Level 100 Heroic Characters Are Almost Here!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]And you'll get quite a lot of benefits when you purchase one.

New level 100 Heroic Characters are dropping next week in EverQuest! If you’ve been around for a while, you’ll remember that we added Heroic Characters in 2014 at level 85. Well, soon you will be able to purchase a Heroic Character that starts at level 100.

Let’s break down the benefits you can look forward to with a new Level 100 Heroic Character. Here’s what you’ll receive upon purchase:
    • 25,000 Platinum
    • Selyrah Mount
    • One Extra Mercenary Slot
    • Two 40-Slot Bags
    • Spells
    • Thousands of Auto-Granted Alternative Advancement Abilities (AA’s)
    • Full Set of Equipment, including weapons, armor, Power Source and Charm
    • Food, Drink, and Ammo
    • 200 Bayle Marks
    As a reminder, here’s what you get with a Level 85 Heroic Character (original FAQ found here):
    • 15,000 Platinum
    • Jungle Raptor Mount
    • Two 24-Slot Bags
    • Spells
    • Thousands of Auto-Granted Alternative Advancement Abilities (AA’s)
    • Full Set of Equipment, including weapons, armor, Power Source and Charm
    • Food, Drink, and Ammo
    • 100 Bayle Marks
    FAQ
    For the new level 100 Heroic Characters, here are some frequently asked questions and answers:

Q: How do I create a new Heroic Character?
    A: Heroic Characters can be purchased in the Marketplace under the Services category. Once purchased, head to the Character Creation page and you’ll see a dropdown on the right that shows the available upgrade options and the quantity of each entitled on your account. After choosing the attributes for your new character, choose the Heroic Character option you want to apply from the dropdown. Then use the “Heroic Character” button to enter the world.

Q: How do I upgrade an existing character to be a Heroic Character?

A: Heroic Characters can be purchased in the Marketplace under the Services category. You can upgrade your character from either the Character Select or Inventory windows. Locate the dropdown that lists the Heroic Character options available, select the one you would like to use, and use the “Upgrade Character” button to apply the upgrade.

Q: Will I be getting a free level 100 Heroic Character?

A: Not at the release of this feature.

Q: How much will the level 100 Heroic Characters cost?

A: They will cost 4000DBC and can be purchased in the Services section of the Marketplace. The existing Level 85 Heroics will remain at their current price of 3500DBC.

Q: What happens to the level 85 Heroic Characters that I have purchased but not used?

A: These can continue to be used to create a level 85 Heroic Character on servers with Call of the Forsaken unlocked.

Q: What happens if I upgrade a paid (not free/trial) level 85 Heroic Character to level 100?

A: You'll get refunded a Level 85 Heroic Character (without the consumable pack).

Q: What expansion is needed to unlock the new Level 100 Heroic Characters?

A: Torment of Velious (with Level 85 Heroic Characters still set to open on progression servers at Call of the Forsaken).

Q: Can I use a Level 85 Heroic Character upgrade if my character already had a level 100 Heroic Character upgrade applied?
    A: No, you cannot upgrade a character using a lower Heroic Character level than was already used.

Q: What zone will the new Level 100 Heroic Characters start in?

A: They’ll start in Shard’s Landing with access to use all of the portals.

Q: Will there be any new quests for the level 100 Heroic Characters?

A: No.

If you’ve ever wondered how far you can take your adventuring in Norrath, look no further! Level 100 Heroic characters will be available on September 21, 2022 once scheduled downtime is complete. Click here if you need to re-up your Daybreak Cash. You can also click here to check out the original level 85 Heroics. Happy hunting!

Be sure to follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Discord.

Jordis, Skuz, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thanks for the information.

Will the Level 100 Heroic Characters continue to include DoN progression (included with 85 HC)?

