) that both show how many slots I have but also clearly displays how much room there is.
  7. Lubianx Augur

For a non raid tank, this is probably true.

Most others classes don't also get shining steel (2 slots), promised heals, DI, Moroseness, healer alliance, reflective procs/discs (eg trickery effect)

Whilst I agree buff consolidation is better, if they don't do it then raid tanks, especially knights, need more buff slots