Test Update 09/14/16 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 13, 2016.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.

Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. kizant Augur

I have all the new Luclin+ models turn off and I have two different mounts. The Radiant Amber Pridgewing Bridle from TBM is working for me now but my Glowing Black Drum does not. When I try that mount the buff appears for 1/2 a second and then disappears. There's no error message or warning about it and it doesn't even work if I use AoN skelly illusion like in the past.
    Dzarn likes this.
  3. gotwar Gotcharms

Quest reward window having some issues with banestrike -

[IMG]
    `
    Not sure if this is also bugged for other quest rewards, it doesn't look like it (at this time).
  4. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I put this on the last test bug thread - but it closed out almost immediately after and this one was born. So I'll re-post here:

Numerous Luclin raid mobs are double spawning on top of each other (many noticed in Ssra Temple).

During the Khati Sha the Twisted encounter, sacrifices are not spawning while fighting the Warder of Death.

The Warder of Life does not activate until 8 min 30 seconds into the fight with no spell jammer interruptions (10 minutes is the max allowable time to kill both Warders). Not sure if this is working as intended or not - but 1.5 mins is a very quick race to kill the Warder of Life.

The Defiled Minions are not activating at all during the Khati Sha encounter.
  5. Dzarn Developer

Thanks for the report, it looks like there's an issue specifically with the Drogmor mount where the model isn't being loaded. We've corrected it internally.
    kizant and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Rosefyre New Member

I am having an issue. When I logged off at approximately 10am pst this morning before test came down for the patch all of my items were accounted for. When I came back in at approximately 3:30pm pst both my weapon and my shield were missing. I have done an /outputfile inventory to double check that, the vendor recover tab, as well as real estate items even though I never put them in there. Nothing is showing up. Could someone please please look into this for me?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Bandages Elder

The wizard spell: Greater familiar will be overwritten by Presence of the Mighty IV, making familiars not usable on raids vs mitigation bosses.
  8. gotwar Gotcharms

Just to add to this - was present w/ this player prior to the patch on 9/15 (the real estate patch), can confirm weapon and shield were there. Came back after real estate patch and ran to go test housing - it was at this time she realized her weapons were missing. Had her do an /outputefile inventory and looked over the list myself - both items definitely missing. Also had her check real estate items and deleted items because I wanted to make sure they had in fact "poofed" and didn't just get mysteriously moved during the patch. Definitely gone.

Character name is Rosefyre on the Test server, and she was using Grannus' Steamcleaner in main hand (with the Vision cleric epic retelling ornament!) and Emollius' priest shield.

Just thought I'd add to this to confirm that this players items did in fact poof and it's not a case of them simply being misplaced or something similar.
  9. Sheerex New Member

For those of us who set up real estate after 6/29/2016 expect to have all houses, guild halls, and items returned, along with monies for escrow?
  10. Sheerex New Member

My real estate issues began over two months ago. This involved only missing yard items on my parcel. One of my other characters had their guild yard items and modest guild hall disappear 1 1/2 months ago although we could still access the guild hall using guild hall anchors and the neighborhood guild hall off the guild lobby. Since the rollback both the guild hall parcel and my house parcel are unowned. I would like to know if these items are going to return to the game or are they lost for good. If they are not coming back there should be some kind of compensation for all of the missing items and money spent for escrow. There was money purchased for Daybreak cash to obtain items. Even though Test server is "free" I am paying for six All Access accounts on Live server so there is a financial investment. If real estate problems continue I may look into some other game to play. Two months is a long time to wait for resolution, and then to lose everything due to the rollback is totally defeating.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We'll make some changes to Presence of the Mighty to stop blocking other spells.
  12. gotwar Gotcharms

To expand on this, quest reward window is borked for a variety of clients when it comes to displayed rewards. Anything that would have a description of the reward at the bottom will show similar to the way this one does, with the item icon shown here (the necklace) being replaced with whatever your last rewarded item was. Bug is consistent across all players on the Test server as described here.

Note: The actual reward is still given, just not shown in the reward window.
  13. Fnyanea Augur

Ive seen this happen on live severs. I have a couple of toons with this window and I can never get rid of that reward from the window.
  14. thedragon Elder

The Warder still seems messed up. The flame from the claw still seems to shoot out at a weird angle for a considerable length, similar to a sword. Would make sense to have the same proportions of the smoke claw, but in flame - no?
  15. Kenak New Member

Presence of the Mighty IV is still overwriting both Greater Familiar and the AA Improved Familiar, more specifically the buff Improved Familiar I and the buff Greater Familiar.
  16. Brohg Augur

I'm having difficulty patching Test. After selecting the Game Version & clicking Apply, I get

Code:
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Retry - Try again (11002) - http://eq.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/eq/eq.sha.zs/51/bf3/f7d3da182313ce116087d4220c53defafb4

17. JChan Developer

Please try now. It shouldn't be trying to reach: eq.patch.station.sony.com anymore.
  18. Brohg Augur

works thank you :)
  19. gotwar Gotcharms

All instanced zones on Test currently causing time outs. Includes housing/neighborhoods, dynamic zones, and missions.

Fairly certain this started early afternoon Pacific Standard Time. Early reports had people zoning into instanced zones "purple"/"bleeding to death". Characters had to force quit to get out and were the unabel to re-enter world. Now it's just a time out leading to disconnect.

Code:
    [Fri Sep 30 17:34:39 2016]00863:Waiting to connect to zone... Character Gotnuked

[Fri Sep 30 17:34:40 2016]00864:Zone Connect -- 0 -- Received MSG_ZONE_ADDRESS
    [Fri Sep 30 17:34:40 2016]00865:Zone addr [eqzone-31.everquest.com:2100] received...
    [Fri Sep 30 17:34:40 2016]00866:ZONING
    [Fri Sep 30 17:34:40 2016]00867:Networking: Connection Closed [0] with 0 pending bytes.
    [Fri Sep 30 17:34:40 2016]00868:Networking: using port [59296].
    [Fri Sep 30 17:34:40 2016]00869:Networking: Connection Established [1]
    [Fri Sep 30 17:34:40 2016]00870:Connected to eqzone-31.everquest.com:2100...

[Fri Sep 30 17:34:40 2016]00871:Zone Connect -- 2 -- Sending MSG_EQ_ADDPLAYER
    [Fri Sep 30 17:39:42 2016]00872:TIMED OUT WAITING FOR MY Player (in GetZoneInfoFromNetwork())!! top = 0

[Fri Sep 30 17:39:42 2016]00873:Networking: Connection Closed [0] with 0 pending bytes.
    [Fri Sep 30 17:39:42 2016]00874:nError is TRUE at c:\p4\EverQuest\test\EverQuest\EverQuest.cpp:20977

[Fri Sep 30 17:39:42 2016]00875:Exiting normally.
    ^would seem to be the relevant debug entry.
  20. JChan Developer

Looks like some files were hot fixed that shouldn't have been early this afternoon. We're bringing down the server and pushing out a fix.

Clients will need to patch their files after the server is bounced.