CotF HAs obsolete now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tavv, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Koryu Professional Roadkill

The basics of Gribble missions have not changed. Same steps, same number of mobs, same linear murder-fest. They are still easy when compared to other HAs. You can still perform the big pulls and knock out the mission in a single go if you have enough DPS to compensate for the boosted mob HPs. A Warrior or SK + Zerker/Rogue/Monk blender-combo will still tear through these HAs. I would want to continue to do it the speedy way because Dead Hills is a bland, dreary, boring mud-pit.

Has anybody done Captain Russell Cooper HAs since the update? That should be interesting.
    Brohg likes this.
  2. Kravitz Augur

Because 90% of the players doing this old content have the armor items and spell and aa power to handle doing that? Come on dude, seriously? Not everyone raids you know.
    Raptorjesus5 and Xeladom like this.
  3. Zarakii Augur

im unsure on the lower levels difficulty but they do scale to level
  4. Derd Augur

If they went too far in the new scaling and enough respond with reasonable posts, they will look into it. Right now I hope most of their efforts are on fixing bugs on Tbm. But as it was you have to agree many of the ha had no difficulty at all.
  5. Abazzagorath Augur

I'm totally against scaling stuff based on gear, but if they are going to do this every expansion then maybe they should. Because the social mechanics of this game pretty much make it imperative for people to level as fast as they can, due to the lack of people playing below max level, meaning making it more and more difficult to do multiyear old content then maybe they should scale them to the hp level of the player with the highest hp or something.
  6. shiftie Augur

I knew I wasn't crazy the other night lol

As a paladin still able to stun them it wasn't much different on a single pull. But pulling multiples was way more deadly and an Unwelcomed surprise.

I wager the other tanks might have a bit more trouble. However prior to this most tanks were pulling several mobs at once. So I guess there is that...
  7. Zarakii Augur

i would be all for scaling to gear my big gripe about the way it is now is casual players being steam rolled if 3 mobs come
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

HAs are not easy for non-prestige (Defiant. - T1 CoTF geared) casual moloers. It will now take a casual moloer 1 hour to do Gribble 2 when a raid group can bang out all 3 Gribbles in 20 minutes. A lot of the supporters of the nerf are already maxed AA raiders anyways.

It would be more reasonable to see this nerf as a temporary speed bump to prevent quick work of TBM AAs. After a month they can revert the changes for the casual crowd to "catch up." This catch up process will help to bring fresh blood to upper level game and moderate tier raid guilds (who can afford an under geared person but not an AA deficit).
  9. Lilura Augur

I tell you what else is happening: they resist mez a lot more. I finally figured out why I was wiping so often. Since this stealth nerf, I also noticed that my chanter wasn't mezzing anywhere near as efficiently. Much more resisting when you get a bunch at once and led to wipes like never before.
  10. YellowBelly Augur

Link an official source for this. Otherwise you're talking out of your butt.
    Raptorjesus5 and Shogan like this.
  11. sifonin Augur

His argument is correct yellow belly- being
    Able to do three hails in one lesson was overpowered and not intended
  12. Laronk Augur

I agree with Borhg, so many people I know just wanted to do DH for grinding exp and it was sometimes hard to drag those people into new content because the scaling heroic adventures were too easy.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I
    I agree with the notion that doing 3 Gribbles in one lesson is overpowered. How can we limit those players and not someone who - previous to the nerf - took 30-60 minutes PER Gribble?

Perhaps a Mission NPC wide lock out timer?
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's hard to drag people to new content when that content simply doesn't exist. If it does exist, it's usually bugged. :p
    Shogan likes this.
  15. YellowBelly Augur

The gibble groups I attended could not do all 3 in one lesson. Not everyone is that capable.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

But when it call comes down to it the changes to the HAs are part of their new policy to make older content less palatable to get people into the newest expansion. Its the wrong way to do it and always costs at least a few people who leave the game in disgust. If the HA needed to be changed it should not have been done at expansion release.

Daybreak needs to think carrot and not stick.

And I am not arguing whether the HA are still easy or not. Daybreak just keeps sending the wrong message and costing us players and I am getting sick and tired of it. They keep thinking short term gain over long term. Great for them getting back their money for buying an old game as part of the SOE purchase but sucks for those of us who want to keep playing EQ for a while.
  17. Silv Augur

How did this degenerate into another thread solely about Gribble HAs? You guys know there are more than the three Gribbles and people actually do those too, right?

Appears some people want to completely ignore the actual issue and rationale for why they did it. How quickly we forget that this *exact* same thing happened last release as already mentioned. The XP nerfs pushed everyone into higher content (ie. more money from buying expansion). Months later, they back track on it some. Now, they've done it again. Expect a partial reduction in the old HAs that were just buffed around February.

Isn't it a great feeling that they keep spending so much energy making level-scaling content but then just nerf it to push you into the newest content anyway?! /boggle
    beryon, Garshok, Mayfaire and 4 others like this.
  18. Eggolas Augur

So, for the level 75-94 players who could use the DH HA to try and catch up, what is available for them to do in TBM?
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  19. Blurred_Memories Augur

lol what? you are seriously mistaken, you don't even need to " grind " xp any more dude... if you run through any expansion's quest content, and i mean all the mercs / partisans / heroes, (often only once), you'll be maxed out before you're done and camping named to farm items.

again, mistaken, see above.

please leave the fadnare camp and come play the game; its pretty fun.

love,
    ~ the blury one
  20. segap Augur

In TDS, doing the progression might have yielded one level. That would leave you with four levels and a bunch of AA. Not that any of that was hard to get. Also take in to account that there are lots of people that do not enjoy doing the quest content. It's boring. You spend more time running errands and waiting on things (foraging, fishing, hailing, watching a script run for two minutes, etc) than playing. So while some people are more than happy to gain their exp from questing, others prefer grinding it. Different people, different play styles.

In TBM, I am currently getting about 10 AA per merc task (kills + the tiny reward). It's far from an efficient way to get AA. It's also extremely boring to me. At least they made everything a group task to ease the tedium of needing to get 10 drops each of something for everyone in the group and then killing the final thing once each for everyone.

Real grinding is only a thing of the past in that exp comes so fast now. You can grind out what you need casually over a week and be done with it.
    Borek-VS and Agrippa like this.