Really want to roll toon on phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zephiron, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Zephiron Elder

Looking to make an SK on Phinny. Won't be boxing, would love to catch up. Not looking to dump rl money am I to late? Wait for next server tlp launch? Weird hours to play, 6-9 am est atm but will rotate back to pm times when shutdown is over. Dunno, play on FV and would be willing to help out on that sever in trade for help on this one. Meh, hope I didn't miss this bus /sighs.
  2. Jewels New Member

I just started last week, between overall generosity of the server and just trying to play well I have made it to mid 20's with limited play time and have some decent gear. It's not too late.
  3. yerm Augur

You'll be fine. You've got a couple months until AA hit, and I expect there to be a bit of alt influx come luclin. I don't think you've missed the boat. You can also sell stuff on FV, buy krono, and spend it on Phinny; I doubt you'll really be able to "trade help" though.
  4. Tachyon Augur

It's pretty easy to get to the mid-40s with limited playtime in a few weeks. After that, 45-55 is a bit harder and 55-60 a bit moreso. That said, the level cap is going to be 60 until around February 2017, so plenty of time to join in!
  5. liveitup1216 Augur

You won't ever have a hard time playing catch-up til PoP most likely when the power/time gaps widen more. Kunark-Luclin is still level 60 cap, and Luclin AA's are not that deep to say the least.

Edit: And we're also quite a whiles away from PoP. Tons, tons, tons of time to do anything you want on this server.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Not at all. We'll be in Velious for about 16 more weeks and then in Luclin for 18 weeks after that (and with Luclin, you'll see a whole bunch beastlords and other Vah Shir.
  7. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

You'll see a whole bunch of Beastlords PL'd past you, and Vah'Shir Race Change Potions!
  8. Trevalon Augur

With that weird playtime you will have a little more difficulty in leveling, but it is definitely possible...but it will be more challenging and will probably take your longer.

Not many people on 6-9am EST...
  9. yerm Augur

He's a tank, it shouldn't be the end of the world.
  10. Nolrog Augur

And you'll see a lot of beastlords and Vah Shir playing through the content and enjoying themselves. Some people enjoy the ride.
    Finley likes this.
  11. Zephiron Elder

Thanks for all the replies. Sitting on a few million in plat on FV but won't part out my crew's gear. Should be able to buy a couple krono. Anyone willing to set me up right for that and not rip me off. Not sure how economy is and would hate to start with bad taste in mouth, as I am sure no one would. Getting ready to start shift will check for replies on break, everyone enjoy your night.
  12. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

I'd recommend getting a good understanding of what the Krono value is on Phinigel before you throw your life savings into buying them. I think I saw someone mention that 14k plat was about 2 Krono in another thread. If that's accurate understand you're only getting about 7k plat per Krono!
  13. Kiani Augur

The value of Krono on Phinny is somewhere between 7kpp and 8kpp, and seems to have actually gone down rather than up with Velious.
  14. Nuther Augur

The price of Krono is going down. It peaked at just about 8K before Velious launch and now it is sinking.
  15. Chuuk Augur

Kronos plat_value will probably stay flat for a while until raw plat farming gets easier. Unfortunately, krono buying power on Phinny will always remain pretty low, because so many people who main on that server have hordes of them in the bank.
  16. yerm Augur

Don't sell more than 1 krono for only 7k; hold out for a bit more. Don't expect over 7.5 though. Fungi try to get for a krono (or less). You can probably get an AP for 1-1.5k and SCHW for a few grand, or FBSS for less. Crusty gear should run in the hundreds each. Ornate rune blades are basically always for sale in the hundreds if you need something to hold you over while you shop. With 2 krono you should be able to get weapon, haste, fungi, and have a little left over. With 3 krono you should be able to completely gear out in stuff that'll take you into your 50s.
  17. Kiani Augur

Typical price for a fungi seems to be 10-12kpp.

You should be able to get decent SK weapons very cheap.
  18. Nuther Augur

MoSS is a give away item.
  19. yerm Augur

It appears at a glance that people trying to sell Fungis for 12k continue to try for hours without a buyer. I would try to get one for less and use this is a maximum figure.
  20. Nolrog Augur

Because people are spending a lot of plat either getting tradeskills up for the shawl or buying gems for the armor.