Level Locked Time Locked Progression Vaniki Server FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogean Lorekeeper

Which makes sense from a Content/Design context. However, since then, they did this on Mischief, and are doing it on Vaniki, most likely from a Code/Programming context. This should be fairly easy to apply to all other TLP's, and it is needed for (in my opinion) every expansion, but especially so for the expansions that originally lasted one year and haven't had any adjustments.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah if they found a way using a code system like they did with Mischief to double loot rather than the multiplier system employed for ToV+ then I would agree with you.

The shorter time between unlocks TLP have restricts the amount of available time to farm - the raid currency being doubled later on helped address the problem in later expansions but that hasn't been extended backwards (though I've suggested that before.)
  3. Canardvc Lorekeeper

We don't have much more than a post from Accendo :

I really would lile to know if you can use I-S-B or of you have to wait for truebox to be removed with PoR expansion. Alt-tabbing makes me sick.

25 May (12pm PST I think). It's in the producer's letter thread.
  4. Canardvc Lorekeeper

5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With people claiming they have been banned for using I-S-B, I would said it isn't usable on any server anymore.
  6. NImxat Elder

7. Jaqen New Member

Can't wait to see how this server plays out.
  8. Accendo Guest

The FAQ article was just updated to include the following:

Skuz likes this.
  9. Ythera Augur

Record that I feel disdain that an AOC for Riftseekers isn’t being added for TLPs. I’d like to experience this content, but in the past have not been able to due to other guilds monopolizing it. Also, the amount of content for raiding in OOW is pretty limited and would benefit greatly from having a few extra targets, an AOC for Hulcror in WoS and the mini raids in Ruined City of Dranik would turn this expansion around completely.
  10. coltongrundy Augur

There is nothing to interpret there. It's written clearly in plain English. 1 != 999.
  11. Ecko Elder

Can we have clarification if I S Boxer will be enabled when the relaxed truebox is enabled, or at least when it's removed please?

Alt-tabbing isn't great!
  12. Mallar New Member

Why would one want to start on this server vs Live? Doesn't seem like reliving a progression, but an experiment by DBG...
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You can start it as any class - don't underestimate the appeal of every class being available on launch.
    Faster progression than standard servers - takes less time to get to live which is a plus for some folks
    Achievement system goals based on challenges - lacklustre rewards kinda anti-climaxed this pretty hard
    Getting to try a more difficult rather than just more tedious EQ - tackling content that was designed for up to 10 levels higher than your level is capped at should provide some thrills & spills.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Accendo Guest

Just edited in some updates to the Vaniki FAQ:

• Challenge rewards section > Level 60, Omens of War/Dragons of Norrath/Depths of Darkhollow/Prophecy of Ro > Goal, Riftseekers (King or Queen) > Reward, 4 primitive weapon ornaments.
    • Additionally, simply for playing to level 60, you will be granted a Vaniki illusion and a primitive weapon ornament for reaching each level cap after that.
    Skuz, Appren, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  15. Smak Augur

Q: Will stuns, mesmerization, charm, and similarly level limited spells still be capped at the original level limit?
    A: The level cap on the following crowd control spell effects will be increased by 10 to allow PCs to engage with the content as expected: Charm (Excluding Dire Charm), Fade, Fear, Fling, Gravitate, Mesmerization, Spin Stun, and Stun.

This is the level cap to land spells? Does this mean that fear can land on level 65 npcs?

Also will we be able to scribe spells that are 10 levels higher than what we are?
  16. Smak Augur

Are monsters resists set to zero or negative?
  17. Rebelicious Augur

A lot of TLPs start losing population around POP/God. Consequently, every TLP restarts from classic. There is a sizable population that
    1. doesn't want to play on Live but a TLP, for the Fresh Start game.
    2. Would like to finally get PAST classic at fresh start and get to the more luscious EQ expansions, which due to the short-lived nature of TLPs... are invariably missed out on.
    3. This is a NEW SERVER... with new toons, new guilds, and actually a new ruleset. Joining say LIVE, or a later progression TLP... and you're just another alt.. but HERE everyone is brand new so you get those benefits...

