Xbox Controller not working after reinstall

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by MrMojoRisin', Apr 18, 2017.

1. MrMojoRisin' New Player

Hi all,
    I am using Xbox One Controller to play games on PC. My DCUO worked fine with said controller until one day it had a launcher error, couldnt download some files.
    I reinstalled DCUO via Steam and now everything works but the Xbox controller. Cant get it to work whatever I tried. Game configuration shows a configured bluetooth device, changed the settings and resetted key mapping to default. My Xbox One Controller, that works flawlessly in every other game, still does not work in DCUO.

After playing years with the controller going back to keyboard and mouse is just not the game experience I want anymore. Being able to use my Xbox One Controller is necessary for me to enjoy the game. Please help!
  2. MrMojoRisin' New Player

I even installed the a second time from website download. However the original Xbox One Controller does not work with that version of the game either. I would really love to play the game with my controller again. anyone can help please?
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

"Some files"
    Can you be more specific?

There are .DLL files often causing this. If it is DLL files, then an update or repair of NET Framework, C++ Runtimelibrary or directx is required

Controllers require software to configure them. I never tried any, so i can't recommend any.

If it started occuring after the major Windows 10 update launched, then roll back to the previous version.
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Go into windows & clear all your history( beginning of time) . Temp files, cache, cookies etc.
    Not doing this can create conflicts with old & new downloaded files. Your PC will try to use the older temp files first and if there are conflicts there will be issues.

Then go back into launcher and validate game assets. hopefully this helps
    I cannot count how many times I have forgotten this and when I remember its like.