Level 100 Heroic Characters Are Almost Here!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thanks for the clarification and additional info!
    Qwalla likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, I would like to know what goes on with those Heroic character slots I have all over the place too.

As far as being able to tell which are free and which are paid - It only would matter for the first Heroic they gave out in 2014. The devs have said any Heroic since then acts the same no matter if it is free or paid. They can all be remade but that first one. And now this one that is being given out.
  3. Meeko Developer(Code)

The second Q+A is referencing using a Level 85 upgrade on a character that already had a level 100 upgrade applied. I'll see if we can clarify that point.

Not at this time, though it's something that we could maybe implement. I'll make a note about it.
    Skuz and Hobitses like this.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Mercenaries#AAs

"The Call of the Forsaken expansion introduced Mercenary Alternate Advancements (AAs)."

they should be fine for starting in RoF since Merc AAs were a next expansion feature.
    Szilent likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The level 85 Heroics did not include Augs, will the level 100s include augs?

Or will there be progression quests like the level 85 Heroics had.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

While he maybe your favourite the portal to Eastern Wastes would make more sense, it is also the same zone as ToV started in albeit a different version.

Can the portal just offer a choice of the other version of the stone, the same way Overthere and Feerott do in PoK?
    PCSS, Hobitses and SteamFox like this.
  7. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Vigilant Armor is from TBL, a level 110 expansion.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

shhhh! don't tell them that;)
    MacDubh likes this.
  9. Malbro Augur

When a new 100 heroic is bought, is the button on the character select screen going to be different than the 85? I have 3 unused 85s and I was wondering about telling the difference.
  10. Meeko Developer(Code)

Yes. That UI is being updated to have a dropdown of the available Heroic Character options on the server and the quantity of each you have entitled for your account. You'll select the option in the dropdown and then hit the "Upgrade Character" button.
    Hobitses likes this.
  11. Razorfall Augur

I don't get the implementation at all.

Why have two different types of heroic characters at different levels and price points instead of making the current heroic characters scale based on the server's current expansion?

Why not just upgrade 85 slots to 100 and remove the old item from the store?

And again, starting them NINE expansions back?
    Hobitses likes this.
  12. Qwalla Developer

We will not be changing anything about the trophy quests. Heroic characters will need to do the level appropriate quests. Additionally, characters will not have an option to keep their tradeskills at level 50 in order to do the beginner's tasks.

/hides behind eucalyptus
    [IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because the level 85 heroics are still usable on servers before the new ones unlock? It would be nice if they could make them scale based on current expansion but it seems that is not possible as they have to do a lot of the work by hand.
  14. Qwalla Developer

They will not include augs. Shard's Landing will not have any additional quests (or other changes) the way that Feerrott did for level 85 heroic characters.

/hides further in eucalyptus
    [IMG]
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  15. Accendo Guest

The F.A.Q. has been updated a bit to explain the creation process and some other minor details.
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  16. Poppinfresh Elder

Just to be clear, will level 100 heroics be flagged to get the level 85 heroic augs from completing the T1 HoT partisan and mercenary tasks? They're better than nothing. :)
  17. Qwalla Developer

Yes they are flagged to do those!
    PCSS, Skuz, Poppinfresh and 1 other person like this.
  18. Malbro Augur

Thank you for the info.
  19. Supermoist New Member

There appears to be one more question that wasn't answered yet:

Will we be able to spend 500 dbc to get our existing lvl 85 slots upgraded to lvl 100 slots or are the existing ones useless for most people and you're going to make us spend 4000 dbc to get a lvl 100 slot?
  20. Slasher Augur

You should of included level appropriate augs. They really make a difference.
    PCSS likes this.