Test Update 04/12/17 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2017.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.

Patch notes and discussions thread
    Sheex likes this.
  2. Dzarn Developer

We've confirmed the bug where levitation effects are not currently functioning and will be working on a fix to ensure this bug does not make it to live servers.

Edit:
    We've confirmed a bug where skill attacks would sometimes not occur if the button was pressed too quickly.

The frame perfect nature of /autoskill helped surface this issue and we've come up with a fix to ensure that combat skill attack attempts won't be lost.

Edit 2
    We've confirmed and fixed the issue where multiple ranks of the same alliance spell could be stacked on a target. These spells will now have properly defined spell stacking groups to prevent this behavior.

Additionally, we've changed the Magician spell Firebound Alliance to allow bolt target type spells to work in addition to single target damage spells.

We've confirmed an issue where some aura spells are not functioning and are working on a fix to ensure the bug seen on test does not go live.
  3. Vindicate Elder

Will this be an update or a rollback, that might decide what I do for the rest of the evening :<
  4. Horyuken Augur

When you figure it out, I'm curious if lev bug was caused by fixes for boats......
  5. Behelit Augur

new Savage Spirit Penance doesn't seem to work right. It's giving a message saying it hits me for 51.2k, but directly under that line it says I took 12.8k damage. my total HP at time of testing is 204798.. so the 51.2k looks right but it doesnt actually hit for that much just the 12.8k. I don't mind the smaller hit but not sure it should be working that way?

[Wed Apr 12 23:17:47 2017] The spirit departs leaving you drained.
    [Wed Apr 12 23:17:47 2017] Behelit hit Behelit for 51200 points of non-melee damage.
    [Wed Apr 12 23:17:47 2017] You have taken 12800 points of damage.

[6097/6097] Savage Spirit Penance
    Classes: BER/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 25% up to 200000
  6. Sharnhorst Journeyman

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.

Patch notes and discussions thread
  7. Shmoozy New Member

Banestrike is also not functioning. :rolleyes:
  8. Aonodor New Member

Not sure if this has been addressed in a previous bug thread, but the alliance spell line seems bugged.

Scenario 1 - Caster 1 and Caster 2 have the same rank (say rk3) of the alliance spell.
    Caster 1 casts the alliance, and Caster 2 casts the alliance while Caster 1's alliance is still active. Caster 2's spell will not take hold.

Scenario 2 - Caster 1 has rk3 of the alliance spell, and Caster 2 has rk1.
    Caster 1 casts their alliance spell, and then Caster 2 casts theirs while Caster 1's alliance is still on the target. Caster 2's alliance will still land, and both the rk1 and rk3 alliance will be on the target.

Both scenarios have been tested numerous times, and those have been the results. The question is though is it a bug for different ranks of the same alliance spell to still be able to land on the target at the same time? It seems to be, but I figured i'd post it to get clarification.
    Dzarn likes this.
  9. kizant Augur

I'm not able to cast Frostweave Aura on my test druid. It acts like an aura is already running but there's no messages and it's definitely not listed in the aura window or pulsing.
  10. mackal Augur

They renamed all the pet files (auras use an NPC too)

I wonder if it can't find the old NPC file so shows no Aura but you still have it ... I guess wait 90 mins or w/e for it to go away :p
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Fabled are out but apparently on strike. The Fabled Tallon Zek had 0 loot, not even a root - today when I took him down. Was hoping to get the bow. But got the shaft instead. Now I read in alla that he has not dropped anything in the last 2 years?
  12. gotwar Gotcharms

Also experiencing this. None of the "Combat Innate" Druid auras will work on test at the moment: Wildspark, Frostweave, etc.

Message received when trying to cast is:

You haven't recovered yet...

Maybe a glitch in the new cooldown tweaks?

It's worth pointing out that the Enchanter ones can be cast as normal, so it looks like it's just an issue with these lines for Druid.
    Dzarn likes this.
  13. Chaosflux Augur

I have this problem on Live currently with my Bard.
  14. torach Journeyman

Ranger Synergy is not working. I kick and nothing happens :(
  15. smash Augur

Had bow and more when i killed tz in drunder
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

When? After this last patch or before?
  17. smash Augur

After.
  18. torach Journeyman

Levitate works fine now but Ranger Synergy still bjorked.
  19. Chichiaz Journeyman

Mercenary Drachnid Tank no longer working. Bunnas is fired. Yes have tried with aggressive/assist/auto assist on, nobody marked as puller. Logged out and back in, still doesn't work. Got another mercenary tank and it works fine.