Very minor trader-mode changes that would have big impacts for sellers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bernel, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Bernel Augur

There have been many discussions about major improvements that people would like to see made to the trader system. These suggestions are not about that. These suggestions are about small tweaks that could be made to the existing system.

* Put "Bazaar Trader Mode *ON*" in the chat window when you're in trader mode similar to "Bazaar Trader Mode *OFF*". There's a message when you turn off trader. There should be a message when you turn it on. As it is, I sometimes think I'm not in trader mode because this message is in the chat window even though I've turned trader on:
    [IMG]

* More evident visual color indication of sellable items. Have a way to make it more visually evident which items are sellable other than dark green on black background. This color scheme makes it hard to see which ones are sellable and which are not:
    [IMG]

* Add commas to numbers, both in the price boxes and text lists. The lack of commas makes it easy to make mistakes, like pricing something at 100000 rather than 1000000. (Workaround: Use the /bazaar window to find your trader and check your prices since the prices in /bazaar have commas.) And make the price boxes bigger so we can see the full number (really, make the money boxes bigger everywhere since they're too small in inventory and bank windows as well):

[IMG]

* Add "on/off" flags to the /trader command. When I want to go into trader mode, it'd be convenient to just run "/trader on" and instantly go into trader mode. Sometimes I forget to click "Begin Trader" after bringing up /trader.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It's hard for me to see which items are currently for sale. I have to look for the green underline. I even switched to a custom UI window and it still is not easy.

Every number in the game should have commas. Or if you wish to be international, then they should have a space (1 000 000 being one million). Although the comma is also an international standard and easier for most players: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator
    Rijacki likes this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

We have a UI comma champion, but it doesnt look like they are greenlit to spend much time on it so only a few things have been changed so far. Eventually.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Make it so you cant change prices while in trader mode. Buyer mode already does this but seller doesnt.
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Bernel Augur

Can the No Trade flag be removed from Trader's Satchels? I'm not sure why they're marked No Trade since anyone can buy them. If they didn't have No Trade, then players could more easily transfer trade satchels between their traders or between their character and their trader. For instance, when I'm moving a set of items from one trader to another, I wish I could just give the whole Trader's Satchel from one trader to another rather than having to give the items themselves. Or when I'm stocking my trader, I wish I could just have my regular character fill a trader satchel and give it to my trader. Those kinds of tasks would be easier if the satchel wasn't marked No Trade.
    Rijacki and alanus like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What would this change fix/prevent? It just seems like it would just slow down the changing of prices slightly by having to turn it off first.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Because they think that will interfere with the baz baddies.
  8. Lubianx Augur

You would probably have to keep the 12 slot trader satchels available with merchant perk no trade though if you did this.
    Bernel likes this.
  9. fransisco Augur

i would love commas.
    Also, I HATE the decimals. Making 5 plat 5 gold 2 copper = 5.5002 is STUPID. Like fire the person who did this levels of stupid
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Agreed. That seems silly. I turn my trader on then compare prices of what I have vs bazaar and adjust things as I get time while watching videos.
  11. Zinth Augur

actually commas are an american thing most of the rest uses 1.000.000,00 for 1 million and zero "smaller denominations" where american use 1,000,000.00
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Zinth Augur

ancient "lore" behind that if you will... not everyone had Luclin back then and it was big bags with giant size capacity, so to prevent ppl from just filling up their banks with them when they didn't have Luclin = tadaaa no trade (or as called back then, no drop)
    which is also why spells were no trade so you couldn't get new spells (non-level increase expansions) by getting them from someone else... to force you to buy the new expansion... ancient tactic
    Rijacki likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It isn't just an American thing as there are other parts of the world that use comma's and there are parts of the world that do things differently then that as well.
  14. Bernel Augur

I was wondering if that was the case. That made sense back then, but it doesn't seem like the flag is needed anymore on the satchel. Especially since there are purchasable, tradable, 10-slot containers like the Deluxe Toolbox that are easy to get.
  15. Zinth Augur

but still it does... every new TLP have the same "issue"... so they see no reason to change it, since if you want tradeable you can just go buy the deluxe toolbox
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How do the TLP servers have that issue when Luclin is enabled on every account by default now meaning that everyone has access to the expansion once it unlocks.
  17. Zinth Augur

that they still don't want them tradeable? and people can trade other bags so it shouldn't be a problem for people to use other bags if they want to trade them?
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The post is suggesting that they where originally no trade because not everyone had Luclin which is not the case anymore as that is enable for free on all accounts. If it is just the fact that they still don't want them to be tradeable that has nothing to do with TLP servers as once Luclin opens everyone has access to them anyways.

Even on a TLP you can get bags that are much larger.
  19. Windance Augur

Another minor QoL feature.

Show a full listing of the items you sold during the last "trader session".

When you turn trader mode off or kick an offline trader and log back in I'd love to see a list of what sold.

I'd rank this request as a ... when you have nothing better to do request :rolleyes:
    Rijacki likes this.
  20. Bernel Augur

It's not that I want another bag for general use. It's that Trader Satchels are the only bags that my trader can sell from. The reason I'd like the satchels to no longer be No Trade is because it would make it more convenient when bulk transferring stuff with my trader. I can certainly give my trader a Deluxe Toolbox filled with stuff, but my trader has to take stuff out of the toolbox and put it into his trader satchels to sell it. And when my trader wants to give a few bags of stuff to a different character, he has to take the stuff out of the satchels to give to the other character. If instead the satchels were regular bags, the bulk transfers could be done by just moving the satchels around just the way I do with Deluxe Toolboxes. Since anyone can get the satchels, it doesn't seem like there's any reason for the them to have the No Trade flag anymore.
    Fenthen likes this.