Separately, will the Level 100 Heroic Character come with 'The Tears of Alaris' or other special progression, achievements, or items (not previously included with 85 HC)?
    Hobitses likes this.
  3. SteamFox Augur

Will one of the unused portals in Shard's Landing be re-purposed to go to a more current expansion zone and/or Plane of Knowledge? While Shard's Landing is probably the best level appropriate hub for the new heroics even with the portals pre-attuned (Thank GOD!) it's still a bit distant from the current game. (vs Feerrott the dream spawning 85s at the PoK book).
    Hobitses likes this.
  4. I_Luv_Foraging Journeyman

Well, that's nice, but a kick in the pants. I have 4 heroic slots that I was waiting to use when this upgrade hit, now you are telling me they are useless. Thanks.
  5. SteamFox Augur

Do the 100s come with any Trade skill abilities? I believe the 85s started at 50 in everything?
  6. Qwalla Developer

Level 100 heroics come with 150 points in all tradeskills :D
    Skuz, Hobitses, PatCleric and 2 others like this.
  7. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Will they include the relevant Type 3 augments for each class?
  8. I_Luv_Foraging Journeyman

Are you realigning the TS trophy quests to this, so that the heroic toons don't have to do a harder quest for their trophy?
  9. Qwalla Developer

At this time, none of the denizens of Shard's Landing have repurposed that portal! But you do bring up a valid idea for consideration. I'll pass it on to one of the portal tenders -- maybe Jimothy the Delicious? He's my favorite.
    Jent, Skuz, Oakenblade and 4 others like this.
  10. Poppinfresh Elder

I'm curious as to whether they'll come with any augs at all. Level 85 heroics don't, but doing T1 HoT partisan and mercenary quests as a heroic will grant a full set of type 7s for every slot. Perhaps they're doing something similar with the quests in Shard's Landing for level 100 heroics.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How will this work on existing toons that are higher then level 100? I remember the level 85 ones got used at times on higher level toons for the things they flagged a toon for.
  12. Xkallubar New Member

Will I be able to upgrade an unused, payed for, 85 heroic upgrade to a level 100 heroic upgrade with 500 dbc?
    Silvena, Makta, Hobitses and 2 others like this.
  13. Qwalla Developer

The level 100 heroic characters will continue to receive the specific progression, AAs etc, that level 85 heroics get. They additionally receive access to all Shard's Landing portals, level 100 Alaran language, and 1 rank in the Hero's Barracks AA. Level 100 heroic characters will also begin their journey with four premade hotbars, featuring all the skills you need to start your adventure off right (well, in our opinion at least). Upgraded characters will be given the option to upgrade these bars or keep their currently existing ones.
    Skuz, Hobitses, Nennius and 3 others like this.
  14. Qwalla Developer

Our system will check each skill individually. If it is below 150, it will raise itself 150. If the tradeskill is over that amount, we won't touch it :D

For the appropriate class/races, this includes poison making, alchemy, and tinkering.
    Skuz, Hobitses, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  15. Qwalla Developer

I'm stepping away to eat lunch BUT I look forward to answering more of your questions when I return in ~1 hour.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

How do:

Q: What happens if I upgrade a paid (not free/trial) level 85 Heroic Character to level 100?
    A: You'll get refunded a Level 85 Heroic Character (without the consumable pack).

and

Q: Can I use a Level 85 Heroic Character if I already used a Level 100 Character?
    A: No.

reconcile? what are you supposed to do with the 85 upgrade if you can't use it? So I'm guessing the "No." applies only to individual characters.

also, regarding

is there a way to tell if an existing character's upgrade was free vs paid, if you don't remember?
  17. Blackburrow23 Elder

You can't use a 85 token to upgrade a toon who has already been upgraded using the level 100 token. You used to be able to upgrade any toon, regardless of level, to get the DON progressuon, bags, mounts, AAs etc.

Similarly, I don't think you can use a 85 token on a toon who already used an 85 token.
  18. Glutton New Member

you did not mention merc's. with the level 100 heroic character will the merc's be top tier and will they be granted Merc AA's. They would be pretty poorly matched to level 100 character if they were the same cherry version as with the 85 heroic
    Hobitses likes this.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

They give you an hour?! Hersey!

What level gear? RoF T1 (Fear Touched) or T4 (Fear Infused)?

Why RoF instead of CotF? While the daily missions given by Clayton Teek can go to TDS, it's normally CotF. I'm interested in the internal dialog if it can be shared.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are only 2 levels of merccs now. So if your paid you get a J5 and if your not you get the apprentice. And yes this is important since you can upgrade a free account to the level 100 Heroic and get all those AA.

So the question is: As far as the merc AA and if they come with vigilant armor?