Lockjaw Rotation Updated - 8/15/15

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhutuak Augur

No, what we have now is the top of the server dictating and making policy that affects the whole server, while having only their own best interests in mind. For the most part. I commend FI on the way you all have carried yourselves on the server, like I said earlier, I find it ironic that you guys have such a bad rep but yet are like the only major guild I personally have never had an issue with.

I am thinking the way things done now essentially sprung from preserving what the top of the food chain could, it is only natural. The problem lies in the game and the mechanics, we all know this. What was once raid level difficulty is now groupable to duoable.

Couple this with the massive amount of mouths to feed and it is a recipe for a toxic environment. FI and LJ overall has done a great job of keeping the drama to a minimum, I applaud you all. However your set up only benefits those involved, like an old boys club.

Meanwhile competent folks who do not want to deal with the drama (there are alot of un guilded folk out there) and be in your club get the shaft royally and essentially told to like it or lump it.

However I am not inclined to be dictated to, one of the reasons I am not guilded and prefer to box. I like to do things my way while respecting everyone I come across competing for resources.

Since it seems I will continue to be dictated to, I have decided to propose a modification to the rotation that actually takes the entire server into consideration. One that encompasses both aspects of the rotation and ffa.

The ffa aspect in my proposal was not clear as at first I was saying all mobs are ffa and then changed it to qualifying mobs, which makes more sense to me. Everything up till your qualifying is server wide ffa and only allowed by rotation guilds to be competed for by the scheduled guild.

So if I have an open raid (guildname here) and we kill sky qualifying mob (beacause it is server wide ffa except for rotating guilds) for naggy/vox (whatever it may actually be), then naggy/vox is ffa for open raid and on rotation for the rotation guilds meaning open raid (insert guild name here) can kill it on any of your days.

Progressive, competitive qualifying, or not, qualifiers choice, not yours, on their time, not yours. Not to mention deters heavy top end feeding and gives you big guilds the ffa you been asking for, though perhaps not how you wanted it.
  2. Endtime Elder

Look, i can agree with what your saying with the FFA ideas, that's fine.

But saying it's all dictated by the top tier guilds is kind of 50/50 seeing as DBG themselves enforce the rules.

If the rotation was not in place and the world of targets were FFA, you would never get anywhere, FI could block everyone, or AD could do the same. So when you say it only benefits the top tiered guilds you are 100% correct;

They were the first to come to mutual agreement without being forced, to allow the current guilds ready for raid targets to progress fairly, now other guilds are stepping up and they are getting their chance, as Roshen has stated - the leaders of the rotation will enforce their rules, and he backs them.

They deserve to have an overall say, but they allow other guilds to go up - Forsaken Order has already had 2 top tier guilds invite them to sky on one of their days, because they know it won't affect their raid itself, they are not dictating this to us, it is of a sincere gesture and they don't even have to.

So i don't know why you keep on about dictating, join a guild or join one ready to raid, ask for an entry and they will oblige.
    Simone likes this.
  3. Zhutuak Augur

This is what I mean by the dictating, coupled with ask guild this or ask guild that. We ar talking about group-able content here, I should not have to join a guild or get permission to kill groupable content because you say so.

this is what I find so unreasonable and permeates so much of the interaction between those in top end guilds and everyone else. Please, kindly let me play how I like and kindly consider staying out of my business, thank you.
  4. Endtime Elder

Please search for the meaning of dictation.

Play the game how you want, but follow the rules DBG have set in place, please and thank you.
  5. Zhutuak Augur

Endtime, obviously this message is meant for DGB too, however it would be better if we could all come to a similar conclusion that your rotation is only going to grow by leaps and bounds as time passes and more guilds attempt to and actually qualify for rotation spots.

The question at hand is exactly how to go about qualifying and getting added. Right now rotation guilds have all the say, yet this affects even non guilded people. There is something not inherently right in this and I have simply proposed a more server wide friendly option that includes both aspects of ffa and rotation that apparently no one has yet, up to this point.

Why not stop dictating how I should play the game and actually consider what I am saying.
  6. Zhutuak Augur

It was also pointed out that you can also have alts, alt guilds etc competing then against other rotation guilds, as was pointed out and I agreed with in the Lockjaw and Sky thread that apparently got completely deleted. This could be a big issue, I agree but it could also be a big issue now, so really not so big of an issue.

