Coirnav Progression Server - Coming March 16, 2018!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxxlyy Augur

Over the years, we've been on countless adventures together and have made so many wonderful memories. It's been an incredible journey with you all, and we can't wait to make more magical moments happen in Norrath! There is no better way to make new experiences (and remember old ones) than by going back to the very beginning of EverQuest.

[IMG]
    We wanted to give players old and new another opportunity to journey through the lands of Norrath in the way that adventurers did so many years ago - with a brand new Progression Server! With EverQuest's 19th Anniversary just around the corner, it's the perfect time to reflect on how the game has grown over two decades, celebrate together, and start anew.

The True Box Progression Server Coirnav will launch on Friday, March 16, 2018 for EverQuest's 19th Anniversary!

Coirnav Server Features

True Box Progression Server
    On a True Box server, each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from their computer. We want to encourage players to play with their friends on this server, and not just form groups of only their alts. If people are truly wanting to multi-box, they’ll have to do it the old fashioned way - with a whole lot of computers!

Raid Instancing
    Big raid targets from each expansion will be instanced. While bosses like Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen will still spawn out in the world, groups of players will ALSO have these targets available to them via Raid Instances.
    The instanced raids’ targets have an account-wide 6.5 day lockout and will have the same difficulty as the non-instanced version of the raid target.

Content Unlocks Every 12 Weeks
    There will be no voting for content unlocks, and the server won’t wait until all of the raid content is defeated before the expansion unlock timers start. Instead, every 12 weeks, expansion content will unlock on the server.
    The first content unlock for Ruins of Kunark will happen two days ahead of schedule on Wednesday, June 6, 2018. After this initial unlock, expansions will continue to automatically unlock every 12 weeks.
    Once Coirnav reaches the Gates of Discord, expansions that do not include a level cap increase will remain current for just 8 weeks before the next expansion unlocks. If an expansion does include a level cap increase, it will last for a full 12 weeks before another unlock.

Experience Rates
    Earning experience on the Coirnav server will be most similar to the rate of experience gain on Phinigel after it was increased in February 2016. This is slower than the rate of experience gain on Ragefire, Lockjaw, and Agnarr Progression Servers, and faster than original EverQuest at launch.
    Rogues, Warriors, and Halflings receive a small experience bonus on Coirnav. There are no other experience bonuses or penalties for race or class.

All Access Membership Required
    Like other Progression and special ruleset servers, you must have an All Access Membership to play on Coirnav. In addition to letting you join the server, All Access Memberships include other great benefits, like 10% off most Marketplace purchases, and a claimable 500 DBC grant each month! For more details and to sign up for membership, you can visit the Membership page here.

We look forward to joining you for a world of new adventures on Coirnav starting Friday, March 16, 2018!
    Maddhatter likes this.
  2. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It was entirely predictable. Many of us tried to warn explain to everybody that Agnarr was a temporary server that would be replaced right around now :)

The only disappointment I see is that it appears to be exactly like Agnarr except slower exp? Wow, let's watch the reruns in slow motion, that seems like fun!
  3. Zaviere Augur

I already expressed this opinion in another thread, but this is basically totally dumb and pointless. The only reason they really continue to create and promote these TLP servers is for the massive amount of Krono sales they make from it all. That's literally the only reason. No one actual paying customer asked for another new generic TLP server. Ugh...
    Quixa, Mashef and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Tachyon Augur

Love it! I'll be there day one!!
  5. Eratii New Member

Doesnt say where this locks at?

Or will it continue to live like Phinny?
  6. Brohg Augur

You recognize how completely contradictory these statements are? They literally cannot both be true in the same universe.
  7. AlmarsGuides Augur

Why don't you just have Quarm repeat Classic - PoP era indefinitely if that many people are interested in it? It could be a Diablo league esque experience where you have "seasons" repeating that era.

Why make an entire NEW progression server to do the exact thing others already do?

True Box servers are made with the concept in mind to group with friends but yet you're fragmenting the population so badly it's going to force people to box (which is exactly what happen the first time around and made boxing so popular).

