The Burning Lands is Now Free for Everyone!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]
    Cap for Dragon’s Hoard increased!

Good news, Norrathians! The Burning Lands is joining the free-to-play collection and is now available to all players. The peace between the jann is over, and war has broken out. It'll be up to you to see who will be victorious—if you can even survive!

Aalishai, Esianti, Mearatas, the Trials of Smoke, and other zones are awaiting your talents and might. Can you help stem the tides of war between the djinn and efreeti?

You can revisit information about The Burning Lands expansion here, here, here, here, and here.

Dragon's Hoard Increase

On the theme of making things freer, today we also have an increase to how many items can be stored in the Dragon's Hoard.

For those of you who don't recall, the Dragon's Hoard is the extra bank feature that came with the Claws of Veeshan expansion (which you will need to own in order to take advantage of this change). To find your Dragon's Hoard, open the bank and click on the Dragon's Hoard button. This will act as a separate bank for each of your characters and allow you to store additional items.

The caps have increased as follows:
    • Free players: from 25 to 40 items
    • Members: from 100 to 125 items
    • Purchasable: from 100 to 125 items (for a maximum possible 250 items)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Cazmac, Benito, Tutankamen and 2 others like this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thank you for the goodies.

I do think this news is worthy of a mass email to former players.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. jackrich71 New Member

So a while ago we were told about keeping us up to date with AA,S on newer characters up to 2 expansions back ? Are you all still doing that?
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't recall that ever being said, have you got a link please?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have never seen any staff say that, and Autogrant is still set at 4 expansions behind.
    I have only seen some players suggest reducing that to 2 expansions behind to help players catching up.
  6. Karebear New Member

Auto grant used to be 2 expansions behind...but that was about 5-7 years back (I think it was stopped when Daybreak took over) iirc. But yes it used to be a thing wayyyy back...
  7. Szilent Augur

You'll have to substantiate that. I sure don't remember Autogrant ever being that recent.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

That was never said by any Dev or staff. There is absolutely no reason for Autogrant to be any fewer than 4 expansions back.
    Autogrant was never, at any point in time, less than 4 expansions behind the current expansion. You are confusing Autogrant of AAs with expansions that are Free.