A. New TLP server
    B. Later expansions are open and will gradually be accessible based on your guild's ability to gear and use tactics to progress.
    C. You're closer to a richer EQ experience since most haven't played these expacs in years, and certainly not as newbs.
    D. It's NOT the same old easypeasy TLP classic game that you can do blindfold with one hand tied behind you're back... this is the SAME new TLP with a chance at greater challenge... limited only by your guild's tactical ability and raid prowess.
    E. in essence, instead of raids having a very low demand ceiling that restricts you far too long to the point of near boredom... the sky is the limit... if your raid can learn to FLY. But it won't be easypeasy by any means. On LIVE everyone on lvl 115's etc can free farm these zones... but everyone here starts on an equal footing, no mercs, etc, just players who are up for a challenge and ready to test their skills with a solid team.

Vaniki sort of addresses that niche of players, who've played several TLPs but only got to POP/GoD... to now get to the really meaty good raid expacs... all the way to LIVE.. but without joining late, as an afterthought ungeared, equal to someone's alt on a server where everyone's already raid-geared and far beyond you... a NEW server where all start as equals and are excited to start raiding together.
    Tropi and Yinla like this.
  18. Accendo Guest

Another update to note - added just now:

Skuz, Tears, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  19. Accendo Guest

Updated rewards:

Defeat Phinigel Autropos, Lady Vox, and Lord Nagafen by level 40
    • Title: the Valiant
    Defeat Severilous, Gorenaire, Talendor, and Trakanon by level 50
    • Metamorph Wand - Trakaraptor
    Defeat Emperor Ssraeshza by level 55
    • Metamorph Wand - Emperor Ssraeshza
    Defeat Solusek Ro by level 55
    • Title: the Penultimate Element
    Defeat Deepest Guk: The Curse Reborn (Raid) by level 55
    • Token of the Magus
    Defeat Vishimtar the Fallen by level 60
    • Raid Currency
    Defeat Sendaii, the Hive Queen by level 60
    • Metamorph Wand - Lava Spider
    Defeat The Tolling of Dissonant Bells by level 60
    • White Skystrider Whistle
    Defeat Mayong's Mistresses by level 65
    • Bright Bag of Collection
    Defeat Fippy's Revenge by level 75
    • Title: the Relentless
    Defeat The Doomscale Horde by level 90
    • Contract of the Nihil
    Defeat Defense of the City by level 90
    • Bridle of the Tranquil Shriekpaw
    Defeat Doorstep of War by level 95
    • Trinket of the Frontier Mountains
    Defeat Fight Fire by level 100
    • Contract of the Phoenix
    Defeat Tantor by level 105
    • Raid Currency

Updated challenges and their order:

Challenge: Defeat the Classic Three
    Challenge: Defeat Cazic-Thule
    Challenge: Defeat Dragons of Kunark
    Challenge: Defeat Lord Yelinak
    Challenge: Defeat Emperor Ssraeshza
    Challenge: Defeat Solusek Ro
    Challenge: Defeat Deepest Guk: The Curse Reborn (Raid)
    Challenge: Defeat Cragbeast Queen
    Challenge: Defeat Queen Pyrilonis or King Gelaqua
    Challenge: Defeat Vishimtar the Fallen
    Challenge: Defeat Sendaii, the Hive Queen
    Challenge: Defeat The Tolling of Dissonant Bells
    Challenge: Defeat Lethar
    Challenge: Defeat Mayong's Mistresses
    Challenge: Defeat Meldrath the Malignant
    Challenge: Defeat Pallorax the Soul Slayer
    Challenge: Defeat Fippy's Revenge
    Challenge: Defeat Cazic-Thule
    Challenge: Defeat Two Sides of the Stone
    Challenge: Defeat High Priest Syltetzalvek
    Challenge: Defeat The Doomscale Horde
    Challenge: Defeat Defense of the City
    Challenge: Defeat Innoruuk, the Prince of Hate
    Challenge: Defeat Doorstep of War
    Challenge: Defeat Balance of Power
    Challenge: Defeat Fight Fire
    Challenge: Defeat Griklor the Restless
    Challenge: Defeat Tantor
    Challenge: Defeat Doomshade
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Accendo Guest

And thread unlocked now that there is new information. I've also updated the FAQ article but only here can you see the challenge order.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.