Update Regarding T3 Raid Unlock

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamweaver Community Manager

Due to an issue with how the unlock system handles daylight savings time, raid unlocks were shifted by an internal system after the initial announcement of time frames. Unfortunately there is no way to push the raids to open sooner.

The dev team has verified that the raids will open tomorrow at 9 AM PDT however, we will be having an emergency patch in order to take care of some pressing issues so raids will be up on server unlock.

The current estimated time for the patch is 8 AM to 12 PM PDT.

We understand that many of you have taken time off to raid and would like to apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this delay has caused.
    Arraden likes this.
  2. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Server Going to be up on time?
  3. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Oh good, midday

/sarcasm
    Xeladom, Tekklis, Pano and 1 other person like this.
  4. Piemastaj Augur

Absolutely unacceptable.

It should be pushed back to make up for you guys screwing up. At the very least 1 week if not longer. You guys specifically designated this time, do right by your customers and adjust the raid launch to accommodate people to get a time setup.

Glad you guys get paid for this incompetence, which you had multiple months to adjust for.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

And btw, overseer nerfs aren't a "pressing issue".
  6. kimbotta Lorekeeper

The nerf to the broken overseer system warrants a downtime so people stop selling all the currency?
    Gyurika Godofwar, Skuz and Nennius like this.
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

As noted the timeframe is an estimate. But I'll be updating server unlock times tomorrow because I know the race matters to you all.
  8. Jondalar Augur

That would explain 1 hour. Not hours. So you are using this to cram the overseer massive nerf as fast as possible? So now people need to not be on at a specific time but instead they need to constantly monitor for hours whether the servers are unlocked?
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Overseer patch ?
  10. Piemastaj Augur

As we were updated today with 1 post after about 5 hours? Such a joke...
    Xeladom and Kimbella like this.
  11. Mintalie Augur

What a joke.
  12. King Coffeecup New Member

13. Sancus Augur

I hope this method for raid unlocks, along with the days and times, are reconsidered for next expansion.
  14. Coas Lorekeeper

You guys dropped the ball hard. If I were this late at my job without giving anyone an update on where I was at, I'd be fired
  15. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

nothings ever on time, should know this by now raids suppose to be unlocked today /shrug prime example
  16. German Augur

Shut the overseer quests down, you did it to change something already and let it go live tomorrow on time, patch next week or whatever, cause no matter what the outcome - someone is going to blame the moon phase on their not being there and their guild not being in place xyz
  17. FawnTemplar Augur

Except there is no race now because a ton of raiders won't be able to take off another day of work. If you guys want to make it so that the race is not a thing anymore just come out and admit it to us at least.
    Skuz, Xeladom, Allayna and 3 others like this.
  18. Redsumm Journeyman

(emphasis added).

Ok, maybe Daylight Saving Time impacts the unlock by an hour. How does that have anything to do with unlocks somehow being delayed an entire day? You understand that community trust is a problem, right? This explanation has more holes than Swiss cheese.
    Skuz and Barraind like this.
  19. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Why not do the patch 2 hours earlier so guilds have time to prepare before the raid.Jumping in on server unlock is going to be a nightmare. or just emergency patch right now? everyone is tired from sitting here all day. most are going afk/offline anyways
    Allayna likes this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

If it benefits the players, it is an emergency.
  21. Shmid Journeyman

Thank you for the delayed update.

Straight out admitting that you know your actions have had real life consequences for your customers, shows that this requires serious actions on your teams behalf.

As your team is well aware, this is not going to go over well with ... well anyone who plays this game. Poorly handled, poorly thought out, truly pathetic to be honest. There are countless coders who play this game that will attest that if they did this in their jobs, they would be looking for a new job that day as they would be fired. Who is going to be held accountable for today's "problems"? How did this get past your teams built in fail safes, or does your team not have them?
    Allayna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.