Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlorf Augur

Atabishi, my comment makes perfect sense, only because you do not agree with it do you post about it. Some of us here are not about non existent server firsts. Most of us are here to enjoy the content in which may be the best EQ Xpac released.
  2. Atabishi Augur

You're entitled to your opinion. Got it, you just want to have fun and don't want to compete. There's nothing wrong with that. That doesn't mean others don't find fun in the competition EQ can bring with racing. If you want people to respect the way you want to play the game, you should try respecting the way others want to play the game.
  3. Baldur Augur

Go play on Ragefire or Lockjaw if you want racing competition. That's not why the majority of us play on Phinny. That's exactly why instancing is so popular and Phinny has the highest population.

Why they are going away from that now boggles the mind.
    Warlorf likes this.
  4. Astley Augur

1 key. Enough to get everyone in their raid through to seru and progress, and someone else counters that there was training that early.

We were in there earlier than the post I was discussing. Just went back to check PhinnyKills, and MiM killed Seru 9/28, we had him on 10/3, one of the first 5 or 6 guilds to clear him.

We were dealing with trains when getting our first key also, so it was in those first couple days.

So, your calls that the higher end guilds I would say was more cooperating circumstantially as there wasn't a large push for additional keys for the earring yet, or splitting Seru. Also, because the Praesertums you need one of each for the quest. So you're more focused on getting them 1 at a time and moving on.

With the medallions, you need 2 different parts, with multiple drop per giant, so you can get half a key for a couple people at a time. Additional giant kills aren't wasted for keying up a guild as much as additional Praesertum kills would be.

Kill-stealing and training for these will be more prevalent because of the way the keying works. Everyone needs to collect 2 different pieces, the respawn timers are long enough that guilds will be waiting in picks in force... as mentioned above about the Praesertums, there were watchers in other picks watching for spawns. History has shown that will be the case here also. Some guilds will definitely think they can /pick over to DPS race and get half of a key completed for several more of their members faster so they're not camping the zone for over 24 hours. Or they'll do it to sell the loot-rights for the key drops for profit. Wouldn't be surprised if there are boxed-caster groups running in to cast burns to make sure they get the kills for their guilds while they wait for everyone to finish picking over.
  5. Atabishi Augur

You do realize you can have a happy medium right? It's not just one or the other to the extreme. On phinny you can go hard for a week on expansion launch, have all the fun and excitement of racing, and after you are finished you can go back to instancing. That's the beauty of this server. I don't need to be going ham on open world targets 24/7 every day of the expansion. I can turn it on for a week, get it out of my system and then go right back to instancing 3 days a week with no worry of poop socking open world raid mobs. If this was truly an instance server, you wouldn't have open world raid mobs. They cater to both sides and create a happy medium between the two.
  6. Guzzle Augur

Jesus christ you're dense and not understanding anything I'm saying. I never said there wasn't training the entire time. I said that at some point, a collection of guilds DID come to an agreement to stay out of each other's picks and farm arx keys. I WAS THERE. Someone else saying (countering?) That there was training early on doesn't have any impact on this discussion or the point that I'm trying to make, which is apparently sailing directly over your head. We also cleared Seru in that same time frame, the difference being we didn't go clear it directly after obtaining the key but instead 4 nights later on our regularly scheduled raid night. Your experience and my experience can exist in the same universe. Please just stop and quit being dense. Have fun crying with your buddies.
  7. Astley Augur

No need to get your undies in a twist here.

You're saying people can cooperate and not step on others toes, and yeah, it might happen for a little while, but it was purely circumstantial and short-lived. There is no reasonable expectation that it can last for any length of time without people resorting to crap behavior.

The moment there are more guilds than open picks, not everyone gets their own and it starts to fall apart. If people filter out and new guilds come into their picks, it starts to fall apart.

In the other thread I was advocating for the guilds to work together to force-spawn as many picks as possible on Launch Wed. night so that they stay open as long as possible and there is less running across each other, even if they're not going to be key camping right away. The more open picks, the more keys available, and the sooner it dies down for everyone.
  8. Baldur Augur

Right, which is the great thing about instances. If you don't want to deal with the madness, start up an instance and go at your own pace and at your own time.

If you want more than 1 of the mobs a week then you can wade into open world and compete.

Again, it's why Phinny is so popular, and why they are going away from that now is crazy to me. There are a few times in the past here where they haven't put a mob in the instance, or done an instance for the zone. The Praesertums in Sanctus Seru come to mind, also Lodizal and Kelorek Dar. But those are all optional, you don't have to kill them to progress in that expansion.

Here everyone needs these giants to progress in PoP. It's crazy they can justify this in any way.
    Warlorf likes this.
  9. Moonii Elder

It would be nice to hear their justification. Something other than "we're not changing it at this time" after they changed it. It's not like its something they just left as is, they had to have a reason for why they wanted to make it more of a competitive poop sock. Clusterf..what have you. Why this specific area, why not anything else, and why never before this ?

