Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious Beta [Discussion]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 16, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Community Manager

Happy days, Norrathians!

It’s that time of year again! We’ve got a lot coming up, so let’s get right to it.
    EverQuest: Torment of Velious

[IMG]

The team has been heads-down on the latest expansion for quite some time now and we’re
    heading into Beta next week! That means pre-orders will begin next Wednesday, Oct. 23, between 10 AM and 12 PM (Noon) PDT. If you pre-order, you will get access to Beta.
    As the expansion name suggests, we’re heading back into Velious though events there have significantly altered the landscape. After 20 years, the devs have brought you a new ice shader – for obvious reasons. What a difference it makes! More on the story and events of Velious as we continue.

Torment of Velious brings you a level increase from 110 to 115 with new spells and AAs, gear, and content with 6 new zones, and quests, raids and more. The team will share more info as we go through Beta and get through the final stages of finishing up this expansion which will launch in December. We’ll firm up the final launch date as we get closer.
    We have added a new expansion bundle option you’ll see next week that is geared toward Family and Friends. In addition to getting all the items included with the Standard, Collector’s, and Premium editions, it also includes:
    • TRADABLE Standard Torment of Velious Expansion
    • TRADABLE versions of the Collector’s and Premium Edition mounts
    • TRADABLE heroic character boost
    • Gnomish Legendary Bundle which will grant you:
      • Clockwork rhino mount
      • Gnomework illusion
      • And your choice of all three of the following:
        • A full suit of gnomish appearance gear
        • A gnomish heritage teleporter
        • A gnomish heritage familiar
      • 40-slot bag
      • 2 shared 50% experience potions.

The bundle is set at a high price point but is a good deal as a package overall. We made it because we’ve been asked for this type of package for years and wanted to try it out for those players who have multiple accounts, play with families, guildmates who support friends, and others. It’s an experiment and we’re interested to see where you go with it as players.

[IMG]

Miragul Server: A New Type of Progression!

Looking to join a new community on a new type of server?

On November 5, in support of EverQuest II’s 15th anniversary, we are going to be launching a new type of progression server, named Miragul, that will start at the House of Thule expansion that launched in 2010. What does that mean?

You start as a Level 85 Heroic Character with live server experience rates, and all the trappings of a server that starts with a level cap of 90 with in-game housing, loads of raids, over 800 AAs, and more.
    The server requires a membership to play and that’s it!

What Else?

Keep an eye out for other news in November. We’ve got EQ2’s 15th Anniversary as well as other announcements around that time that will further define our commitment to EverQuest and EverQuest II! We’re also toying with selling limited edition EQ and EQ2 anniversary shirts on the internets. More on that soon!

See you in Velious, friends!

Sincerely, as always,

Holly “Windstalker” Longdale
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Considering the premium edition costs $135 after the 10% reduction for gold members, I'm scared to see what the package costs.

Not sure it will be a good seller. I think you'd be better off just dropping the expansion cost by 50% like 3 months in. Everyone that has to buy it buys at full price, and you encourage everyone else to buy it earlier than they usually do, or at all.
  3. LostSoul Lorekeeper

is this supposed to read Your choice of one of the following 3?: And your choice of all three of the following:
    • A full suit of gnomish appearance gear
    • A gnomish heritage teleporter
    • A gnomish heritage familiar
  4. Tour Augur

For guilds that had testing with the devs scheduled for the 22nd will those be rescheduled as the pre-order is the 23rd?
    Xeladom and Endaar like this.
  5. Sancus Augur

This is why you get keys.
    Elyssanda, Allayna, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  6. FatheadGuildLuclin New Member

I am hoping it means choice of which deco aug set, which teleporter and which familiar. Honestly, I'll buy it either way probably.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Angahran Augur

Am I reading this right ?
    If you buy a 'package' you basically get two copies of the expansion ?
    One for you and one you can give to someone else ?
    klanderso and Cazmac like this.
  8. Newbie32 Deadbolt - Yelinak

How many heroic toons are we able to create on the server? Is it limited to one?
  9. Morthakia Augur

I got very excited for a moment but it sadly faded. I have 12+ gold accounts. I'd happily permanently link them if I could do a bulk purchase of the expansion. The "family package" just seems to be a higher price point in order to trade some of the collector edition perks. Not sure how many people fall into this category.

On a similar note, would be great if you released an FAQ for the new server as you've done in the past. Those were very informative. Thank you!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

The FAQ for the new server will be coming soon, stay tuned!
  11. Spellfire Augur

Dreamweaver, can we get more details on what's included in Standard, Collector's and Premium editions so people have some time to plan their purchases next week?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Cazmac like this.
  12. Axxius Augur

You are starting a new progression server 1 month before the live expansion launch, in the middle of Beta? :eek: Well, I guess this will complete the separation of the TLP and Live communities. No more playing on both sides. Everybody will be forced to decide on their preference.
    Yinla and Sancus like this.
  13. Rayvorn Elder

Can we get a clarification on the server being Truebox or not (Please say No Truebox). Soon as I find this out will decide on many of mine and my friend's plans. Thanks! (sadly I am impatient to wait for a FAQ because well we been waiting a month!)

P.S. Pretty excited about everything post. Might even buy a shirt! Thanks for the hardwork from the Devs, hopefully you guys can stiff arm the Daybreak higher ups for a very long time.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Cazmac like this.
  14. Larzzral New Member

So the only family edition is premium? Meaning, those of us who can only afford standard have to buy two at full price anyways.

Ah well. I won't need the expansion anyways. Don't have a character to 110 yet even.
    Cazmac likes this.
  15. bjosh New Member

Love everything!
    one small request.
    Fix the bazaar max limit on plat please!
    Dyna likes this.
  16. zarcal Elder

Tradeable expansion will benefit some with friends and family, but will benefit Kronos sales and (and in some sense) people who cannot afford the expansion) I just hope it doesn't start on live all the issues on the progression servers related to 'farming'
  17. Brohg Augur

I don't expect the Heroic+ server with levels and dozens of abilities, standardized no trade equips, augments, Mercenary & Partisan questing, scripted complex raids to appeal to Classic TLPers

Call it... Fresh Start Live Server
    Delphwind, Bigstomp, Xeladom and 3 others like this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think you nailed it, this new TLP is not aimed at the same audience the prior TLP's have been, who knows it may fall flat on it's face or it may prove to be a viable format that brings some former EQ players back to the game or even a few new ones altogether.

One thing I do know is unless they have experience of the game at 85 or more the players will need some time to adapt, but at least Daybreak is willing to take some risks & try new things.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Tradeable expansions (and tradeable expansion mounts and heroic characters) will be a new form of currency. Since the tradeable expansion is "standard edition", we can expect it worth 4-6+ kronos. If you think about it, the heritage crate illusions and mounts are their own mini-currency or economy so this is the logical conclusion. Is this one last hoorah to milk the player base or a way to keep the game afloat? The devs probably don't know the answer to that question themselves.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I appreciate the options this year's expansion purchase.

However, I feel that the "Gnomish Legendary Bundle" should be a separated. If linked to the family/friend tradeable editions, it will unnecessarily increase the price tag for those who want to buy the expansion in bulk (or to gift). Conversely, people only interested in the Gnomish heritage items will find paying the bundle-only premium a bit too much.

I expected the family/friends bundle price point north of $250. Perhaps, a separated "Gnomish Legendary Bundle" will get more overall purchases for $79-$100. Additionally, you may be able to lower the family/friend expansion bundle by $50.
    Cloudia, Gyurika Godofwar and Cazmac like this.