Linked Characters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Iven the Lunatic

The new feature from Laurion's Song that nobody talks about. The two rings do grant everyone Call of the Hero.
    • Does it only work in LS or everywhere ?
    • How to get the rings ?
    • What are your experiences with it ?
    • Is it a good feature ?
  2. Toukan Augur

If you're a completionist, and want to do EVERY quest, do the one for the ring you don't want first.
    Meaning, if you are going to end up with LOST, do FOUND first. And vice versa.
    Two people with LOST and FOUND can, when in the same zone, if attuned to each other, can click the ring (10 sec cast, 30 min refresh) and teleport to the other person.
    To attune them, be near each other, target other person, click ring. It will tell you if you're too far away. It will ask you "Do you want to attune to THISPERSON?"
    If you don't care about doing all tasks (like I do) then simply do the task for the ring you want.
    Elmara gives/offers these tasks after progression in Hero's Forge is done.
    Fanra likes this.
  3. Mysl Augur

Is the linking a one-to-one linked? Can you linked to more than one person?
  4. Toukan Augur

Can only be linked to one person (at a time) but can change who you're linked to
  5. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

This is a mostly useless item if it cannot be used across zones. It's worse than a fellowship campfire imo.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

What is the point of doing it in that order ?
  7. Iven the Lunatic

CotH is considered being very usefull for boxing and it does only work within one zone. Many boxers do only add a magician for that spell/ability to their group setup. The 30 min cooldown is a major drawback but seems to be necessary for not nerfing the magician class to much.

I think that it can be a very powerfull feature when being combined with a rogue and a magician. The rogue could just sneak to a hardly reachable spot and then summon the magician, who then could CotH everyone else, if that spell/ability does work in that zone. In some cases the magician would not be needed at all.
  8. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Or just play a bard!
  9. Zarkdon Augur

Fellowship campfires are amazingly useful.
    Ozon, Joules_Bianchi and Toukan like this.
  10. Tuco Augur

I've used it here and there with a mage linked to a necro (who can levant). If there were dungeons in LS with see invis mobs I'd use my mage linked to a bard (who can bulldoze through mobs with fade) or a rogue (shroud of stealth).

Overall a cool feature and fun quest. Wouldn't mind at all if they made it work across zones.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

I have to bribe or blackmail Absor and Lucy to play rogues instead of bards. Then rogues would be DPS, tanks, CC, and everything else that the bard currently is.
  12. Toukan Augur

The point of doing it in that order is this.

You can only have one ring at a time. If you have one, you have to give it up to start other quest.
    So..
    IF you want to do both quests (for the ach points or whatever), start on the one you don't want. Give it up, do the one you do want.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

I paired with my wifes cleric. I can't really see this being very useful. More importantly we paired my bard with her mage so I can get somewhere with the bard and her mage can arrive and summon any others.
    Joules_Bianchi and Toukan like this.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

Name of quest please? When I retire I will have to buy a printer for home I swear hehhehee.
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Cavall Journeyman

There are 2 quests.
    Lost in the Past
    Found in the Present
  16. Iuwene Augur

Funny thing is, that the rings enable people to do exactly that thing what DBG was afraid we would use personas for if we could switch anywhere.

Link a rogue and a mage. Rogue runs to destinations, calls mage. Mage CoHs rest of group.
    Ozon and Vumad like this.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

nice use of the rings

I'm not a rogue, but I'm stealing that.
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

"owns a printer" has begun trending on Dating Dealbreaker listicles.

Just sayin'
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

Would be more interested if she listed "Owns a bass boat"!
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That isn't the only concern and something that could already be done by having a rogue drag a mage to the destination, rez them with a merc or rez token and have them call the group.
    Shanarias likes this.