I'm hedging my bet that you'll lose more money in Gold subscriptions than you will gain in Krono sales (over the course of the next 12 months) because you're fragmenting the population so badly while also taking away their ability to box efficiently.
    Quixa, Adonhiram, Zadune and 4 others like this.
  8. Tachyon Augur

I've asked for a new TLP each year for a while now and I'm a paying customer! I don't buy or sell Krono, but I do enjoy the grouping opportunities a new server brings.
    Maryiene likes this.
  9. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Not releasing some kind of twist to this server is a poor decision. I'd rather see this error very get pushed back then basically be a pointless server.
  10. Zaviere Augur

In my defense, I've been sick as all hell the past 5 days. I was trying (and obviously failed) to convey two different ideas at the same time. It totally sounded good in my head initially!
  11. Roxxlyy Augur

Coirnav will unlock all EQ expansions until it eventually reaches Live.
  12. Tachyon Augur

I've had an awesome grouping experience on each and every progression server released. Yes, I've played regularly on all of them. But after a while that disappears. Not because of new servers but because once you have the gear and the levels you simply don't have to group anymore.

Classic EQ has 1-60. That's a lot of grouping!
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think they can both be true, from a logic perspective. I don't know how anybody (except DBG) could verify the second statement, but I don't see why both statements couldn't be true. Just because the consumers will eat something up, doesn't mean they asked for it.

The irony is that I will be there, too. I think the server itself is another cash grab, but there is no denying that the first day (and even the first month) of any new server is the very most bestest time to play EQ! If they were smart, they would start more temporary servers more often - like 6 times a year (and they don't all have to start at level 1 in Classic). No real props to DBG for this offering, but I guess it's better than nothing. :)
  14. Remind Journeyman

Could have at least waited until Agnarr was into planes before starting this one.
  15. Silinius Augur

I’ve probably said this in multiple posts by now so please forgive the cross posting but releasing a server exactly like Phinny is pointless. There is no new twist here. Why no FV Loot Rules? Why do something that was done before? I know that revenue is the primary factor here in releasing a new server so quickly but if you really want revenue, do something that creates longevity - like adding the ability for people to pass down loot, buy Krono to find their alt addictions with the ability to buy everything.

There is a reason FV is the most populated live server.
  16. Funk Augur

Should have guild wars enabled. While the rest of the server experiences PVE.

You'd have normal guilds, then those normal guilds may make alt guilds just for guild wars.
    As well as guilds of mains who do nothing but guild wars.
    Could do evil race guilds and good race guilds....it would be left up to the players.

All while not affecting PVE players, it would be entertainment for them to see open world combat while they are doing their thing. And maybe it would entice them to get in on the action.

Just a thought... will await the anti-pvp coalition's response.'=)
  17. Ginix Augur

WTB PVP or something fun. This is the same type server you've done 3 times in a row now. Spice it up... Geez
    nophilter likes this.
  18. fransisco Augur

there are no guild wars. It was stated years ago that anything to do with them was deleted from the codebase.
  19. AlmarsGuides Augur

There will always be plenty of grouping at first, the hardest time to keep the "group game" alive though is once all the high end raiders hit max level and finish their main alts.

On servers like Phinigel right now I would assume it's a bit more difficult to find a group than it used to be... This new server is only going to make it worse.

Agnarr you might currently not have a problem finding a group, after this new server you might now have a problem finding a group during off hours.

Really no matter how we cut this cake adding another server to the mix that's exactly the same is going to shrink the population on the other two. It's going to create problems where there previously weren't any or exacerbate current ones.... I don't even play on the True Box TLPs so this new server doesn't even really effect me that much -- I can just see how badly this new server is going to snowball the population on the current two True Box servers. Once some people quit, as more people can't find groups they'll quit also quit which will in turn then cause more to quit and more and more and out of all those people quitting probably only half will go to a new server. The rest will just go to a different game because they know they'll just have to quit again cause Daybreak isn't giving them a server they can actually enjoy.

Daybreak, if you want people to "race" Classic - GoD just make Quarm a seasonal server like Diablo does.
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Since the server is just a clone of existing servers and will almost certainly be replaced by next year's TLP server, why not increase the exp and shorten the expansion release window to 4 weeks? Even then, the server would only make it to Prophecy of Ro before next year's TLP kills it :)

You have 19 years worth of expansions, would it kill you to let us actually see them and play at a quick pace, instead of always trying to make us play like grandparents on tranquilizers?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.