Feast of Giving is Back

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]
    Gather ‘round the table, tuck in your napkin, and have your silverware at the ready!

With decorations around the dining room and on the table, the Autumn leaves gently blowing in the breeze just outside the window, and the delicious smells of the impending regale emanating from the kitchen . . .

. . . oh, wait. This ain’t a Norman Rockwell painting! Nope, this is Feast of Giving: EverQuest style! Cue the baddies of Norrath as you sharpen your swords, wield your staves, and hold up your maces. You’ve got some slaying to do!

Feast of Giving returns and the fluffy name is just our way of merely expressing how much we appreciate you. In reality, though, we do genuinely appreciate you, but you’re gonna have to face off against some villainous foes in order to reap the love. That’s right, starting today and ending on November 27, 2022 at 11:00 p.m. PST, here is what’s new for this year’s event:
    • The frogloks of Rathe Mountains have decided that this is the season to reach out to the ogres and trolls of Innothule Swamp. They have sent the young froglok, Zok Glooria, to bring the feast to those bashers and bouncers now inhabiting the swamp. She may need a little assistance in making sure that the feasts are delivered without being feasted upon. She offers two new quests that have been set to be accepted by all character levels. Once the bouncers have been fed, Bouncer Mako offers a follow-up quest.
    • While visiting the wetland, keep an eye out for a new collection of Froglok Snacks.
    While the temperature outside may be cooling down, the heat is still raging in-game! So, get out there and enjoy the benefits of Feast of Giving. And remember, we cannot thank you enough for being a part of this incredible journey and adventure!

Be sure to follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.

minimind likes this.
  2. Jedis Arch Mage

What expansion is this quest series tied to? Which TLPs will be able to participate?
    Yinla and Herf like this.
  3. Loup Garou De loop de loop

4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thank you for posting this. When I saw the title here is, "Feast of Giving is Back", I was like, "What to they mean 'Back'?, this is new.

I know they mean well, but I don't consider some sales as a EverQuest "Event". This is the first year we actually got some in-game content for Feast of Giving, so as far as I'm concerned, this is the first EQ Feast of Giving. Although the previous years' xp, rare, and faction bonuses were in-game, so maybe I'm not consistent.
  5. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Its very confusing. If they want to say its "back" then it needs to be somewhat similar to what was offered in the past. I don't remember any quests at all previously. It was all about the combination of giving for Thanksgiving and the Black Friday sales.

So if they want to add these new quests to the previous template for Feast of Giving then that is cool. But let us have our marketplace sales also.

I do consider the sales as an "event" because they happen on eventful days. There is seldom a sale for no reason at all. They are all tied to a holiday or anniversary etc.
  6. Derd Augur

Thanks for proving once again eq posters can find fault in literally anything.
    And thanks to all the workers at our favorite game, Happy Thanksgiving to all.
  7. Herf Augur

I was wondering if we would not get the TG bonus after the other bonus :(.

Though the Feast is not yet on the in game calendar, and previous years TG XP bonuses were only about 4 days, so there's still time for DP to give it to us. Time to pray to the Great Turkey.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Looks to me like they are just asking for clarity, they are not finding fault and are just showing examples of what they feel is different. Perhaps beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
    Kaenneth and Herf like this.
  9. Herf Augur

Basically if one has Thanksgiving and Xmas every day for years, one comes to expect it will continue.
  10. alyxandyr New Member

Cant find Zok Glooria , where is it ?
  11. Wyora New Member

Unable to find the quest NPCs or the glowing blue collection items on Rizlona, so assume Aradune and newer TLPs won't have this available.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

A bit west of the LDoN hollow log. Next to a tree, but pretty easy to spot.
  13. Herf Augur

It appears that Agnarr at least will not benefit from these events. Zok Glooria is not up in Innothule.