Update On Newbie NPCs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mepps, May 24, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As we continued investigating yesterday, we identified two unintended issues with certain very low level NPCs.

We will hotfix today before Agnarr launches to restore NPCs near the entrance to Neriak in Nektulos that were integral after the zone revamp. We will also reduce the respawn timer on wandering newbie NPCs in Everfrost who had a significantly longer respawn than newbie NPCs in other zones. No downtime will be required.

We will also continue to monitor the newbie zones today after launch.
  2. Kinlin Lorekeeper

Thanks for the update Mepps and all your hard work
    Mepps likes this.
  3. Grelf Journeyman

Atta Mepps!
  4. Traspe Journeyman

Thank you Mepps! We all appreciate what you all are doing and we know your hands are full,
    Please ignore the people who try to bash you guys, your job isn't easy and we know you have limited resources

So again, thank you for correcting this issue and thank you for continuing to bring us the game we love, we are lucky to have you guys here and you do a great job so don't forget it even in the tough times!
    snailish likes this.
  5. Snorl Lorekeeper

If its that easy to adjust the respawn on newbie mobs in everfrost could you guys find some time in the next 12 weeks to reduce the respawn on Marl?
  6. bobjones1208 Augur

7. Ellis Elder

8. Kalamir Journeyman

Thank you for seeing that this change was the right thing to do here. I get Prathun's point of "more like classic", but we didn't have the rush of folks in the same zones as we do on the TLP server(s) so it made absolutely no sense to tweak it right before Agnarr.
  9. mmoDust New Member

Can confirm Nek forest on Phin right now is better =)

Everfrost still looks like a desert where no one wants to go so here is to hoping they have not patched it yet. I think they might have, I did see a few more mobs, but there are almost no(maybe 2?) spawns directly outside halas itself in that area.
  10. Syllestrae Elder

Mepps, thank you :)
  11. taliefer Augur

will beta reward tokens drop in the newbie yards?
  12. Jwits New Member

Oh look it was addressed and fixed. I'm having a pretty entertaining and facepalming time reading through the locked thread right now filled with drama queens complaining level 1 and level 2 might have been a little bit more difficult.
  13. Anarth Lorekeeper

thx for fixing this
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

15. Wolrok Elder

Mepps, please look into Toxxulia as well. That zone didn't look right either.

And thank you for addressing this.
  16. karioki Journeyman

Thank You!
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's just Tox :D
  18. Shaidin Journeyman

that zone has always been harsh. might run down to paineel (did I spell that right?) or head over to Qeynos
  19. Wolrok Elder

Oh it's never been good, but it was pretty empty of anything before the bridge.

It reminded strongly of Nektulos. The low level monsters close to Erudin were just simply missing.
  20. Quixa New Member

Awesome thank you!