Essentially I see your rotation as protection from each other, after all this is what was intended. Guilds came together to protect themselves against your efforts and you had every intention from what I recall, to lead the server in this manner.

Now is your chance, realize there is a different way to mesh these two worlds, at least see how it works. If it does not, you can always revert back. Give everyone a fair shot not dictated by your rotation, after all some of us did not ask for protection or agree to any of these terms.

Allow people to have open ffa up to qualifying mobs for the whole server vs whoever is on rotation for that encounter in question. Defend your home turf from those who have not agreed to or been included in your plans. Once they pass qualifying, they can then choose to become part of the conversation as opposed to being dictated to.

Much more fair for the whole server and removes the unneeded kissing may I do this non sense.

Of course, there would always be the option to work within the system, ie ask for permission, not compete as has been stated. However, I think there should be the choice of the qualifier as to which scenario best fits their needs, not yours.
  7. Zhutuak Augur

Clarifying this, as it came from the LJ and Sky thread, it means the first three (?) isles in sky would be open ffa except for whoever is not up for sky day in rotation. (as I understand it) It is an alternative way of opening up the first three isles of sky to the whole server encompassing qualifying and potential competition based on a pnp foundation and choice of the qualifier.

It really would not affect anything else.(?)
  8. Zhutuak Augur

Sorry another clarification needed. It would open the first four isles of sky to the whole server for ffa or coordinated killing w/ rotation guild scheduling consent, dependent upon the qualifier needs or motives.

It comes down to opening up sky to more people with an additional method, one that incorporates ffa with the rotation, competition and choice as to how one experiences content. More fair for everyone involved.
  9. Simone Augur

There is nothing unreasonable about having to communicate with your fellow players. If you don't like having to deal with other people in a game then you then clearly MPOGs are not for you. There are lots of great single player games available for you on Playstation.
  10. Zhutuak Augur

Communication is not the problem, as you see I am here communicating with you now. The problem is who is dictating (rotation consortium) who can do what w/ group-able content.

It is not right the rest of the server has to come ask you to play in Sky up till the 5th isle boss. You do this to monopolize content and keep it from other players. You might be doing it first in force if that was allowed and monopolize the content that way.

There are quests and drops that single groups can get from sky, it should not be rotated and no one should ask anyone else if they can or can not enjoy group-able content.

You guys are not rotating fire giants, or the hole in any way shape or form, yet Yael is a qualifier. Why are you rotating sky? Because you are trying to monopolize content on your own time w/o considering others and their time.

Hypocritical non sense as usual.

Plane of Sky should be FFA up until the qualifying mob, KoS. No one should have to ask anyone else if they can down group content or not. If they choose to work within your rotation because they plan to be come part of the rotation, that is their choice. If they choose not to work with you or become part of the rotation yet want to farm the first four isle bosses till they get what they need, on their time, it should their choice.
  11. Zhutuak Augur

Once again I will point out, the rotation came together to protect guilds b and c from a. In our case, a had intended all along to rotate (iirc), which is all great and I agree, needs to happen with non groupable raid targets. Whether or not I agree with how you guys are actually going about it is another story.

The rotation is not designed to rotate trash mobs or groupable content, yet that is what the consortium is doing to preserve quest and loot drops from those bosses claiming you folks still need them. Well so does the rest of the server and if they wake up, maybe will realize it is not so difficult and they too can get these drops.

Your consortium should not be dictating to everyone else whether they can or can not enjoy group content, simple as that.
  12. Makelite Augur

This is all DBGs doing to be honest. They wrote a very vague announcement that all raids shall now be rotated and gave full permission to the raiding guilds on the server to set the rules. Problem is they didn't include the server as a whole in the decisions or impact. People can go to hate and kill trash, can go to fear, the hole, all raid zones and no one cares yet you go to sky and kill group mobs, and holey crap you're being lynched...and for what?

I say, until DBG actually acknowledges these rotations and rules openly to everyone on the server, either through EULA agreement or even a MOTD to inform folks that the rules even exist, the only thing stopping you from going to sky is being out dps'ed by another guild or griefed by them (which, funny enough IS against the rules we see and sign). If DBG wants to suspend everyone not involved in the rotation for killing trash then I say let them, see what happens then. As for getting told to leave sky for island 1 trash, I respectively tell you to "pack sand".
    Zublak and Zhutuak like this.
  13. Kobra Augur

Stop acting like a strong independent erudite woman who don't need no guild!

