Live Update Bugs 04/19/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 19, 2017.

1. EQ Dev Developer

Please post about any new bugs found in the update. This thread is not for discussions about anything other than bugs and how we can reproduce (and therefore fix) them.
  2. Trumpton New Member

All channels are gone - you can't even create one.

Friends lists are now empty.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Still getting 30+ second channel lag on AB
  4. Yamakasi Apprentice

cant lauch patcher getting K32GetProcessImageFileNameA cant find it in a dynamics links KERNELL32.DLL
    this using window XP
  5. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Same issue, the error keeps popping up over and over. Seems to be common for both XP and Vista users.
  6. Malbro Augur

For pet classes, if you have a pet pocketed, you need to cast the spell to summon them to get them to show up.

Suspended minion doesn't work initially.
  7. Tator-Salad New Member

... Let me know if you get this problem resolved. I am currently having the same issue using XP. I have uninstalled everything, have done everything you can do and havent figured how to fix it yet.
  8. nantalbus Elder

i just posted in the other thread but seems the min system req for eq now list needing win 7 or highter that might be the issue
  9. Filnydar Journeyman

There are no more channels on Phinigel, it isn't the case on the other servers.
  10. Nightmares Augur

This is correct. it's posted on several places ( though not in the Patch notes.. Hrm.....)
    Now, this is the point I would start flaming... but this is wrong thread for that. instead I am going to ask that they please fix this so we can play. TONS of people i know are limited due to this.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Both XP and Vista are End of Life, so you probably aren't going to get very far unless someone figures out how to fix it (likely NOT Daybreak...). Simply, you need to upgrade if you're running an unsupported OS - you're risking a lot more than a game not working.
    IblisTheMage, Sancus and kizant like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My guild anchor on AB is no longer working!
  13. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Windows 7 comercial support ended last year, Windows 8 is trash, so the only real solution would be to upgrade to Windows 10, and that would mean getting a new PC.

I guess DBG doesn't mind it if i sell a couple hundred kronos on some shady site to pay up for the pc upgrade?
  14. Zaph Augur

Yeh, youve messed up about half my guilds, guild anchors, how is this even possible !
  15. Greymantle Augur

Yup found this...
    Minimum:
    - Operating System: Windows 7
    - Processor: Intel Pentium® 4 / AMD Athlon 64
    - RAM: 2 GB
    - Graphics Card: NVIDIA Ti 4800 / ATI 9800
    - DirectX®: 9.0c
    - Hard Drive: 10 GB of free disk space

Recommended:
    - Operating System: Windows 7
    - Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD Phenom II x2
    - RAM: 4 GB
    - Graphics card: NVIDIA 6800 / ATI x1800
    - DirectX®: 9.0c
    - Hard Drive: 10 GB of free disk space

Note: Not all Direct3D cards are supported. DirectX 9.0c is required.
  16. Ryak Augur

I am still seeing a problem with the Tinkering Mastery quest in Ak Anon. I was able to get the mission and complete the mission and receive the reward, but clicking the first book did nothing but consume it. It did not award the Tinkering Mastery AA and it did not allow clicking the second book for the next rank either.

(This is on Phinigel for reference)
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Windows 7 will be getting security updates until 2020. You're fine.
  18. Xanathol Augur

This is a bug introduced by a dev changing their build enviroment. The details can be found at https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2009/08/27/windows-sdk-v7-0v7-0a-incompatibility-workaround/. They'll need to apply the workaround for the build to work on older systems. Hopefully they'll get a new patch out soon for those that are still running an older OS.
    PathToEternity, Yinla and Nightmares like this.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Same here, every char I have cannot use their guild hall anchor. The secondary anchor works fine. I went to guild hall and verified my anchor was there as the message is "Your transport to anchor spell failed because no placed anchor of the required type was found". I picked it up, put it in inventory, zoned out, went back in and placed it in guild hall again in different area. Logged out. Logged back in later and still same error message.
  20. Warpeace Augur

Primary and secondary anchors broken this patch for me, were fine before.

Your transport to anchor spell failed because no placed anchor of the required type was found".