If 70 % of the boxers are chanter/clr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, May 2, 2020.

1. Rcbauer Augur

and 25% are sk/monk and shaman...

1) are warriors gonna be plevel only?
    2) who gonna play MAIN bard?
    3) Wizards? haha
  2. Gremin Augur

You will find that the players who play the unpopular duo's are the ones who have friends playing so they can strategically make a 6 or 4 man team.
    Bailen and Skuz like this.
  3. Ruination Elder

We might have to play a multi player game with others?
    Kittany and Skuz like this.
  4. C3lowz Augur

Not every body is gonna box you know. I see more non boxers than I do boxers in every TLP I played
    Ronzark likes this.
  5. Sokanist Journeyman

don't worry Sir !

plenty of pleople loves to play Bard Warrior and Wizard.

We are many very different pleople.
  6. a_librarian Augur

simply use this poster to recruit these classes for your guild

[IMG]
    jeskola likes this.
  7. Zinth Augur

well obviously all those anti-boxers will play those right? they don't mind the struggle to level "un-wanted" classes?
    Ronzark likes this.
  8. Protagonist Tank

Guessing OP is going to be playing Riz, which looks likely to be 5 people each playing 72 boxes and congratulating each other on such a healthy server pop.
  9. Zinth Augur

atleast they would all be contributing 72x more than the box haters to keeping the game we all love alive, so I am fine with that
    Ronzark, code-zero and Metanis like this.
  10. Sokanist Journeyman

there is nothing wrong with boxing in it self, the problem is with using 3rd party programs to automate control of charecters thats what I "hate" not boxing in it self.

if you can multi task several charecters, no problem, good for you
    but using 3rd party programs i have a problem with, does that make me a "box hater" haha

I doubt that "those" 5 players would play their box armies on Rizlona,, I think they will go to Aradune and find a way around the rules.

Life finds a way ! erm wait no

Boxers finds a way.....
  11. mark Augur

there his a difference between boxers and botters, a boxer plays 2 or more characters while being at the keyboard and issuing comands,a botter could have 1 charecter or more automated to kill a mob,mobs 24/7,one could run 100s of these setups at the same time and buy krono with plat now these are the ones that need to be be banned.
    Ronzark likes this.
  12. Protagonist Tank

You're projecting. I don't hate it. It's just not the same thing as a living server.
    Ragnoruk likes this.
  13. Zinth Augur

correct you should accept it isn't a live server and that people still play where and how they want and as long as they follow the rules then it is fine and dandy
  14. Protagonist Tank

Again, you're projecting. And it's getting really cringy the way you keep trying to add some weird, roleplay moral war message to a gaming choice.

I didn't say nobody should play that way. I'm happy they have a server that fits their wants. It's going to be a boring server devoid of actual human interaction - but it's a video game. I don't care how people want to spend their time - if paying extra to play eq single player is your thing, go at it. I wish you and the other 4 dudes who will be playing there after a month all the best.
  15. Zinth Augur

lol if you really think it is only 4 people (or 5 for that matter) that boxes, then you are delusional
  16. Protagonist Tank

If the US funded their education, we wouldn't have so many people on the internet who thought hyperbole was a new ADD drug.
  17. Kahna Augur

Rizlona will have more than 5 people, but it will be the less populated server by far. My friends like boxing, they like boxing on one computer. They will happily take the 2 box, truebox limit in order to have a more populated server, and decided on Aradune. Most small time boxers will likely make that choice, which leaves Riz to the 4+ boxers, which don't need, and therefore rarely engage in social interaction.
  18. Duality Augur

Ugh.. Imagine how fun that's gonna be after pop barring it's not sold and restructured by then. I wouldn't mind playing with a 2 box limit, but in the early game as many have noted, there aren't that many good 2-box combo's. And generally that always changes through progression. Mages are ok in numbers in the early game, suck around PoP-DoDh, and then excel post SoF. Chanters are great group assets when charm pets are available, they also have to be on their toes full time and have the gear for breaks. What happens if they get nerfed like all the rogues are begging for? Are you going to want them in your groups past PoP over a bard? Sure chanters also make great pullers especially when the chromatic AA kb/blurs come in, but that's a bit of a gap in between and if there is no charmed pet are you ok with just debuffs, slow, dot, mosquito nuke? Bards already had their in run with the nerf bat that makes them basically require a full group to shine. When luclin comes around, people will have to count their traders as 1 of the box limit. That's likely going to make for higher prices leaving the market to those of us who play the bazaar games. Tradeskills will be extra costly to run through with less people farming mats I don't see a high percentage of euro/off hour people playing on there as groups will be more scarce.

While the pop-lock was dropped like it's hawt, looking at the long game and knowing where everyone quits I can't see this server making it too far unless they dropped the 2 box restrictions after a certain time. But we know for some reason they don't like to change rulesets on TLPs even after they become dead servers. Several other servers should have had changes already like Selo and truebox..
  19. Beep Elder

Just because DPG has mandated that Aradune is a 2 box server doesn't mean everyone will. For most people having to use two PC's to play a 20 year old game is a bit silly.
  20. auto21 Augur

I wouldn't worry because.....
    1. Most people don't or can't box even if they have a 2nd PC, the sub fee's and the desire
    2. Yes ENC/CLR is OP but still requires a specific play style and skill - most boxes don't have these requirements either.
    Ronzark likes this.