There are umpteen guilds you can join that is the point of the rotation. Nobody is forced to put up with drama or people they hate. Find a group of people you can chill with and do the raid content or don't. The whole server isn't going to bend over backwards for you. Your play style is aberrant and should not be rewarded.
    Simone likes this.
  14. Zhutuak Augur

My play style is my own and always has been, thanks. I am making a point based on group content because if I can four box it, it means any group on the server can accomplish the same thing, provided they have the communication, gear and skills. It might take me and others some time to group down the first three isle bosses.

I do not see KoS as a group-able mob due to the dt`s so the mobs your rotation is actually trying to rotate is safe from this idea, as far as from people who can down the group-able content. However again, if I am able to get together fifteen or so unguilded folk in the early AM hours and we work towards KoS, we might actually get the kill, be able to document the kill and then choose to join your rotation or not.

I am not asking permission to do group-able content, simple as that. I am proposing a way so that I or anyone else will not have to ask permission to do so.

At the very least the idea should be included in a server wide poll because this affects the whole server.
  15. Simone Augur

Island 1 boss wasn't 1 groupable until a week ago; it's pretty obvious from the buffs that DBG doesn't see that mob as a group mob. Once you start killing Azaracks and beyond you trigger boss mobs and if you cannot beat or have no intention trying to beat those bosses then you shouldn't be touching the mobs that trigger them. Heck in Scars of Velious Statue of Rallos Zek is a pushover compared to the Idol of Rallos Zek and the Avatar of war; even if you can 1 group the Statue of Rallos Zek you shouldn't touch it since killing it will trigger the much tougher bosses and screw over the guild who's turn it was in rotation for that boss.

You're welcome to have your own play style but you are not welcome to disrupt the rotation.
    Your wants as an individual is going to get much less consideration than the needs of multiple entire guilds. If you don't like it well too bad that's called sad day for you. There is nothing wrong with choosing to be an unguilded casual player but realize that there are downsides to choose and missing out on on sky is one of those downsides. Even then you could probably be able to do sky with permission from the rotation guilds.

Thinking you shouldn't have to even talk to people and should be able to do whatever the hell you want is an attitude that isn't going to earn you much respect especially while the representatives of the rotation guilds are obligated to attend multiple 4+ hours meetings to work out these details. Possible changes to the Plane of Sky rotation are on agenda for the 09-15 meeting. A lot of effort is being put into maintaining this rotation and you need to respect that.
    Lokomotiva likes this.
  16. Zhutuak Augur

The whole thing is ironic and hypocritical, which is endemic in society. You are being lynched because you are competing for something they want. The rotation is designed to protect them from each other, whether hypocritically handed down by dbg as a form of a pnp for one segment of their customer base or promoted from the start by the guilds themselves.

As I said in another post, these folks are only looking out for their own best interest, they will call it group content if you are raiding it and raid content if you are grouping it, whichever best suits their needs at the time. I get it, however there needs to be something done. The cat is out of the bag, much of that stuff can be killed by one group, I am betting Yael can be too if he has been scaled back.

No one with a agenda should have a say how group content should or should not be played out.
  17. Kobra Augur

It doesn't effect the entire server. How many times do people have to explain that plane of sky is different.

Join a guild to do the content or don't. Stop trying to deny raid content to raid guilds.
    Simone likes this.
  18. Zhutuak Augur

You mean to say isle one boss was not group-able again until a week ago. Prior to having been buffed, which turned out to be a poor solution, it would have been group-able so this argument lacks.

I will not be disrupting your or anyone elses rotation. If I get my handed to me on isle two or three (substitute any open raid, guild group or raid) then either I will try again that day or realize I will never be able to accomplish this and not come back till Kunark and a couple of levels.

Stop making up reasons that have yet to pass to squash an idea that is more fair for everyone. I am not out to mess up your rotation (however if this come to pass I might actually lead an open raid that qualifies on your day, intentionally), I am making a case against the consortium dictatorship over what is group content.
  19. Zhutuak Augur

Incorrect, you can kill sky isle one boss with a single group ergo it affects thee entire server.
  20. Simone Augur

Daybreak sees that mob as raid content and believes that casuals don't deserve access to raid content. That is Daybreaks vision so take it up with them

I hit the submit too early on my last post. see the rest of my post.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.