Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Daedly Augur

Although he mentioned 3 boxing, i didnt get the sentiment that he was against boxing. More so that playing 3 characters at suboptimal performance, which is what boxing often causes, with 3 mercs just isnt going to get it done. So you might have to drop the mercs for some friends.

I dont think the game should cater to boxing, its up to us boxers to figure out a way to get things done. On the flip side, i dont think that content should be designed with the purpose of stopping boxing either. Which i hope doesn't happen.

I admittedly havent gotten out of stratos yet to see much of the expac, but its been out less than a week. Might take some time for some of us to get used to harder mobs that we havent even had the chance to gear for yet. Seems like people think the world is coming to the end.
    Maedhros and Drogba like this.
  2. Maedhros High King

You couldn't be more off target. I box. I have no problem with boxers. I do however understand that some content is just not going to be possible to box. I know at some point some stubborn person is going to 6 box the Smoke trials just to have the bragging rights, but I couldn't care less about that kind of thing.
    Boxing should be something we do in situations when we cannot fill a group or if we are doing something boring that no one else would be interested in helping with. There should be no problem whatsoever in finding a group of real players for trials right now. Stop trying to force EQ to cater to the lowest common denominator.
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

This. boxes getting flagged comes later when the expansion's in farm mode and the ones that are taking off until next fall bail out. right now unless you have a reputation of being not-good you shouldn't have much of an issue finding a group.

it's week 1 of the expansion, lets keep that in mind and realize that a certain amount of head beating will be required in order to figure out the best way to navigate the more difficult content.
  4. FawnTemplar Augur

I think the Doomfire missions, specifically 2 and 3, will be hard on group geared people. The mobs are mostly con'd white and below but they have quite a bit of HP and they hit harder than you would think based on their con not to mention you'll need good CC because single pulls are hard to come by.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think the statement that everything is overtuned is wrong. Somethings are ok, somethings are not. Stratos trash seems to be ok, well the bits we had to kill for progression were anyway. Fight Fire mission seems ok, did that yesterday with an uncoventional group consisting of a mage, beastlord, 2 druids and 2 healer mercs.

Healer mercs seem to be extremely underpowered this expansion! 1 single healer merc cannot keep up a raid geared tank on quest named!

As a caster my issue is mainly spell resists they seem way out of control with some quest mobs resisting roughtly 1 in 4 spells. :rolleyes: Currently stuck on Palace of Embers for this every reason!

Quest named abilities seem to also be way out of whack, very resistant to slows, hit extremely hard, AE spell damage and spit out adds! When a partially raid geared tank with a real cleric and druid healing goes splat something is very, very wrong.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

You willingly went to Zek. :oops: That server was dead before you moved there and is still dead. Great choice, but don't blame Daybreak for that decision.
  7. Zamiam Augur

I really do not know why people play on Zek ..

dont get me wrong I know its the only PvP server , but its dead ..I'm sure there are plenty of PVP games out there that have a much higher server population where someone who enjoys pvping can get their fix..

If Zek had a high population I wouldnt think anything of others playing on it .. but again its soo dead why not play on a more populated server on live or TLP and grab your pvp fix in another game ..
  8. Addikeys Elder

For me, this expansion has been an abject disappointment. I enjoy playing two accounts and progressing as far as I can in an expansion, which is usually pretty fun and challenging. I used to raid, but don't have the time or desire. I don't care to group for the same reason. I purchased the expansion for 1 account, but won't be buying it for the second as the expansion has nearly nothing for me to do. It will be virtually impossible for me to progress, unlike all past expansions for the better part of the past decade. I just don't get locking all of the other zones behind extremely gear-intensive difficult progression. At least offer some great new aas and spells or a really good entry zone. It's like they don't want my money.

For all those grousing about raider vs. grouper tuning or those who revel in saying "you should play this or that way," I'm telling you that I am willing to pay to support this game, but not for this.
    Pirlo and Yimin like this.
  9. Yimin Augur

My complaint has been Merc Cleric dying to trash mobs dots and trying to heal itself and then letting group die !

YiMin
    OrchardField likes this.
  10. Sigourney Journeyman

Kids, its time to quit, I did 1.5 years ago. I was a newb in 2000 with Kunark exp and played for 17years straight with almost no big breaks. For half of my total play time, I bounced around the #1-5 top Zerker game-wide. It was hard to "give up" all the effort, trinkets, and raiding, status etc...but do it.
    Everquest & Daybroke are industry vampires bleeding you dry....there has been ZERO innovation and ZERO real content....everything has been re-used over and over. PUT IT DOWN...get a new CPU/GPU & choose from tons of games that wont take up your entire life, and give you alot more enjoyment.
    I'm sure this tiny little (non obscene) opinion wont last long here, as the mods don't like opinions that wont sell expansions, but if you're frustrated with this fossil..BURY IT, you'll be glad you did.
    Brutalis-trak likes this.
  11. lastlegs New Member

Sigourney gets it. Just walk away from this tragedy and help Daybreak go bust, its what they deserve. Best thing I did - ever!
    Brutalis-trak likes this.
  12. Maedhros High King

Then why are you on the forums?
    Annastasya, CatsPaws, Smokezz and 2 others like this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Funny, thats not what I quoted you complaining about at all. You were complaining about Zek and its low population and not being able to find groups.

Want a group? Leave Zek. Then you don't have to worry about a cleric merc.
  14. Brutalis-trak Journeyman

expansion is utter garbage, not waiting around until next year to see if they fix, was enjoyable run but yeah ill pass on this expac they got me good but i wont be suckered again, shoulda known they were hiding things, lil honesty like not boxer friendly , have or be at ya a game woulda saved me some money.and of course i never read anywhere about locked zones or id not spent the money i did ....
  15. Cadira Augur

Hah.

We'll see you next year, pal.
    Coronay likes this.
  16. Took2summmit Elder

Reality of TBL:
    My 140k fully buffed hp nec joined a group looking for a dps last night *gasp* (yes I prefer to box and bring my pal but be social!!). We did all 3 doom fire missions, they ddint require me to do any backflagging. My necro didnt die a single time from any AEs. Each mission took 15-30 minutes tops and each chest had a visible, non visible, spell lamp, and aug. My necro got crazy amounts of upgrades upgrading 2800hp/mana stuff into 5800. 15-30min for this fat chest for each of the 3 missions! I am very happy with TBL. the one concern I have is there doesnt really seem to be a good xp grind spot so far. Mobs are lower level than HS, hit harder, and give less xp per kill. There should be good xp grind camps, maybe there are and I just havent found them?
    code-zero likes this.
  17. YellowBelly Augur

Please stop posting. You're going from minor forum annoyance into a sh***poster the likes of which haven't been seen since Qsnoopyjr, Kela the Gypsy, Sam Deathwalker, and Battleblade (may he rest in peace)...
  18. Took2summmit Elder

I'm guessing you've done these 3 doom fire missions and have another experience? You guys are pretty sad for giving me so much hate simply because I am saying the content is quick and rewarding (it is). I am saying the devs have done a good job and getting hate.
  19. Yimin Augur

You can misquote me all you like ! My complaint is Merc cleric dying to trash mob dots !

I don't group on Zek , I was speaking about others that group ..

YiMin
  20. YellowBelly Augur

Nope. I refuse to step foot in TBL after finding out everything is locked behind progression. I'm just laughing at you.