Why pinpoint the only part that is required by raiders AND groups to progress, throw motm on non-raid mobs, and remove them from instances. Why did they target this logjam ? to have the most effect ? But for what reason ? what is the gain here ? What is the point?

There's enough outcry over it to justify some kind of reasoning for it, they at least gave their reasoning for oow/god, but nothing on this that makes sense.

The only thing I remember reading from a dev as to reasoning related to BoT giants because they were group mobs or something.
  10. Pikallo Augur

Their justification is that the instances are created specifically for raid mobs and the regular zones and /pick zones are to be used for the keys. While most people don't agree with it, they have certainly stated their reasoning.
    Machen likes this.
  11. Machen New Member

Like it or not, Absor posted exactly why. It's not some secret.
  12. Baldur Augur

Then why isn't there an Iceclad Ocean instance and a Cobalt Scar for Lodizal and Kelorek Dar? If instances are just for raid mobs, and every mob with MotM is a raid mob, why didn't they give those mobs their own instance?

They didn't do a Howling Stones instance at first for Drusella and eventually put one in.

I'm sure there's some keys that spawn in an instance. Griegs key comes to mind, I know that it's temporary and needed to get to the raid mobs. But why not make players go to the open world to get the key first, that would stick with their stated rules.

They definitely haven't been consistent up until now, so why dig their feet in now on this when the player base is so against it?
  13. Machen New Member

Just because they haven't followed their reasoning 100% consistently doesn't mean they never gave it.
  14. Moonii Elder

Something they haven't done with any zone prior, and then why do they have motm ? if they're group mobs
  15. Lanadorm New Member

there are so many reasons that make sense :) good work.
  16. Moonii Elder

What is the reasoning? No more group mobs in instances ? So Mauvin gonna be removed from PoJ ? Trials removed ?

It's not that they aren't following it "100% consistently" this is a deviation from the norm and it doesnt make sense, they conflict with their own reasoning within the same zone. They need to make sure every "group target" in postorms isnt there, or its a bunch of BS.

They just need to say they want to slow down progression or add artificial challenges to keying.
  17. Machen New Member

You are giving them too much credit. Players are more familiar with the contents than the devs are, we've seen that in quite a few cases. The devs can stake out a position like "aoc instances shouldn't be for group mob flagging" and then miss 100 examples where they didn't follow it consistently. Does it make it right, no, but it doesn't necessarily make it intentional or devious somehow. (And I am usually the first to give them crap over anything.)
    Lanadorm likes this.
  18. Helgas New Member

I find this whole debate funny, because the people arguing not to change it want a challenge for less than 10 percent of the server, and the other 90% that thinks its stupid doesnt realize they can easily change the racing guilds opinion.

Just have all guilds go out there for the shoot out. There are a number of them, 10+, that clear VT start to finish. Everyone go out and wait, lag the zone out; so that when they do spawn it is a true crap shoot. It will take two or three days of that to change the folks minds.

Also this was about the time where the major guilds on the servers, in era, would intentionally block the others. There will be nothing to stop one from blocking the other in these shoot outs (Or better yet they screw each other over and end up taking 2-4x the time to progress).

So yea have your guildies all get a PoJ trial done and lets see if we can get 200 people in zone at one time all trying to nuke the same thing. While they are fighting have enchanters and others cast their stuns and mgbs to really get the lag going. Because we all know DB wont do anything about ksing unlike the original GMs during this content.

It really wont take long if the top 10 guilds decide to all go after them, when ever they have a minute, for those folks who take pride in being 1st to come to their senses. Isn't it funny that someone takes pride in being first on content that is over 15 years old with tons of walkthroughs and videos. Analogous to not realizing that getting the first gold star in remedial math is still not an accomplishment.
    Warlorf and Lanadorm like this.
  19. Machen New Member

Easily? Really? It's not really as easy as you think. If it were, it would have happened a dozen times previously.
  20. Garanle Elder

To be fair to the point being made, this is the first time on the server there is a major lynch pin that can not be circumvented via an instance. There are a number of folks in my guild (not one i would consider in the race for first, or even care about that) that had their emp key in the first 2 days and all the shards for VT by day 3 or 4 of luclin. Most people are up to 2-3 boxes now so 5 players can easily be 10+.

Here you have the 3 big ones and the others all going after the same key that spawns once every x hours. It wont be hard to have someone there and triggers set where 30 minutes prior to the spawn people wont be able to get into the zone due to over flow. Really (as a tip) if you can get your guild in there and level at th camps going to 65 you should be able to own this zone (especially if you can mount a force of 50 in the zone during the down times to lock the bigger folks from getting in).

IF people do that then it won't be a shoot out, there really won't be a competition and there is no point. I bet OGC could easily lock that zone putting 100+ folks in there to just sit and take up space. I would find it hilarious if they did that just to show the devs they have no real foresight into these things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.