Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ddezul, Apr 4, 2024.

1. jeskola pheerie

Thankfully this forum has an ignore feature
    samenye likes this.
  2. kain200 Augur

Super stoked over the kunark start. Love the iksar necro/monks and also more leveling paths!
    dwiguslowater likes this.
  3. Telsiph New Member

Already seeing complaining so wanted to join in and also say that I'm excited for this ruleset, looking forward to rolling on Teek!
  4. Kahna Augur

I originally started playing shortly after Kunark launched, bet I am not the only one. This will be a blast with the new leveling routes.
  5. itiswhatitis Elder

Yes, they are ... we get this. Makes no sense
  6. fransisco Augur

Which will be the most rare - human monk, euradite pal, or human rogue
  7. jeskola pheerie

8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

She was very cagey, only mentioned trains, not KS which is what is was supposed to be for.

They also ignored the quesition on the AMA if FTE had performed well and if it would be on all TLPs going forward.

It could also be that they don't want to totally kill Oakwynd and want to try and retain the players there who want FTE.
  9. fransisco Augur

FTE did cut out alot of the toxicity, but theres been a concerted effort railing against the inability to KS the last couple months
  10. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

To call them relaxed truebox then elaborate that they are in fact not truebox is a bit of a miss. I really want to box 3 on a free trade but i guess I won't. I was super excited when I read it was relaxed and then they proceed to explain that is in fact just regular and eventually doing what every other server does.

I get maybe wanting to limit boxing for the launch. I would love to see relaxed come in to play during Velious though. By time OOW rolls around I won't even be boxing. To me that's the only miss on Teek.

Tmax is just weird to roll out another phinny/aradune clone especially when that was only popular in 2020 due to covid and it being a tribute to Brad.
    dwiguslowater and fransisco like this.
  11. Morrigan Bowjobs

Seriously! A Phinny & Mischief clone...
    First, off putting a Mischief style server against a normal phinny clone is going to make thst server doa. Secondly, you couldn't come up with something new for your big 25th anniversary?
    That or at least take the best aspects of each server and combine them on one to represent 25 years. Like Vaniki's only level recommended items, Mischief random-free trade loot, Oakwynd expansion unlock bonuses (bonus xp, faction, AA, etc).

But just rehashing 2 servers with one of them being inferior ruleset to the other which will make it a ghost town is a let down for 25 years.
  12. fransisco Augur

kunark start (never done before) is generic retred? Of course they left out FTE so you can KS to your hearts desire I guess.
  13. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Funny Oakwynd was called True Box not relaxed box and was announced it would relax at Omens of War...

YOUR PROOF SIR...

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-oakwynd-now-live

Like I said redefined the terms....
  14. coltongrundy Augur

Without the 2 box limit and covid lockdowns, it's not an aradune clone. Tormax most closely resembles Yelinak with a Kunark start. And Yelinak is far from being one of the most popular servers.
    dwiguslowater likes this.
  15. coltongrundy Augur

It's already confirmed no FTE on either server.
  16. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

17. coltongrundy Augur

Yes. How much do you want to bet?
  18. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Perfect...saves me over $300...See yall
    Fizon likes this.
  19. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I believe i posted that was said at pax they didn't want to take oakwynd rules and pull people out of that server that are enjoying it. something to that effect and loosely paraphrased via grapevine but it makes sense.

And fully agree - the interview with Jchan was obvious body language / verbal cues that she wasn't too high on the FTE reception/implementation and didn't want to discuss it other then it reduced trains and CS tickets.

FTE just needs work - it will be back in the future but as it stands its not super awesome out of making exp easy to just pull past slow pokes.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Ruiner Elder

Kunark launch + mischief rules is what people have been asking for. They didn't miss the mark. Good ruleset.