If mage pets are nerfed why aren't necro pets?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bella222, May 31, 2017.

1. Bella222 Elder

I earlier posted about how my mage pets die so much faster on Agnarr. But I noticed a necro soloing and his pet seems stronger than it did years ago. When I played originally, I often teamed with a necro and my pet was always stronger to make up for my fewer spell options like life steal. Why aren't necro pets nerfed since necros still get a great life steal? Or are things that unbalanced these days on Agnarr?
    I keep hearing how enchanters and necros are the best classes...... why? because their pets weren't nerfed?
    Answers please. Who exactly was nerfed? Mages only?
  2. Sverder New Member

Necro pets tank like a wet paper bag. I'm not sure what you were looking at. All pets do more damage than they did in classic.
  3. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Ugh I hate the childish "well what about THEM" mentality? Calling for nerfs is NEVERa good thing to do. Nerfs only result is negative ripple effects that always go way further than intended. If a class is OP enough it will be handled I can assure you. Stay in your lane. If you're playing a mage, worry about producing better than other mages. The taste of an apple isn't validated by the taste of an orange.
    Adonhiram, snailish and Charred like this.
  4. dc.hawkeyegold Lorekeeper

Seems to me you saw someone who knew how to play and that you could stand to maybe change your approach. There are ways to optimize your pet's effectiveness. And mage pets still wipe the floor with the comparable necro pets.
  5. Claritydealer Journeyman

Pets are only nerfed when dealing with raid targets (Mitigation of the Mighty mobs). This was because during Ragefire and Lockjaw people made magebox armies and had like 500 mages raid mobs.
  6. jeskola pheerie

Paper is fine, rock is op
    skattabrainz and Punchu like this.
  7. Rauven Augur

The nerf to necro pet is selecting them and deleting them from the game. That's literally the next step.
  8. asdfqwerty Journeyman

ok? But youd like the fruits to be similar in deliciousness. You expect some level of sweetness even for the sour type apples like you expect sweetness in an orange...the flavor doesnt have to be the same but you expect something good to your taste (as long as you like apples/oranges)

Your analogy almost work but your stupidity got in the way = (
  9. Grelf Journeyman

Necro checking in.

The level 49 necro pet has 2400hp, hits for 55, kicks for 53, bashes in the mid 30s and lifetap procs for about 75hp.

The level 49 earth pet has 3khp, the water pet has 2500, the air pet has 2300 and the fire pet has somewhere around 2k. So the necro pet sits between air and water for tankiness. I do not know their defense skills

The 49 pet was the only decent pet I got as a necro. Everything else was made of paper. Maybe the necro pet takes less damage than earth because of procs but I doubt it.
  10. Fluid Augur

Just no way. What seems to have changed is the pet level seem to be static between pets for ~4 pet levels. That is ~your pet will be the same level from<made up example> 5-9 no matter what type and all will be no better then even con at 9. After that, you get a boost for pets 10-14 where they are stronger.

I keep saying this, but you really have to twink the heck out of your pet at all levels to make them viable. Preferably summoned toys from a higher level mage of course, but that doesn't stop me from seeing if there is something better the pet will take. I put my level 2 pets in full summoned plate if I can get it!!! Ditto for any jewelry. Just bought summoned daggers<level 1 spell> from a mage for 1 PP to equip my ENC so I could go wisp hunting at level 8. Terribly under utilized feature, I must of made 40 PP going from 8-9. I just read a thread where people were posting about the difficulty in getting magical weapons. Kind of silly, but it would be level 1 and free. Only downside is level 1 is piercing only.
  11. Bailen Augur

I think they are sometimes warranted. Bards finding a way to use their abilities to kite entire zones was something the devs didn't see coming for example. It wasn't good for the overall health of the game.
  12. Ishbu Augur

I've never felt a necro pet was superior to mine at the same level as a mage. There are definitely times the necro kit makes it seem that their pets are better but that's pretty normal for all class comparisons, at times others are better.

As far as I know all pets have some nerfing until luclin comes out. Still better than original as was.
  13. AgentofChange Augur

not sure if serious
    Felicite likes this.
  14. Boosi Lorekeeper

Necro pet weak as f. If I'm not tanking my pets dead.
  15. Amoeba Augur

Mage pets were only nerfed in raids due to their extremely high offensive capabilities.

Necro pets are weaker than mage pets. Hands down. No contest. Necro however, gets more tools such as fear, DoT, etc that may make it seem like the pet is having an easier time.

I have a mage alt I am gonna level up here, but was tempted for Necro due to DoT, Lifetap, etc. Never once did I think the pet was the good stuff... besides looks.
  16. Machentoo Augur

This is not correct. In addition to the raid nerf, there is a defensive nerf to both mage and nec pets in all content, group and raid. This nerf gradually decreases and disappears at either LDON or Gates, I forget which.
  17. Illusory Augur

Enchanter's get animations as permanent pets and we can't control them until PoP with a lot of AA invested to do so.... Leave Enchanter's out of this.
  18. Runes Augur

I play both Necro and Mage and what you are saying that the Necro pet tanks better than water or earth pet is just stupid and wrong. Necro pet will tank better than air or fire of equivelant levels as it should.
    Mages get 4 utility pets while Necros get two types really..get over it
  19. Dabrixmgp Augur

if I remember correctly Necro pets got nerfed like during Kunark when they changed pets to not use weapon speeds when attacking. This came about because giving the level 49 pet a pair of fine steel daggers made him an unstoppable killing machine because he quadded with a delay of only 19. I dont recall what speed pets attack at but Im pretty sure it wasnt 19. Other than that Necro pets have always been weaker than Mage pets.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Don't all necros level in unrest and guk? They'll probably charm their way through classic as it is, lol.