Community Letter: A Note from Jennifer Chan

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamweaver Community Manager

Actually, I've answered that in multiple places.

It didn't move very far at all from it's previous location. It's still in Europe.
    AB_H'Sishi and Yinla like this.
  2. FrostHaven New Member

It is an honor to have you, Jennifer. =)
  3. smash Augur

4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Welcome!! I am very glad things are still moving forward and I look forward to being a subscriber for many more years.
  5. rmain197210 New Member

Congrats on the new position. I wish you luck and look forward to future updates/content.
  6. Soulsiphon Elder

Congratz Jen! Now what is going on with the servers, why are they not up yet?
  7. Dre. Altoholic

Congrats on the promotion!

So, now that you're teh boss, what are you going to do that you've always wanted to do?
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

Servers should be coming up soon, there will be an update on status in a moment.
  9. Lilura Augur

You know it's real annoying when a person quotes Jen's ENTIRE post, picture and all, only to add one line of comment and it has happened more than once. Spare us, already, you nimrods. Just post your best wishes.
    Angahran, Nennius and RPoo like this.
  10. Genalo New Member

Thank you for the update!
  11. Darzag Elder

I love the ideas of new servers and chances to start over. This is a good place for new or returning players. I like TLP the idea of TLP servers. BUT...As soon as a new server opens up, some one from an established server jumps in with 30 or 40 Kronos and buys up all the available gear and reprices it at exorbitant prices. It destroys the economy of the new server before it starts.
    I think that Kronos that have been traded or sold in game should remain on that server. They could still be used to purchase play time without upsetting the economy of a new server. I just left Mangler. Case in point...One day an item was available for 4 Kp...3 of them. The next day there were 3 of that item for sale but for 14 Kp.
    I now am back playing on an old, established server where I have much gear and plat.
    Sadly, I miss the early days of Mangler before the bazaar and the Kronos kings destroyed the fun.
    Hoping that everyone has a great time in what has been, for many years, the best mmorpg ever.
    Looking forward to another great anniversary blast.
    See you in game
    OH...And welcome JChan...to your new position. Hope you have a great reign.
  12. Bummak Journeyman

Returning players will always have the option of joining guilds. there are plenty of guilds out there actively recruiting returning players, and most are very helpful in getting you into a group and helping you level.
  13. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Can we finally get a necromancer spell revamp? ;)
    Jein-ko likes this.
  14. Sam_Casey New Member

On to the important stuff: What is your main's name? What server? What guilde? What do you consider your best in-game accomplishment?
  15. Lorewood Lorekeeper

Congrats !

I totally agree with that sentiment.

I am a little upset that once again EQ is giving stuff away that many of us have payed and payed for, yes vet rewards at say $15 a month for 10ish years $1800 for those modest rewards now every one gets them for free? Kind of a kick in the rear for us loyal people that continue to pay ( and have for years) even if we are not actively playing.

This overseer system sounds like the same deal ( haven't tried it yet ) Don't do anything and get rewards for what I'm guessing is pain in the rear flagging trade skill and other tasks we have spent literally 1000's of hours doing.

How about something useful for game play like say boot afk players from POK after 3-4 hours get rid of that lag hell and get them to move back to GH like it used to be.

I hate grinding as much as the next guy but the trend here seems to be turning EQ into another WOW where you log on push a couple buttons and you win. I think after 21 years we can do better then trying to turn EQ into another generic console game. I actually like the challenge, that is why I'm here and not on one of the many many other MMORPG's out there.
  16. Lorewood Lorekeeper

ps: if you are merging live servers please please ..don't lose a ton of my toons like the last couple did !!!
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Were you paying for veterans rewards or where those just a bonus from the subscription fee that let you play the game as you wanted to?

As for the overseer rewards I don't think they will come in sufficient numbers to eliminate the need to farm those items and those that do take the time can still take advantage of the new system.
    Jein-ko and Yinla like this.
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

JChan 4life <3
  19. Dwarfpally New Member

Best of Luck.
    Love to see an LDoN revamp to Maximum levels.
  20. Serratox New Member

Is there any way to appeal to you for the progression servers to have a less raid-ey type feel to them? Something that speaks to the advancements of the MMORPG Genre over the last 10 years?

I love the social aspect of EverQuest but as an old 99' Player I have always hated raiding and the social clique and logistical issues that went along with what the entire endgame of EQ was styled after.

Not all of us are social or lucky enough to find ourselves in upper end raiding guilds that hand out DKP like candy to its inner-circle. For that? Character Advancement is almost non-existent save for AAs and EXPs. Its sad. This game is 20 years old and there is still content I will STILL never get to experience because of <Elitism> raid mechanics. Despite being a microcosm of society, I have never felt honored or at home in the raid environment. Any Suggestions?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.