Community Resource Council Applications [Now Closed]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by dreamweaver, Mar 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamweaver Community Manager

Hi Everyone! We're going to be opening up additional spots on the Community Resource Council and make some changes looking towards the future of how the group functions.

If you're interested in applying for one of those spots please continue to read below!

Application period will run from today until April 23, 2021 at which time we'll start the selection process with an eye on announcing the new members by May 11. Do not fill out the application and share it here, doing so will result in the post being deleted and the application being ignored. Either DM me your answers to these questions or email them to us at everquest@darkpawgames.com.

Questions below -

1. Please describe your EverQuest play history.

2. Please list in order of experience and confidence which classes you play and years of experience in that class.

3 .What Server do you regularly play on?

4. What guild are you in? Please also describe your guild in one sentence below.

5. For the below activities please list how many hours you put into each on average in a given month. (Choose all that apply)

Raid -
    Solo -
    Molo -
    Box -
    Group -
    Tradeskill -

6. How much of your total play time is on TLPs vs Live?

7. What is the most interesting bug you’ve come across while playing and how did you deal with the situation?

8. What is your favorite change to EverQuest and what is your least favorite change to EverQuest and why?

9. Please describe why you want to be a member of the Community Resource Council.

10. Please describe why you would be a good addition to the Community Resource Council.
    Kuvani, KrakenReality and Warpeace like this.
  2. dreamweaver Community Manager

3. dreamweaver Community Manager

4. dreamweaver Community Manager

5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What is the "Community Resource Council" - is that you?
    Leerah likes this.
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

It used to be called the CRT (Community Resource Team) but it's basically a group of players that the devs utilize for specific questions or testing from time to time. The expansion is going to change how it works to an extent with more specific projects or things like that over time. They'll also be more public facing but don't have anything like GM or Moderation abilities if that's what you're asking.
    Fuelforfire and Leerah like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Had no idea what it was. Much like the beta testers, I would think.

Thank you.
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

To an extent yes, but this exists year-round, that being one of the primary differences.
    SerMom90 and Nennius like this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

I don't feel qualified, but for those who do, what sort of time commitment is wished for?
    Fenthen and CatsPaws like this.
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

There is not a significant time commitment at the moment, at most the required time monthly would be for a planned monthly meeting, that would be about an hour or so. We're going to be iterating changes to the program instead of making them all at once so that might change in the future but it will be down the line and current members of the council will get ample notice.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So based on the questions would I be right in assuming this is mostly game play mechanics related?
    Jyve likes this.
  12. Jennre Band Leader

Sent
    Jyve likes this.
  13. dreamweaver Community Manager

Primarily yes. Lots of things fall under game mechanics though.
  14. Leerah Augur

Marketing too? I can represent the old lady demographic.
  15. dreamweaver Community Manager

Marketing feedback? No that's probably not going to be part of it. I suppose it could happen from time to time though. But it's not planned as part of anything.
  16. Cadira Augur

What kind of testing do the devs have these people do and what kind of questions are asked of the crt? What exactly would be expected of members of this team?
  17. dreamweaver Community Manager

It depends, it's been as broad as general knowledge questions that a dev knows the CRC can answer to testing or asking for feedback on a specific mechanic. At the moment really all that is "required" is what I have laid out. Being available for the planned monthly meetings, that is likely going to change as the group moves forward but those involved will get ample notice.
    Jyve likes this.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No one has asked the most important question, why would anyone want to be part of the CRC?

Going by what all members of the the previous CRT and earlier iterations of the group have said, with the exception of the original Class Representatives version, the members of the group are not allowed to give general input on the state of the game, their class, or anything important to them. Their sole purpose is to tell the Devs about what they want to hear, not pass along issues, bring up problems, or bring up suggestions about the direction different classes are going and how the playerbase would like them to go. Meanwhile everyone outside the group pretty much only sees the member as being there just for that, and when things are changed and big nerfs go through, the members are blamed for them happening.
    Leerah likes this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It sounds like we need to get a lot more details on what this group will do and what they will be asked to do.

Including whether the group can submit issues to be considered.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Nennius like this.
  20. Leerah Augur

Well, there's always the people going, "Make it harder! Make it harder!"
    I've heard too much from them already. I can't even box anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.