Phinigel - Post your Luclin instance issues here.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Absor, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Progress Augur

For the love of Rallos Zek increase the exp for AA grinding come Luclin. With the adjustment to the ZEM in the old HOT zones grinding out AA at our current exp rate is going to be horrible. I don't mind grinding but even 4 boxing on Vulak with the adjusted exp rate getting an AA was still a grind. The only great exp groups were in Acrylia Caverns with an AE group, but it usually meant some exp loss due to all the crazy train camp contesting at inner.
  2. Trevalon Augur

To Clarify: do the Praestoriums have MOTM or not? Your post would suggest that they do NOT have MOTM as you say you can get keys in Picks. Just looking for some clarification.

P.S. Thank you so much! This thread has been the most productive thread this forum has ever seen! Please grace us more often you two, we really do appreciate it.
  3. MabbuPhinny Augur

4. MabbuPhinny Augur

Will the four Praesertum's in the pick zones of Sanctus Seru properly banish to the jail inside the pick zone, banish to main pick jail, or not banish at all?
  5. Zanarnar Augur

http://www.gucomics.com/20010116

Somewhat appropriate? Thanks!!
  6. Silentchaos Augur

Does it port you into the arx now or still the zone-in? If it's the latter, there's still no way to get into the arx without exploiting geometry.

I don't like that at all.

EDIT: Reason - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2299

You need 1 set of Praesertums per Seru kill, so there will be plenty of incentive for guilds who already have a key to go kill them, thus blocking other guilds from access to Seru entirely.

I know I'm asking for a lot here, but yall are taking 6 extra weeks to release the expansion, so you need to find a way to either get the Praesertums in that DZ or create a separate DZ (a Seru - Arx DZ and a Seru - No Arx DZ).
  7. Silentchaos Augur

Thanks, good decision for sure.

What about these 2 mobs:

Rhozth Ssrakezh
    Rhozth Ssravizh

I can't remember which is which, but one of them is basically the indicator that Cursed cycle is available (doesn't spawn for ~6.5 days after cursed dies) and should have MotM, the other one probably shouldn't but no big deal if it does.
  8. Silentchaos Augur

Yeah picks do help, but the whole point of this server is you get to raid whenever you want, every other raid level key mob in the game has been instanced Praesertums should be too. Having them bugged and banishing to static Seru is better than not having them in any dz.
  9. Crackers Augur

I feel like you're missing an opportunity for an amazing prank on the players. Just saying....
    Prathun likes this.
  10. Silentchaos Augur

Yeah they are, really.
  11. MabbuPhinny Augur

I'd like to petition for Cloud to be banned from posting. His last 20 posts are all troll related. I thought were we cracking down on this type of thing!
  12. Brumans Augur

Speak only for yourself. This isn't new content in a new game. I'd wager most people really don't care about their ePeen in this game. They just want to put in some effort and be rewarded - not the training / ks'ing / quest-mob-hijacking that goes on with those two quest instances.
  13. DoopsieDaisy New Member

100% off topic, but if what Absor said about the EXP rates is true, then I'm 100% cancelling 3 accounts because I won't be grinding out 120 AA x3 at that rate.
  14. Crackers Augur

I love how people don't even know how fast or slow AA's will come and they're already quitting. Bye Felicia.
  15. Crackers Augur

Except they're not. Really Mabbu, you're not one to talk. His points are valid in the discussion. I firmly agree the Praesertums are not raid level mobs. We used to beat them with 2 - 3 people all the time. Anytime we did them with a raid force, they were dead in no time flat. Endurance fight for a group, maybe. They certainly have some abilities that raid mobs do as well, but if you manage them correctly they were always beatable with less than a full group.
  16. DoopsieDaisy New Member

Hi there. I noticed you're being snarky. That's okay. When someone says "if" then what they are saying is that an outcome is dependent on a condition being present. In this case, the condition being present is "it takes 5-12 hours to grind 1 AA." Are you aware that in a 4 month time frame, there are ~2900 total hours available (24 * 7 * 4.3)? If, like in past TLP instances, it does take 12 hours for an AA, then you have 12 hours of non-EQ time per day if you want to reach 120 AA before the end of the expansion. If it takes 5 hours, that is cut down to 19 hours a day of non-EQ time every day to reach 120 AA.

Rephrased, if exp rates are not adjusted, it will take ~5 hours of grinding every single day for classes that require more than 100 AA to be "well off."

I won't be sticking around for that. I don't expect you to care (and I don't honestly care if you do or not) but I know that I'm not the only one whose limit for this grand experiment will be reached if it's not changed.
  17. Vanrau Augur

AA's are much easier to get than levels. At least that is how it is on the live servers. Getting levels isn't all that hard to get on Phinigel either. Have a full group and chain kill dark blues and you will level quickly. I went from 0% at level 59 to 0% at level 60 with a experience pot on a bonus weekend within 3 hours doing the above at castle in velks. Without bonus weekend and experience pot, ya leveling from 59 to 60 will take probably double that time. I'm sure we'll see people pumping out several AA's a day.
  18. Trevalon Augur

Except the bonus AA experience that lets you get bonus EXP for doing AA's is deactivated on TLP servers...When Vulak/Fippy hit Luclin because the bonus exp was off it was taking around 10-12 hours per AA. This was QUICKLY nerfed and they increased experience across the board significantly. We just don't want them to repeat the same mistakes they did in the past.

I think turning the bonus AA experience on for Phinny is a good comprise, so you still level at a ungodly slow rate but you AA at a much accelerated rate (I think the bonus AA exp is what? 300%?) Meaning in a good group you could average an AA every 2 hours or so, while I think that's still a little slow, at least its more reasonable than once every 8 hours...

Personally, I think 1 AA per hour with a "good" group in a "Good" spot is reasonable. That's still 200+ hours of grinding AA's for most tank classes.
  19. Absor Developer

Ok, one things before I ask someone to lock this wayward thread.

A "money grab" isn't a thing. If anyone makes something and it cost money and people like it, the person making it will probably get cash. If they don't, then no cash is given. Nobody in this scenario grabs any money. It is given in trade for a thing, like any cash transaction.

/sheesh

A
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.