Cannot run 2 accounts at the same time, crash, crash, crash.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Elyssanda, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I don't box, but I did make a new character on my kids' old silver account, and I wanted to use her as a TS mule, so I logged in my main account, and TRIED to log in mule account only to have it crash time and again. So I tried logging in hubs account, only to get the same crash.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I had similar problem because for some reason my first EQ icon only allows me to use one account on it at a time. So I downloaded another copy which put another icon on desktop and that worked fine. The second icon does allow more than one account but I like having separate icons.

PS your not on that server that does not allow boxing are you?
  3. Eniner Augur

Sounds like you may be trying to box on phin server. Or maybe they had a code go stray and added phin codes to certain live servers? Double icon thing is def new to me as i play on test and am able to load 30 accounts or so with same icon first ive heard of this one. Some funky things been going on lately. haha
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Luclin, not Phin, but I'm not getting to server select screen even.. It crashes right after I hit the play button.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ya, it helped a lot of folks on these boards and on my server to do the second icon thing. For some reason something only allows the first icon to be used with one account. I ruled out computer issues since I have done this for many years over 3-4 different computers. I was thinking maybe it was from when EQ first started and it was set up that way. Dunno, my other icons allows as many account log ins as I want at one time so it all works out.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If it crashes at that point its graphics or UI. Perhaps the old UI is conflicting. Maybe DX.
  7. Enigma Maitreya Augur

IF you are executing out of one folder for both instances, then maybe you should try creating a second folder and point the 2nd ICON to execute from the 2nd Folder. *Shrug* people are going to say I done this for ever. Fact is that any mistake on DB's side that does not handle or implement file sharing (as in two programs reading and writing to the same file) can cause an exception and if that exception is not handled that will lead to a program crash.

BUT as Cats Paws points out, it may be something in your Graphics system.
  8. Phiyre Augur

Here is what I have found. Your issue could be different.
    In order to run 2 accounts on my pc, I need to fully load one up (easiest to have them sitting in say pok or something). Once they are logged in, now tab out, open eq again and log in the other account and then log in. Once you hit the char select, you should be aok. Everquest has only given me issues w/ 2 accounts on a pc is when I am trying to load both at the same time.
    Hope this helps you some :)
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Sadly Phiyre, that is already what I am trying.. when I hit play on the second account, that's where it crashes.. never make it to server select.
    How do you DL a new icon? I guess i'm not understanding that part. I really don't want to run EQ through Steam again.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you go to the main eq page and click download it starts but is very short since it picks up most of your already installed stuff from the other installation but will leave a second icon on desktop.

On main page like here go to home then click on game info in upper left corner then on the drop down it says download.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

ok.. Downloaded last night, tried using today, renamed it EQ box so I knew which was which.. didn't help,. straight to crash again. I do fill out the stupid pop up box for "what were you doing when this happened". just trying to open a second account at the same time as first account. I also gave up and parcelled items to the alt so that I could get on with what I was trying to get done. It just irks me because I have run 3 accounts at once before while tradeskilling (kids, Hubs, mine). Which means 2 stand there and holding supplies, while I TS on my bard.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok so ruled one icon limit as why it is doing this. First time you mentioned an error message. Who is it from? I am sure we are all willing to help more if you want to pursue getting this fixed.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

just the standard Client crash message. EQ has detected that your client has crashed, please tell us what you were doing when this happened.
  14. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Elyssanda, have you opened each of the 3 games 1 at a time to make sure that all 3 are playable?

I think one thing that gets people frustrated is the perception that the Universe has singled them out to solve a mystery. :)

You can do this, why you can not is knowable, it is just a matter of finding out what you can do and what you can not do.

Have you tried that 3rd party program to do Multi-Boxing?

Will you tell us what OS your running, how much memory you have, and what the CPU is. Most all of this information is available by right clicking "MyComputer" OR "This PC" then select Properties. It should give you the page showing all of this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Should have been ruled OUT one icon, sorry. :( Good question there, is each account able to open all alone? Without the others open?
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

yes, I can open each account individually, I'm not having problems with the accounts, all of the characters are there, no one missing. it's just opening more than 1 client at a time I'm having a problem with.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

18. Enigma Maitreya Augur

19. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Based on Cats Paws observation then if you don't mind right click on the ICON and select properties.

This should open a window with the "Shortcut" tab being selected.

You should see Target: [Text Box] filled in with something like this -

"E:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\LaunchPad.exe"

Probably the only thing of interest is this part LaunchPad.exe, if it is not that, then the solution may be as simple as changing the ICON to OR creating a new Shortcut to start the LaunchPad.exe program.
  20. Elyssanda Bardbrain

nono.. I'm not running through steam now.. I did a couple of years ago, but that was because I had a corrupt DL, and the only way to play was through Steam, got that issue fixed and deleted Steam and all associated files more than 2 years ago. That much I could do. This is completely unrelated to Steam. I was able to run 3 accounts working TS about 9 months ago, then didn't need to do it again until recently.