With the big update.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tess M3rcer, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Tess M3rcer Active Player

With the big update one huge thing I'd like to see in all the changes that are being made in the game and would absolutely bring joy to my little heart. Take the PVP out of PVE!! Ever since this change was made a few years ago the game hasn't been the same. It seems like that there should be a difference in game modes. Please for the love all things DC please make this change to game.
  2. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

Are you asking them to bring back the ability to choose the pvp or pve world ?
  3. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

I'm going to guess 'counter mechanics'.
    • Like x 1
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Why do you want to remove counter mechanics from PvE? Although I was scared when it first came out, I feel it added a lot to the game.

The one thing I feel could be improved is the catch-22 counter-ing adds can do on a tank ... if one is blocking, another is lunging, another is blockbreaking, the tank is going to be countered. To solve that, they need to look at aoe counters versus targeted counters ... which they should do across the board anyway.
  5. Tess M3rcer Active Player

Because there's no difference in game modes. When PVE gets stale it was always nice to have a change to play PVP for the mechanics.
  6. Tess M3rcer Active Player

not so much worlds as in counter mechanics. Like i said before theres really no difference. If I wanted to PVP id just que up.lol
  7. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

You can't tell when you're in PvP versus PvE? o_O
    • Like x 2
  8. Tess M3rcer Active Player

Really there isn't. :(
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If there's a skull icon beside your name it means you're in PVP mode. In the PVE phase you can turn it on and off at will. In the PVP phase it's always on.
    • Like x 1
  10. krytine Loyal Player

It your talking about being countered or interupted by adds look at the listed changes to powers for atomic they were making combos uniteruptable and probably more changes along those lines
    • Like x 1
  11. Tess M3rcer Active Player

not the point. man you people are dense. I'm talking about the counter mechanics which was used for PVP in the beginning. PVE didn't have it. thats the point.
  12. Tess M3rcer Active Player

Thank you. someone who understands what I'm talking about! lol
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Counter mechanics made tanking more engaging. I'd rather they stay. Thank you.
    • Like x 7
  14. krytine Loyal Player

I have to agree with you on this point. But i think only the add you are targeted on should be able to interupt your combo move. Still think its a little overkill that once you pull a group of adds and you do a combo it starts blocking
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Because they are so broken to the extent that the devs decided to allow us to break out of them.
    The NPCs not only cheat, they also get an immunity that is different than what we get. It's confusing to a significant number of newer players and frustrating to players that have specific AMs.

Also, the NPCs still have tap block breakers, which we do not.

I would jump for joy if they removed match NPCs from the game.
    • Like x 2
  16. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

there was a big update???
  17. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

No, the OP means the coming 'big update' (#statsmatter/revamp).

I'm fine with match level npcs having counter mechanics, but i'm not okay with them still having tap block breakers. I'm also not okay with the overlap of weapon counter mechanics providing immunity to CC from abilities. This causes too much errors with attempting to crowd control enemies as a tank or controller, because another player attacked the same enemy and they countered. These individual immunities need to be separated, which is something they are toying with in the revamp, with attempting to remove CC from abilities so they are filtered to one role. (A too heavy handed approach that sidestepped the painstaking approach needed in separating them all).

I also want to see block cancelling make a return, but keep the block animation dovetail, and dont' allow block counters to trigger unless the block stance is held down for the full few seconds. This allows players to get out of a lengthy attack animation, (which should cancel out the attack as well), but allow them to mitigate damage. In the WM and AM era, this has caused issues. WM and now AM level damage is a requirement, which means having to both dedicate your vulnerability time as part of a regular rotation that can't easily be stopped (not balanced between powers), while also having power regeneration as something that can be cancelled out by a successful counter.

When the AMs are required to do actual meaningful damage to an enemy, but they can prevent you from recharging your power so you can continue doing meaningful damage, the system has broken. With power regeneration becoming passive, that's one way to overcome this flaw. I still don't like that weapon attacks are still going to be contributing to power regeneration, though. I'd prefer everything stay within the throughput of a single mechanic, as that's the only way you're going to see balance across the board.
    • Like x 1
  18. Swiftduck Loyal Player

you are a little late. Counter mechanics were added YEARS ago.

Counter mechanics are also not exclusive to pvp. You're just mad you can't infinitely pew pew without an add knocking you down or you having to think about some sort of strategy.

i swear, this game attracts some of the laziest gamers known to man
    • Like x 5
  19. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

yes it does. and it is still not easy enough for some. its a bore the way it is. most want the good old days, where we had to work as a team, think it out, and have fun doing it. now, if it takes more then 5 min to do...its to hard...
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes it did. Counter mechanics have been in PVE since the game was released. However only a small number of NPCs used them, but they were there. Combat is much better with PVP counter mechanics (they were never PVP exclusive, therefore cannot be called PVP mechanics).
    • Like x 2