Test Update 07/12/2022 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 12, 2022.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Grotbogger New Member

One of my accounts was left afk for a few minutes on character select. When I came back all the character's on the account disappeared, and it now says loading characters in a little window. After an amount of time the window sometimes will say it failed to load the characters and to relog, but it continues to happen.

Looking at the patch time I may have done a /testcopy at the same time the patch was going on. Will try to /testcopy again when the timers up.

Edit: After waiting the time and using /testcopy on the same characters I copied over i was able to restore the characters on the account.
    ChiiChii likes this.
  3. Paladin Augur

Craknek Hero (aka Crude Stein) is not broken. It can be completed.

Fisherman Convert is not Paladin restrictive. The Snapped pole can be acquired in two different ways and the quest can be completed by anyone.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When you first log into a character after the test patch it will delete your UI and replace it with the default one. This only happens on the first login and if you redo your UI with a backup it works after that.
    Qimble likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

After the test patch if I switch back to full screen it moves the game from monitor 2 to monitor 1. At this point I am unable to move it back like I can with other apps with the windows+shift+right arrow keys. If I switch it back to windowed mode it moves back to monitor 2.
    Qimble likes this.
  6. Szilent Augur

The Gnomish Hovering Transport reward item for Overseer achievement "World: Traveler Agents: Elite" has no spell attached, so it does nothing

The Visage of the Bixie Worker reward item for Overseer achievement "World: Worker Agents: Elite" has no spell attached, so it does nothing

The Flame-Scorched Hammer Ornament -- oop, that works great! but it'd make folks substantially happier to acquire, I bet, if there were two of them so they could be dual wielded or applied to both 1h & shield, or to weapon & bow
    Hobitses and Kendeth like this.
  7. Szilent Augur

I note that the ornament isn't Lore, so folks who are super motivated can "rob Peter to pay Paul" by taking a *year* or whatever to *complete Overseer advancement* (which requires a level 85+ character) on some other server on the same acct, to then pay to transfer the unique Heirloom ornament to their main?

This is a distasteful thing to recognize.
    Xeladom, Lophophora, zleski and 3 others like this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Hrm. they have spells on beta, and function... But I confirmed that it is not on test... So... Not sure, but first guess is a patching issue.
    Sticky_Fingers and Thunderkiks like this.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Okay. We found the reason, and it was a design error.
  10. Paladin Augur

RE: Overseer Achievements...

The Categories of 'FaydwerAgents' & 'FaydwerQuests' appear to be missing a space be tween the words (should be 'Faydwer Agents' & 'Faydwer Quests').

Also, with the World" Collect Fippy Darkpaw Achievement, Fippy Darkpaw is listed as one of the awards. Acquiring Fippy is what grants this Achievement!
    Svann2 likes this.
  11. Paladin Augur

RE: Overseer Achievement World: Scorched Sky: Quests... the award is a Sealed Tetradrachm Coffer that grants 8K Tetradrachms.

I know how in recent years Devs have been hesitant to add items to them game. In this case, why not just grant the 8K Tetradrachm outright? The Coffer seems unnecessary.
  12. Paladin Augur

SUGGESTION FOR OVERSEER ACHIEVEMENTS

--> Break down the 'Faydwer Agents' section into Common, Uncommon, Rare & Elite Categories, with 'master' Achievements for completing each type and a 'conquest' Achievement for completing all four types.

--> Break down the 'Faydwer Quests' section into Level 2, Level 3, Level 4 & Level 5 categories, with 'master' Achievements for completing each type and a 'conquest' Achievement for completing all four types.

This would be more consistent with other Achievement categories, as well.
    Yinla and Tweakfour17 like this.
  13. Paladin Augur

Many ornaments have graphic effects... not sure if the Flame-Scorched Hammer Ornament is supposed to have one (and the other ones it can converted to), but as it is right now, it does not. So, maybe check that one too.

Otherwise, if no effects were intended, they still look great.
  14. Paladin Augur

OVERSEER 'Fighter Quest' category.

On the surface, this 'looks' like completing actual Quests and the Achievements would complete as you slowly complete each different Quest.

However, what it actually is, is Leveling Up your Overseer Stats Levels.

Also, these 'Stat' Categories will surely apply and carry over, henceforth, so... they are not just 'Faydwer' Achievements, no?

In short, the name of this Category seems ill-considered. How about just 'Overseer Stats'?
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

May we get more information and reproduction steps for this? We have not been able to reproduce this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Logged on to test today....my screen is now a 6th of the size it was before instead of full screen. :rolleyes:

And the music makes me want to throw the comp out the window............please give us back the EQ theme music.
    Captain Video likes this.
  17. Paladin Augur

Hopefully the Bixie Worker Illusion is different from the Visage of the Bixie Drone.
  18. Paladin Augur

Have you tried clicking a corner and dragging it to the size you want it?
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Copy of my ini file - Windowed mode is set to false but it is still opening in windowed mode. :rolleyes:

[IMG][IMG]
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Nothing in that window is dragable. I can move it but not make it larger. Hate change! :mad:

Other half is on the case though. :)