[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slasher Augur

lol if they were not allowed anyone using a razer naga or G19 would be banned.
    Motherlee likes this.
  2. Tamier Augur

I didn't argue anything was illegal. I said what about the unattended windows in the background?
  3. Slasher Augur

Someone just linked wow saying using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] was fine. Wow has never banned boxing EVER.
  4. Nuanil Elder

You really lack reading comprehension don't you? They specifically, today, said that using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] unattended may result in disciplinary action. Which is to say, that [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] itself is not considered an exploit. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] doesn't chain keystrokes beyond 1 keystroke results in 1 step being broadcasted to the other sessions. There may be a sequence of steps that will be followed, but they will not magically chain themselves together in a never ending cycle of activation. Autofire applications, programmable keyboards and mice, as well as the application that shall not be named can potentially result in automation to several windows, but most of those will work without [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] for the intended purpose of botting.

Reality is the anti-boxing crowd is focusing on the wrong culprit, the culprit is the application that shall not be named. Being AFK with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] alone is no different that being AFK without it.
    Motherlee likes this.
  5. monegames Journeyman

Adrienna and Motherlee like this.
  6. UnnamedPlayer Elder

It's just what the terms of service or EULA states. That doesn't mean they ban people for using mouse software.
  7. Zechs Lorekeeper

Incorrect about WoW. They allow multiboxing. In fact I multibox in WoW for the last 6 years and no issues. Here is a blue response with regards to it: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/38904-multiboxing-rules-and-semantics/
    Adrienna and Reht like this.
  8. Shmef Augur

actually the rule specifically states 3rd party programs are allowed at DBGs discretion. and they have specifically stated that they will only punish people for unattended use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].

also their CRM has stated many times in the past, for a very long time that [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] was OK.
  9. Fiido Missalot New Member

Thank you for the clarification.
    I see Boxing and Boxing with "broadcasting" tools very differently.
    I often have my wife's character in group while I solo, so she does not miss out on XP. Some may consider that same as 6-box mages. :/
  10. Banuvan Augur

They know that a LARGE amount of their income comes from people using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and paying for multiple accounts per month. They have to make a choice and they have made it. They are going to let the money do the talking. Same reason why they aren't enforcing any rules in game. Wild Wild West is more profitable than them.

1 person paying for 6 accounts > 1 person paying for 1 account in their eyes is how I take this and the fact that they won't do anything about the greifing happening in game on a regular basis.
  11. Reht The Dude abides...

No, this is the same stance they had before, which was you had to be at your PC pressing buttons regardless of whether or not they were being broadcast to multiple characters. What you can't do is use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] in conjunction to completely automate your characters so that you can walk away from your PC, leaving it 'unattended' while it plays itself.
    Motherlee and Silv like this.
  12. Arrk Augur

That is the same question I asked... doubt we will get a response.
  13. Silv Augur

Seriously... the word BOX is in the name of the program. That obviously means you have more than one instance of EQ running so to say the minimized instance is 'unattended' is ridiculous. If you count the other minimized EQs as 'unattended' that means you could not use the program at all since it requires more than one. He did not say it was illegal. He said 'unattended' which using any type of logic means AFK.
  14. Zechs Lorekeeper

No it appears to be safe. As long as you are able to prove you are in fact there when they try to talk to you.
    Frenzic likes this.
  15. Slasher Augur

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] has 5k forum users a large % of that are inactive another % is for other games a very small fraction of the active users is from EQ. They make very little off the people using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. If you think even 5% of the active EQ subs are using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] i got a bridge to sell you.
  16. Rabagab New Member

Well since we saw Blizzard's stance supporting multi-broadcasting and multi-plexing, here is Eve onlines.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=387571

Both sides of the argument are valid in Everquest, Eve, or WoW. In Everquest, the current Era does not involve instanced zones (outside of the lowbie zones currently) is where it starts to fall into a realm of affecting others gameplay. My speculation? DBG will most likely instance more zones to accommodate the playerbase if the dual TLP servers do not alleviate overcrowding in areas.
  17. Kunon Augur

That is what they say when something is illegal to use/do. Within 30 minutes of that thread starting, it was locked with that response.

What Roshen said about Unattended is using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] to control your Player Characters while you are AFK. That is why the person was sent a message even though they were botting to see if they are at the keyboard. If they had responded it would have been perfectly legal and nothing would have happened. Side note: You can use pets/mercenaries while AFK to kill legally too so long as your Player Character is not casting/engaging without someone at the keyboard.
  18. Reht The Dude abides...

Hit the nail on the head, thanks Kunon
    UnnamedPlayer, Kunon and Silv like this.
  19. Frenzic Augur

This is the second time a community manager came out and said [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] was allowed. Can we please just except the ruling and move on? Automating [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is illegal, using key clones is not. Pretty cut and dry.
  20. Tamier Augur

I just want to be clear that that is the ruling, so I can unsub.
    Warpeace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.