Test Update 4/14/2022 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 14, 2022.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Slipdiggity New Member

Still can not get players in who were camped in TOL Maidens Eye. They get disconnected and if you try the go home button on character select they still disconnect/ I lied.. got my shammy out but beastlord and necro won't log in.
  3. Slipdiggity New Member

To further I did get my necro in.. went to camp.. got down to 5 seconds ( in Maidens Eye).. then waited near 2 minutes and got a disconnect. So logged him in again and ported to pok and he logged out normally. However my Main the beastlord will not log in or return home.. You get the first blue bar but you do not get the second blue bar that usually shows up and fills in blue.. it then disconnects in 2 to 5 minutes
  4. forum troll Elder

Will test reopen at all tonight or should I make other plans? I know there are important things to fix
  5. kizant Augur

Was there a change to the use windowed gamma option recently? When I log off Test it reduces gamma on my PC by quite a bit. I do have that option enabled and when I turn it off the same thing happens while I'm in game. It's like EQ is disabling it when exiting.

The problem is that if I reboot and ever run EQ my gamma is much higher than it is after I logon to and leave the Test server..
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Paladin Augur

TEMPEST FESTIVAL QUESTS

I had no real issues with Here Comes the Rain or Singing in the Reign out of PoK. All good.

I was able to complete Reign of Rain in Jaggedpine with no issues, but I do have a concern. I don't have a real concern with the MOB's hitting for 35k, 40k, 50K (and I am maxed / raid geared Pally) -- but do these open world Level 90-97 Quest MOB's really need ridiculous Raid Boss level Hit Points!?!?

As for the last quest, Felled by the Reign -- other than the same concern about the MOB HP -- I am unclear about what to do other than kill the 'sirocco' MOB's for the stones / crystals.

The NPC tells you 'Great, there are siroccos near here. They carry the virgae stones. You can use these stones to summon a virga. Defeat the virgae and show the Tempest that you are a contender.'

The Quest window says 'Hunt down unstable sirocco and gather their virgae summoning stones. Combine the broken crystals and the fractured summoning stone to create a Virgae Summoning Stone. Make sure you are near the water before using the stone.'

The first step is summon 5 storm lords, and does not update on sirocco kills. And the sirocco have variant names other than 'unstable' (whirling, wobbling, unstable...).

I have looted 3 different 'virgae' items (5 total), and they are called Crystals, not Stones (Brittle Virgae Crystals, Burnt Virgae Crystals, Fused Virgae Crystals).

Clicking them does nothing. Clicking them by the water does nothing. I was not given a 'fractured' item, nor have I seen a dropped one.

So far, the quest NPC & quest window narratives are not very clear. How many stones do you need? Does it matter which type? Where does the fractured one come from? Is the fractured one the combine device, or do you use a certain tradeskill?

UPDATE: Resolved. The combine device is also a rare drop, or does not drop until you have a certain number of the other crystals. In that is a 3 slot container, logic follows that the combine is one each of the crystals.

However, I still feel that the Quest MOB's are overpowered.
    Hobitses and Lessw like this.
  7. Lessw Journeyman

we finished this today in a mini raid of 2 groups all level 120's, and found that ONLY 1 person gets credit for the first part 0/5 summoning mobs
    but everyone in the group/raid got the kill credit for the 0/7 mobs
    and for each person thats 20 mobs to kill

Great quest, but 2 suggestions to help Balance the quest:
    1:
    increase the level of the mobs from the level ~90 to ~115 ( then it will be more inline for getting exp when farming )
    Or
    Decrease the HP and attack to make mobs be closer to level 90 mobs as they would not be killable at that levelthe way it is

2:
    when 1 person clicks the item to summon the 0/5 mobs.... Please have it update everyone in the group/raid.
    Hobitses likes this.