Aradune & Rizlona Launch Date! - May 27

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Eetra Journeyman

Jesus christ I have gone from disappointed to ROCK HARD in seconds.
  2. ForwardScout New Member

I understand my opinion has little weight here because I'm new. Well... returning. I played daily on The Nameless server from August 99 until around the launch of EQ2. I went on to play WoW and FF XIV for the better part of the next 2 decades and work in the game industry, frequently designing tutorials.

I recently played the free version of EQ and it's REALLY hard to jump back into, even with a background in it. I still love it. Feels like home, just... bigger. Vastly bigger. After someone moved all the furniture and added 2 basements and 17 towers.

Anyway, I'm really excited about Aradune and have switched to a paying account. One data point in a night sky of data points, yes, but I suspect there are others out there. Companies have access to a wealth of data these days and with that information there's no reason to launch servers that would immediately fall flat on their face financially.

Maybe the population does die down after a year, and maybe I feel differently about it then. But for the moment I'm really looking forward to starting anew... as I did 21 years ago.
    Skuz and Dexxeaa00 like this.
  3. planiar New Member

Thank you for changing this around.
    Trinost, Vlahkmaak and ForwardScout like this.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

Because it's part of the original announcement I am not going to be removing it but I did strikethrough.
    Trinost, Skuz, Dexxeaa00 and 6 others like this.
  5. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Thank you and all the devs so much for the consideration and the change!
  6. Xanathol Augur

Can you please enable berserkers and beastlords at launch?

FYI GM support should be a feature of all servers.
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  7. Nyxx New Member

Thank you.

~Nyxx
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  8. Tachyon Augur

There you go! Now you have GoD in late 2021.
  9. Stench New Member

Please allow for server transfers to Agnarr when LDoN releases for those of us that desire a PoP lock server.

It would allow us to achieve our PoP lock desire on a fresh TLP and help to revive Agnarr. It’s a win win.
    Skuz and Herf like this.
  10. Numiko Augur

Unintended Game Play? I am thinking you meant to say Unattended there....
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

Nope, cheating/abusing exploits that is unintended gameplay.
  12. Darro New Member

Credit where credit is due. Thank you very much for being responsive and removing the xpac lock.
    Trinost likes this.
  13. Aleve New Member

Why would you restrict the game play to 2 box?
    3 is the most played from my experience and it doesn't hurt anyone.

Also is there a typo, it seems as if the truebox is limited to 2 total chars at once (should be 3) but the regular box doesn't have a listed min requirement? Can this please be changed to 3 total chars and clarified the exact amount on each and how it will be monitored.

I have 3 solid pcs set up to play 3 accounts at once. I know many others do as well. please change this.
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

There is no typo. 2 is the intent, 2 characters, 2 accounts. but thank you for the feedback.
    Trinost, Whoops and Dexxeaa00 like this.
  15. Aleve New Member

for which server, or both?
    and why limit it to just 2?
  16. A player New Member

Zone into Sirens Grotto and do a /pick check. They'll be 8 picks of 16 people per pick and 24 in another. He's there in the bottom part of the zone and completely automated.
  17. Kalamir Journeyman

So now it's gone from Agnarr v2.0 to Mangler v2.0 with a 'feature' of having a GM presence (for a whopping two expansions)? Will this be for regular GM events? or just policing?

I guess I'm confused why you guys at Darkpaw thought adding two more Mangler servers is the best you can do. Unless you're a boxer that is excited to have an open boxing server finally. Otherwise, what do these have to offer over Mangler? The trilogy for the 10th time?
  18. Herf Augur

His point is that you apparently do not fully comprehend the term "box" in this context. When you write "boxing any more than 2 characters".... many of us take that as "ok, one main and up to two boxes."

On guild raids there are mains and alts, and alts are also referred to as "boxes". If a raid is full then people will be told "leave some of your boxes out of the DZ to make room for mains."

I've never heard anyone use the interpretation as you are. Just an fyi.
  19. Aleve New Member

I have talked to many ppl about this. orginally I thought 1 main, 2 'boxes' which meant 3 total accounts. so I didn't mind. but they are under the impression that it means a total of 2 accounts. this is why I am here to get clarity on this.

but when I play. I don't raid and all my chars are equal, so I don't have a 'main' this is the issue with the slang on terms.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good change Darkpaw, thanks for listening to the community.
    Trinost, Vlahkmaak and ForwardScout like this.