Test Update 05/25/2021 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 25, 2021.

1. EQ Dev Developer

Test is being updated today with our current Live build. There are no new patch notes at this time. Everything should match Live.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Kraxon New Member

Saw the Test server got unlocked within the last half hour or so, but getting error 1017 on all accounts when trying to connect after patching. Re-running the launcher/rebooting PC doesn't do anything. Anyone else?

Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. Your client likely needs updating. When you click OK the client will close and LaunchPad will start.
    Thundersnake and Piooma like this.
  3. Pamv88 New Member

Yes i am having the same issue and tried the same stuff as you and still not working
  4. Piooma New Member

I have the same error as above. Live is working/connecting as expected this appears to be only the Test server
  5. Strat791 New Member

It's because the launcher didn't actually download any new files. My files show the same date as the last patch and there was no files listed in the launcher's Updated File List after the first use after the patch like usual.
  6. Captain Video Augur

Getting the same thing, I even tried re-validating all files, made no difference. It appears they forgot to push the patch files. :)
    Miseryii likes this.
  7. Stormblight New Member

Same issue here.
  8. Miseryii New Member

Same issue here.
  9. Rizzin Elder

I ran my Live version folder to update all the files then copied the whole thing to a new test folder. I ran TestEverQuest.exe and found it marked for Live.

So the updated Test client is likely certed for Live servers and not Test.

--- Edit ---
    I'm dumb and didn't switch the context to Test. After said switch it reupdated some files and fails like normal. I guess files aren't being updated correctly at this time.
  10. Strat791 New Member

It's working now. Downloads and you can get in game.
    Pamv88 likes this.
  11. niente Developer

Very sorry for the login issues - you should be able to patch & log in now.
    Stormblight likes this.