Thank You Devs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by drizerker, Jun 18, 2021.

1. drizerker Lorekeeper

Thank You for still not addressing berserker axes again. I understand making this post is not going to help but I am just at a loss how after all these years such a simple request cannot be addressed regardless to all the data we supply. How would you like this data? We have supplied an average of how many are used on raid nights. What more do you need to see? Just make them summon and stack to 1k is all the ask is. Other regents at this point that you might call needed by class such as pearls and emeralds stack to 1k and cost less than Masterwork Axe Components which are needed to make axes. Additionally how we we get our newest abilities to use the newest axes instead of the old ones. If axes stacked and summoned at a quantity of 1k its less of an issue other than just outdated. Please spend some energy for requests that have been around awhile.
    The real Sandaormo and Allworth like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would say allow all projectiles to stack to 1k, Arrows for Rangers, Knives for Rogues, Shurikens for Monks, Axes for Berserkers - Javelins for whoever uses those.

Then give us a crafted Rogue, Monk & Zerker useable satchel recipe for hasted throwing crap the three melee do piddly dps with throwing anyway it would barely be noticeable to throw things faster but make us fractionally less useless when Ranged DPS is all we can do, even 60% faster piddly dps will still be piddly dps.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

This has nothing to do with the devs. As a dev for the company I work for I know they only do what they are told to do,

Yea it sucks but if they are anything like the company I work for they are pissed off and get annoyed by not being allowed to do what would help the game.
  4. Windance Augur

Honestly I'd love for them to just give zerkers an "endless quiver"
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks for enlightening us all with your completely unrelated example of how devs operate in a completely different company, we are all now much wiser for that......not.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

So you think devs do whatever they want and don't do what they are told to do?
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I used to think that too, not any more and they've pretty much moved past that for Rangers anyway as their best arrows are used up as a consumable as they ignore Endless Quiver.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

From my understanding the EQ devs absolutely have decision making powers as a collaborative team up to a certain point, they work with their management collaboratively & creatively rather than purely subordinately as you allude.

Hope that doesn't make you hate your job more.
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

Guess you have never been a dev.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Correct, I have never been any kind of dev, but I can read, and listen.

What EQ devs of the past have written on the subject (while they didn't go into massive detail) & what they have said in various interviews has always shone a light on a highly collaborative - and argumentative at times environment and team effort around decision making, certainly some "edicts" came down from above that the devs were expected to impliment such as expansion deadlines, within their respective areas the devs do make decisions themselves frequently.

But hey all devs must work the same way you do right? You're the expert after all.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well that sounds sad, and I remain convinced working on EQ is not that kind of environment at all I have seen nothing in fact to suggest that being a dev on EQ is as lacking in agency and personal engagement as your job appears to be.

The former Head of Studio of DarkPaw in her interview for the EverQuest show certainly had a lot of respect for the team decision making capacity & business savvy of her devs and went to great lengths to praise them for it.

Maybe check that out:

12. Cloud the Third Augur

Sounds like you have no clue what being a dev means. Devs rarely get to decide what they do, I was lucky and first worked with a company that only had 12 employees which means I had alot of control over what the devs got to do. However over time and when we sold out to a company with 60+ employees everything changed.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Whatever, you are clearly wedded to you own personal perception of what a Dev does based upon your own experiences & refuse to be convinced by any evidence or opinion to the contrary so I shall not waste my time further trying to persuade you otherwise.

But you're wrong about the EQ devs even if you are correct about devs in general.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Barraind like this.
  14. Cloud the Third Augur

Well EQ devs may not really be definition of what a dev is. Heck I don't think most companies even call use devs anymore. Most call us engineers and not devs these days.
  15. Cicelee Augur

This thread is awesome. So on topic.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

:rolleyes:

How would you feel if your customers said that about you?

Something seems to have really annoyed you about the game so I checked your posting history and going from your other post about Vaniki I suspect it was that which infuriated you.
    The anger from that seems to have spilled over into everything you have been posting in the past few days, maybe you should take some time off the game before you go too far and are given some time off.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Stymie like this.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Arguing with Cloud is like running into a wall... backing up and running into it again a whole lot faster just for fun.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Skuz and Duder like this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So that's why my head hurt.
    Smokezz likes this.
  19. Cloud the Third Augur

I am cloud you just run through me but I was standing in front of a wall so you may want to slow down when running through clouds because they can be hard to see through sometimes.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

And like most clouds, you are all wet.
    Tatanka likes this.