Level Locked Time Locked Progression Vaniki Server FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bathory’s Warlords New Member

For the love of TLPs please include Ldon into the pop timer. 12 weeks for pop and another 4 for ldon is far too much time in that period, it's horrendous and kills off the first wave of players on the TLP.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Both expansions are unlocked at launch, along with Gates of Discord
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With the max in raid being 72, will those above that number who help with open world kills get the reward?
  4. MischiefTLP Augur

"All challenges are to defeat the listed boss when you are at or below the listed level."

This is incredibly trivial, you will have a group of Level 70s selling 48 raid spots for characters Level 40 and below to get the Cazic-Thule achievement.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some of the raids they've picked seen a bit off if we are talking about gearing up.

House of Thule you have 8 weeks to beat all to get flagged for the final fight with Cazic Thule. You also have the same issue in SoF.

Rain of Fear you just have to beat Shards Landing no prior flagging and you have 12 weeks to do it.

I'm not sure Skyfire over Overthere (RoS) and Doomshade over Zelniakth (ToL) were the right choices. Skyfire and Doomshade are the hardest of the T1 raids in both expansions, I personally would have gone for Shei a T2 raid but no flagging.
  6. Riou EQResource

Based on their comment on extending the expansions to allow more guilds to beat it it sounds like once the expansion is over you can no longer get that reward, so this shouldn't be an issue, on top of that it was suggested if they did allow you to get it later on, anyone over level 40 would cancel out the reward for the rest in that example
  7. MischiefTLP Augur

It's extremely trivial for the Level 70s not to be part of the kill credit. It's also extremely trivial for the FAQ to reflect the actual reward requirement.
  8. Batman New Member

Is relaxed true box still on vaniki, didnt see it mentioned in the FAQ
    Kaenneth likes this.
  9. Rogean Lorekeeper

Please consider adding this for all TLP's. It is critically important for later expansions like Secrets of Faydwer and onward when it's designed to last a year, but you only have 3 months to gear your guild up for the next expansion.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

This IS already built into later expansions on TLP. I don't think SoF was one of them, it starts in UF I think?
  11. Mowerman69 New Member

none of this answers the only question I have. When?
  12. Edwinmac New Member

When is launch date please
  13. Rogean Lorekeeper

I had heard that they increased the raid currency rewards.. did they actually double all the loot though? That would be good to hear. I think this would still be beneficial for all expansions from the start too. The unlock times are good because people generally get bored of everything outside of raids after the first month anyways, but there's lots of raid items that people seek that they may never see.
  14. Rogean Lorekeeper

Is this what you are referring to?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...date-notes-april-15-2020.264908/#post-3892140

If so it doesn't start until Veil of Alaris (and doesn't apply to items drops, just currency), so there's still only 3 months to draw items from SoF, SoD, Underfoot, House of Thule (Which are essentially complete gear replacement expansions designed to last a full year). I think it would be very beneficial to double the loot tables on those (and why not just do it for everything.. they did it for Mischief, and are doing it for Vaniki).
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Ah I see, I misread your comment and thought it was related to flagging not gear. Only Underfoot has literally double drops on loot, the rest like you say have increased currency VoA+ and flagging UF+ but loot is still 1x.
  16. Canardvc Lorekeeper

Hello and thanks for the FAQ.

1. Lull spell lines are an important gameplay element for a lot of classes ; Have they been voluntarily excluded or just simply forgotten ? If they have been excluded can you provide a reason please ? If forgotten, can you include them too ?

2. Is there any plan to reduce the amount of players to pop a new tutorial instance ? Because this zone is going to get crowded. Fast. 3 groups would be fine ?

Thank you
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  17. Darkenr Elder

Will the double loot drops also work for currency say from LDoN points, DoN, and future expansions introducing group and raid currencies? A lot of the expansions are built around currency being a strong form or the primary way of getting gear.
  18. Bugsniffer New Member

Do we know if this server will have relaxed True Box when OoW launches?
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They said it would.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Loot was doubled for Underfoot only because Ngreth had the actual itemisation data easily available.
    He said around the time that he did not have time to do it for other expansions as they would require a lot of research time.

Off the back of the UF Loot doubling for TLPs the dev team added loot multipliers to ToV+ content, multipliers were added to raid currencies so that TLP start the raid currency awarding expansions with x2 raid currency multiplier vs Live servers (VoA onwards).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.