New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I guess they changed their minds about keeping RoF stuff relevant.
  2. Axxius Augur

The premise has always been that you don't need raid gear for group content. And now suddenly they offer raid gear to casual players. Of course it's a carrot on a stick designed to make those casual players spend more time in EQ without providing any additional content to them. The old carrot (the endless xp grind to get new AA) went bad and started scaring players away. They removed it with auto-granting AA. But now that it's gone, they need a new carrot. Since apparently designing more content is not an option (oh yeah, another dev has just been transferred from EQ to EQN), this is the new carrot - raid gear for casuals, at the price of playing more than ever before. In a way, it's a brilliant idea. If they really don't care about raiders anymore then might as well throw old design principles out the window and cater to the casual revenue stream full time.
  3. Abazzagorath Augur

Considering the drop rate of ACoF, if these are similar, they will always be prohibitively expensive to most "casuals" anyway. So who cares, its a rare lottery ticket for players to sell off.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When are we getting new raids, to replace the ROF /T2/T3/T4 ones which won't be worth doing now?
  5. Abazzagorath Augur

Yes, because getting 1-2 drops if you play a ton or spend a ton totally makes clearing raids weekly for mass gear and currency, not "worth doing". :rolleyes:
    Sinestra, Zarzac and Schadenfreude like this.
  6. Feradach Augur

I love the idea of these item drops, but slot 8 for the augs? I have a feeling that's not as terribly useful to us groupers as was originally intended...
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We run them as open/alt raids, I really don't see us getting players to do that anymore.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

most if not all augs are slot 7/8 these days
  9. feiddan Augur

They've been on Test for longer than that. ;)

Perhaps a way to balance them?

Succinct and well-put.
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

can get or have gotten 2 raid items from hardcore. now there are at least another 4 raid items possibly more from cotf zones. there will be 11 raid items from plane of war. why bother raiding
  11. Feradach Augur

Because raiding is fun?
  12. Feradach Augur

You're right. I overlooked that side of it.
  13. Quatr Augur

If these items are as rare as reports indicate, making them NO DROP would make life very frustrating. Suppose that, after weeks of doing HAs, a Silk item drops and you don't have any Silk classes in your group! :oops: At least with attunable items you can trade them for a similar quality item that you can use.
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

It'll be interesting to see what this does to the Krono market.
  15. Stubar Augur

How many F's given that there are a few VERY nice items for the "casual" player? ZERO.

They can drop in heroics mission and regular missions so it'll give people something to do. Does it ruin the raid items I worked to get? LOL....no. I raid because I like the people I raid with. I like getting loot as much as the next guy, however it doesn't take away what I get from raid vendors. With the ease of the raids now, things have become much more social during events.
    Utdaan, Janakin, Eaiana and 7 others like this.
  16. Zamiam Augur

stub , i like your attitude ..
  17. Rainbowdash Augur

Wish more thought like you.

Raiding should be about more than the gear...should be about the fun and people! It's a game not a second job. If a grouper tacks on some of these pieces of gear and is now capable of surviving raid scripts/AEs etc more and can come have fun too, the more the merrier. Especially for smaller guild. *cough*Test...mine*cough*
    Janakin, Sinestra and Obiziana like this.
  18. Vlerg Augur

as someone said.. what's next?

first we had 2 chase item available for a limited time.

now it's 4 RoF T4 item quality available forever.

PoWar comming with more...

what's next? wouldn't roF T2 been good enough? It's what, 100 HME less than the absolute best gear in the game?
  19. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

CotF raids aren't fun.
    Kelefane likes this.
  20. Zahrym Augur

Well he's right, even if it was a level 100 character with rof T2 raid gear does it really matter? If they were raiders or had any affect on my daily everquest experience they'd already be doing exactly that.

If they want to get people more invested in the game with an easier way to start off I'm all for it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.