Admiral Tylix strategy?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saelemdar, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Saelemdar Journeyman

Admiral Tylix is without a doubt the nastiest ROS named I have faced. Maybe there's worse but he is the worst so far. Can anyone recommend a strat for dealing with this SOB? His AE just wrecks my crew and there is no avoiding it.
  2. Dreadmore Augur

What is your group makeup? That's going to be important for the strategy.

For example, we had two wizards and an enchanter burning and the dude just dropped. Didn't even know he had an AE...
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Same AE as most named in HS...

Same strat as most, do more dps, heal more.

And yes group make up is important, if you have 4 zerkers a tank and a heal merc... you might be good...
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

I run pal/shm/brd, and I don't generally have problems. As stated above, group make-up makes a difference. I pull with my paladin right after clicking Sanctification, and quickly get Cacophony on him from my bard. Provided I kill him fairly fast, which I usually do, I don't take any damage from his spell most of the time.

Edit: for reference, all group gear, no raid gear, as I'm sure that will come up later :)
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I don't remember him being that bad, I just group heal on Cleric, direct heal on Shaman and he died fast. The bigger in HS is the one OTW to him (Can't remember the name... I'm not logged in), but it's an Enchanter that mezzes, has a nasty DS, nasty DoT.... so for my crew she really sucks. (all melee).
  6. Saelemdar Journeyman

Ya the chanter named. I can't get her either.

Group is:
    War
    Clr
    Enc
    Mag
    Wiz

6th can be ranger or SK
  7. Dreadmore Augur

Sounds like you have more than enough to take Tylix and Nureya down. Just burn them. A cleric can heal through those AEs easily. Not much of a strategy, but that's all it takes.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Your group can kill Nureya pretty easily for sure. My DPS is Rogue/Zerk/Zerk so that DS is nasty. I can kill her, but I prefer not to. Looks like you use a merc in your group, so my advice would be use a healer merc. Group heal on your Cleric and burn on the others. Let the merc do whatever heals it feels like doing, they probably won't be optimal because it's a moron. :) Group heals should keep you alive for the DoT and burn him down.
  9. Saelemdar Journeyman

No I have a real cleric. Merc clerics in ROS? No way.
  10. Dreadmore Augur

One healer mercenary has kept me alive through all ROS group content.

Can you love a mercenary? A shoddily scripted NPC? Something that does not breathe, eat, drink, yet still takes your money?... I don't know, but I can't explain the feelings I have for my mercenary. I would not be here without that beautiful pile of bloody bones.
  11. segap Augur

I've used a group geared tank with a single healer merc for all progression and hunter. Just need to click the right buttons on the tank when it matters.
  12. Kolani Augur

Nureya has a reverse DS, Darkened Cone of the Mystics or other no damage offhand and shield with ranger burning disc.

Also, real healers are better, but have done all VP group nameds with merc cleric(s).
  13. Nifty Slacker Augur

I have a 5 box crew. Pally-ranger-beastlord-necromancer-Monk. Add a healer merc and I do ok. The hardest thing I've had to do is kill the placeholders in Gorowyn. I swear to god they hit as hard as the namers do. Maybe I was just having a bad day, but I've had no problems with howling stones yet.
  14. Saelemdar Journeyman

Ok, I did it. Got Tylix and Nureya, the chanter named. In both cases I had to sacrifice my SK with HT but after that their spells didn't go off and I was able to burn them down. And i got the priest drop from Tylix, which I wanted for my druid.

Not going back there again.
    Yinla likes this.