Test Update 07/09/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 8, 2019.

1. EQ Dev Developer

July 09, 2019

*** Items ***

- Wooden Wand of Whispers is now usable by healers and casters.
    - Updated the spell description for Erollisi's Boundless Heart Hare, Erollisi's Trueheart Hare, and Erollisi's Proudheart Hare.
    - Changed the way procs on items work to reduce the number of spells used.

*** Quests And Events ***

- Return artifacts to the Wraithguard quests - The skeletal spirits that can spawn upon the deaths of zombies in Frostcrypt are now unique and will despawn after 30 minutes.
    - Mechamatic Whirlrender (Raid and Group) - Made the following changes:
    - - Removed the tether from the boss to prevent situations where the boss could regenerate to full health when switching phases.
    - - Added a message when an NPC tethers.
    - Unfettered Emerald Excellence - Made the following changes:
    - - Fixed the bug that caused raid achievements to always be rewarded.
    - - Doubled the time in-between the zonewide auras' pulses and doubled the impact of their effects.
    - - Waves of mephits will no longer spawn at the same moment that it's necessary to flee to the correctly colored wing to avoid being struck by Elemental Incompatibility.
    - - Added a chat message when a wave of mephits spawns.

*** Spells ***

- Fixed the bug that would result in a caster's spells not being focused after taking a resurrection.
    - Accepting a resurrection will now break charm.
    - Call of the Hero will now break charm.
    - Beneficial spells with a dispel component cast by players will no longer land on pets or mercenaries unless the target belongs to you or a member of your group.

*** NPCs ***

- Fang, a rare in Dranik's Scar, will now drop loot.

*** Collections ***

- Made the following changes to ground spawn collectibles in Trials of Smoke, Stratos, Aalishai, Empyr, Esianti, and Mearatas:
    - - Reduced the respawn rate.
    - - Increased the number of spawns that can be up simultaneously.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Gorenaire and Severilous will no longer depop themselves in the instances provided by the Agent of Change.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected an issue where some NPCs spawned via item turn in were not loot locked as expected.
    - Fixed an issue where a loot locked NPC would not make its items available to the group or raid of the player credited with spawning that NPC.
    - Guild tags in chat will now properly write to your client's log file.
    - Faction messages in chat will now be properly cleaned when writing to your client's log file.
    - Fixed a bug that could cause your helmet to display incorrectly after removing an illusion.
    - Turned the sky on for Everfrost, Eastern Wastes, Cobalt Scar, and Great Divide.

*** UI ***

- When linking a list of items from the loot window into chat, messages that do not fit on a single line will now be output to the channel specified by the pending message.
    - - Ex: If your default chat channel is 'say' and you have queued up the text '/ooc The following items have dropped: ...', the item links will be output to the out of character channel rather than the say channel if they do not all fit in one line.
    - Corrected an issue where not having a hitpoints, mana, or endurance gauge in the Player Window caused a crash.
    - Fixed an issue causing mana percentage for pure melee classes in custom UIs to show incorrectly.
    - Added a Loot Messages chat filter.
    - Damage and healing will now properly report to the caster even if they are out of range.
    - Added a message if you try to invite someone to a task or dynamic zone, but you aren't a member of one, or you aren't the leader.
    - When creating a new chat tab or window, the font size of the currently selected tab/window will apply to the new one.
    - When 'Use Tell Windows' is enabled, receiving a tell that creates a new chat tab will no longer interrupt your response when typing a reply in that tell window.
    - Disabled the UI option to toggle Hardware Vertex Shaders / Software Vertex Shaders.
    - - This will still be supported through the eqclient INI, with the VertexShaders option under the 'Defaults' section.

- Changed -
    EQUI_AdvancedDisplayOptionsWnd.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- Fixed a bug that would result in a caster's spells not being focused after taking a resurrection in the same zone.

- The EverQuest Team
    Axxius likes this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

- Changed the way procs on items work to reduce the number of spells used.

Can this be elaborated on. please? No one knows what this means.
    Skewert likes this.
  3. Mr. Froo Developer

Asked about this. "Essentially, instead of seeing 'doomspell xxxixixiiv' for every spell proc, you will just see 'doomspell' and the stats will change depending on the item's level."
  4. Ermok Lorekeeper

I agree that addressing the resurrection box + charm loophole in the attempt to alleviate players snagging quest mobs is the right move.

