Info Needed Frequent CTD since the new client 4/1/24

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kiras, Apr 2, 2024.

1. Kiras Augur

Server: The Rathe
    Character: Kiras
    Raiding Monday 4/1/24 everything was normal, no crashes. I saw a systemwide message about a new client when you log back in.

Raiding Tuesday 4/2/24: Crashing every ~20 mins or something ridiculous like that. Straight to desktop, no error message. It resembles the period something like 7 or 8 months ago for a patch. Raids it happened in: Ankexfen, Pal'lomen.

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 7700
    Vid card GeForce RTX 4070
    Windows 11
    Gorehammer and Greymantle like this.
  2. Gorehammer Lorekeeper

Just had 2 of my 3 EQ instances instantly crash to desktop without error message while all toons in Crescent Reach as I was preparing to enter an instance. No in-game action was taken nor button pressed at the moment of the crashes, except maybe just moving the mouse. This isn't the first time I've had instantaneous CTD's in the past week either, as I had it during a guild raid and a group mission, both of which I only had one instance of EQ running and I was not zoning.

This next part may sound like a separate bug, but it may be connected, I'll explain. This past week I've also been losing all EQ sound on occasion. This last 15 minutes or so I turned on my headphones to listen to some music while I logged toons in, but once I was ready to start the instance I turned the headphones off. I believe it was at that point the sound from EQ does not return? No ambiance, no spell casting, no clicked bags, and even hitting 'Play' in the Audio Trigger window doesn't make a peep. All other sounds tested on my Windows 10 machine do still work, and Volume Mixer shows everything at 100. This is now the 2nd time I've tried to fix my no sound issue but CTD within a minute of trying, happening not long after I've minimized all windows to click around desktop mp3 files and tweaking Windows settings. If still online but there's no sound, camping to char select does not remedy the issue, only camping to desktop and coming back. Again, not sure if these two issues are connected.

This time, for some reason, I couldn't get any account to the server select screen for ~45 minutes after that (main account online the whole time, EQ server status Up). This part may indeed be unrelated.
  3. WarDanger New Member

For me personally, the problem started on Tuesday and has been limited to LDON instances (both guk and mistmoore) where after approximately 30 minutes all 6 clients (all seperate PCs and a mix of Operating Systems) just close instantly. It's almost acting as if their idle timeout is disregarding any actual activity and just doing the disconnect after 30 minutes regardless.

It's extremely annoying and I hope gets addressed soon.
  4. Cairbrae Developer

Please PM me your Logs\dbg.txt file when this happens. Thanks!
  5. Cairbrae Developer

Also please make sure your virus scanner is excluding your EQ installation directory and its subdirectories. If you have other programs monitoring your EQ directory, please try running the game, from LaunchPad, on its own.
  6. Cairbrae Developer

Thanks for the dbg.txt. You're crashing in your NVIDIA driver for some reason. I've made a ticket to track this issue and included the crash reports.

PS: The other posters in this thread (so far) are not experiencing the same crash.
  7. Kiras Augur

Updating drivers from the one on 1/17/24 to 3/17/24 (newest one) might have helped. I haven't crashed for 30 mins now.
  8. p4aa New Member

I started to crash today, both times were in GGH, look like it has something to do with my NVIDIA card too maybe, sending my dbg.txt too. And it's also speaking of the 04/01/24 Client Version and Graphic Build Date.