Test Update 07/10/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 10, 2020.

1. EQ Dev Developer

July 10, 2020

*** Items ***

- Adjusted the buffs offered by the following marketplace potions to prevent them from being overwritten by player buffs: Bottle of the Avian, the Cetacean, the Ursine, Replenishment, and Spirits.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Tower of Frozen Shadow (Raid - Torment of Velious) - Once all the raids in the zone have been successfully completed, the mirrors will behave as they do in the group version of the zone.
    - Cactikii (Raid) - The atrocious cacti will now only spawn one add at a time instead of four.
    - Disable the Recycler (Fortress Mechanotus Task) - Added safety logic to despawn the event if it has not been completed for 15 minutes, which should prevent it from getting into a bad state for days.

*** NPCs ***

- The cages in Combine Dredge are less feisty, and no longer fight back.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Iksar shaman Plane of Hate class armors are no longer available until Ruins of Kunark has unlocked.
    - Magus Burlshin will be able to help players on Selo, and possible future fast servers, gain a shard for use in the Shard Experiences task.

- The EverQuest Team
    Skuz, Barton and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  2. Jennre Band Leader

LOL, funny story ...

- The cages in Combine Dredge are less feisty, and no longer fight back.
  3. NinjutsuMMO Augur

4. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Is this all the content of the up coming patch ? If so that's not even worthy of bringing servers down. There are tons and tons of issues and player feedback on the forums. Can we please get some real fixes added to patch before bringing down servers for such minor changes?

**** FYI ****

Double spacing between topics doesn't actually increase the content of the post.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Prior to these patch notes the dev team have said that there will be a little less in the way of gameplay/content stuff being worked on addressed and a much bigger focus on getting the infrastructure, reliability & performance of the servers back in the kind of shape they can be proud of so the fact these patch notes contain a bit less than expected is pretty much in line with that advance notice.

Once the team has nailed down more of the back-end problems the game has been having we will be able to expect more movement on the game stuff I think.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...7-07-2020-patch-notes-and-discussions.268879/

There was a larger update to test on 7th, these on 10th are in addition to those.
    Sancus, Skuz and Zinth like this.
  7. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

That's why I asked the question. It seemed kind of light. And yes, I to want to see infrastructure upgrades. If their focus is that, include those in the patch notes. I know its not required that they update us. But it also goes a long way showing us what our $ are paying for.
  8. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

My bad for not seeing the 7th patch notes.
  9. haaaalp Augur

no. also, there's two posts with patch notes. reading is hard.