Community Resource Council is Relaunching!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]It took some time and a lot of planning, but it's back.

The Community Resource Council is relaunching. It took some time to finalize all the details and prepare the new application process, but we're now ready to recoup and foster what we hope will be a valuable resource for our community and developers alike.

The application process will be made available for all dedicated EverQuest players who wish to participate as a member of the CRC on January 28, 2022. On February 11, 2022, the application process will close and vetting of candidates will begin. We hope to have our new CRC team up, notified, and ready to go by February 18, 2022.

If you're at all curious to know more or interested in becoming a member, please check out our Mission Statement and F.A.Q. We will update this article and subsequent forum post with a link to the Community Resource Council application platform once it's marked live. Thank you for being part of our amazing community and willing to represent your fellow players!

Update: We've received a significant number of applications and we want to give each application proper consideration. While we are actively going through and evaluating the more than 150 qualified applications we received, it is not certain when we will be able to finalize the vetting process. TLDR: This is happening, but it's taking longer than originally anticipated. We appreciate your patience.
  2. Accendo Guest

Now open for comments, feedback, and questions.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. HekkHekkHekk Augur

As someone with the freshest takes and who hangs with the hottest players, I'd like to know where I can throw my name into the hat. I am also skilled in group conversation and debate.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Accendo Guest

As noted above, the application platform will open on Friday, January 28, 2022.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Gheed likes this.
  6. Paladin Augur

Good to hear!
  7. Aziuno Augur

This should not be an application position, but instead devs should be speaking with influential community members who have already proven valuable to the game and it's feedback.
    Coagagin, Maedhros, Shindius and 6 others like this.
  8. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Agreed. Thank you.
  9. Risiko Augur

If I get Ice T to do a video for me, do I get in as the TLP liaison?
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  10. HeatherPurrs Augur

Best of luck!
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This immediately makes me think of all the raid guilds who are invited to beta. While those players are contributing enormous input to the game the council should also comprise some of us lower level type players who also contribute to quest walk thrus, or wikki's , are helpful on the forums etc.

I hope it will be well rounded for everyone since all types play this game
    Shindius, Grove, Barraind and 5 others like this.
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I would suggest dropping the restriction on active membership. There's already an exception for long standing contributors.

However, you want to hear from people that are still engaged in EQ, but aren't actively subscribed. They're the demographic that can lead to some growth/minimize losses. Trying to figure out which adjustments can be made to reintegrate those people without overly committing your resources.
  13. Yukaan the Bear Journeyman

Comment: Try to find a blend of players who understand and want to preserve the history of the game as well as players who understand the need for Everquest to be an economically viable product.
    Shindius, Dyna and Jyve like this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Glad to hear the CRC is relaunching, thanks for organizing player feedback.
    Dyna likes this.
  15. Wegerith Stonewall New Member

Need Dre in that video.
  16. HeatherPurrs Augur

Is it true people who don't play EQ and haven't played EQ in years are on the council right now?
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thank you for this criteria. The council should be fair and balanced and not based on who has the loudest voice, strongest opinion, or best relationship. I sincerely hope points are taken on merit and recommendations are reached by consensus. And that 'checks and balances' ensure that decisions tend toward more conservative change.

(I am not applying because I have a history of strong opinions but I support others who have the inclination).
    Elyssanda, Ozon and Pelrond like this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Shouldn't let that hold you back, despite not seeing eye to eye with you a lot there is no denying your passion, that matters.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  19. Herf Augur

Sounds elitist :)
    xcitng, Shindius, Pelrond and 2 others like this.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thank you for your support Skuz.

I think I may be a distraction. There's a lot of hardworking folks (fan site operators, data crunchers) that deserve a spot way more than me. They do not need a pundit like me. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.