Charm + Call of the Hero is however a mechanic that has many legitimate uses such as bringing quest mobs to convenient turn in locations, acquiring specific favorite pets deep within zones, and coordinating difficult pulls in a group without having to lose a pet.

Please reconsider this change.
  5. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Nice. More anti-griefing changes for TLP's. Thank you.
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

As best I could test in a guild hall, rangers are getting bow shot damage and wizards are getting spell damage over 200 range now.

Thank you.
    Skewert and Mintalie like this.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I think you may have broken something...

...my Blackened August Warhammer now shows Effect: Unknown Spell (Combat) Focus Effect: Unknown Spell.

Same with Conflagrant Bodkin (unknown spell x 2).

Not just caster stuff, Iron Sentinel's Spike (melee 1hp) has unknown spell as proc.

Tooth and Blade of Caleus are showing the Alleviating Burst procs though.

Proc augs added to an unknown spell item show in description.

When casting with the bodkin equipped with a proc aug, the proc aug damage will show through but I never get an unknown spell proc message (looks like the base procs do nothing).

Let me know if there is something specific you want me to test as follow-up.

**EDIT: See Sancus posted same thing in New Bugs (always forget there are two test threads)
  8. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Weapon procs are missing or showing Unknown Spell on most weapons right now. Mine has a proc listed and working as intended on my main hand but missing and unknown in tooltips on my off hand.

[IMG]
    Skewert likes this.
  9. Eniner Augur

Appears a lot of the Ros Raid wep procs are broke atm and a lot of others
  10. Ghubuk Augur

If you think about it, what you are stating as legitimate could very well be the opposite of legitimate. I can only assume that when developers design a zone, they put those mobs where they are for a reason. If they wanted them in a "convenient" location, they would have done so.
    Diptera and BlueberryWerewolf like this.
  11. Deillusional Augur

Overall good changes to the event. I don't know what inpact the double the time but double the impact of the aura pulses will have on the event. Are we just on about the close to the centre / away from the centre auras? or is it on the steaming stone scorch too? I think some ways of handling the mephits at 50 and 25 will have to change depending on the severity of the auras. i.e. you would have to heal the same amount of dmg in double time, but whether it spikes and kills someone remains to be seen.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Doubled the impact of the Zone-wide pulse, why? it's already a raid killer.. Sure 3 warriors might survive the first pulse.. but doubling it just ensures they die too.
  13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

When UEE changes phases, the Magnificent Presence aura triggers immediately. If you're fighting him in the exact center of the room and eat the first pulse at its worst, it has been hitting me for about 80K. Even doubled, that should not kill anybody unless they were already heavily damaged by something else.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

What does this entail exactly? I understand that normal dispels are a detrimental, but does this change include charmed pets?

Because if you cannot dispel a charmed pet then literally rename the TLP forum to Norrath Salt Mine. This will be big.
  15. Skewert Lorekeeper

As long as that charmed pet belongs to a member of your group, or it's your charmed pet, I think (based on the wording of the patch notes) it would work just fine.
  16. Axxius Augur

Will you notice the difference between getting hit for 30k twice or for 60k once within the space of 4 sec?
  17. its_a_secret Journeyman

On Test server, my 65 mage summoned and tested the level 63 Child of Ro fire pet.
    Casting it focused with Symbol of Ancient Summoning (minion of eternity) the pet was level 63.
    It melee damage for 66 max non critical and casted Fire Elemental Bolt III Rk. III for 308 damage regularly during combat.

I dismissed this pet and recasted the Child of Ro fire pet without using a summoning focus.
    The pet was now level 60, and melee damage non critcal max was 58. It regularly casted Fire Elemental Bolt III for 765 damage.

Summary: It appears that the Focused versions of Child of Ro are not scaling the pets spell casts. They are much LESS than the unfocused versions.
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Oh, that one.. I thought it meant the zone wide pulse that happens if a sentinel made it to the center.
  19. Truetotheblue Augur

DBG, while I appreciate what the spirit of this change is trying to do and support you on this you're trading 1 can of worms for another. This takes away dispelling mobs during DPS races, or trying to grief groups with charm pets and trades it for people charming named mobs and running off with them or just "holding" them until the group that has it charmed is ready to kill it. In the earlier instance the group has a solution to bring more DPS that isn't reliant on a charm pet, but the latter instance players really have 0 recourse to combat toxic behavior abusing that mechanic.
  20. qweasy Augur

Normal dispells are not beneficial so it wont affect any of that.