Why I quit LPVE Paradox

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helderman, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helderman Dedicated Player

1) The survival feat is a bad joke. Do they really expect us to survive that 1-shot fest?
    2) The Paradox Ravager is literally ravaging. Those Minor Paradox Fonts spawn faster than we can destroy them, making the Ravager virtually immortal.
    EDIT:
    3) The Batmen are borderline useless and picking them up is high risk of death.
    • Like x 3
  2. Coelha Well-Known Player

Maybe it's your group,always do that in less than 14mins with bad group and 8-10mins with a good group, the stay awake first can be hard because of opressor ball, ravager does some damage yeah but he can be easily burned.
    • Like x 2
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

I have had runs where there are 4 or 5 fountains up at a time and respawning them as soon as we destroy them. Didn't really expect anything less with as broken as this raid has been historically.
  4. Tannen Committed Player

Its your group. Ive been running this with 3 toons daily, and some groups struggle immensely, to the point of feeling impossible, and good groups burn down fast enough that its no big deal.

Just learn the tells to avoid 1 shots. Being that i wasnt playing when this was an endgame raid, i dont have all the tells down perfectly, but im improving

With ravager, i just tend to assign myself purely to burning down fountains and adds. Seems to work out well.
    • Like x 3
  5. Veritasum Loyal Player

I've Qd up thrice and thrice no problem. If you take a second to learn the mechanics, there isn't anything that will one shot you very easily. But if you are trying to go all rambo in the belly of the bosses, then you can die fairly quick. Even then though you can get off a combo or 2 before needing to roll out. In case you're not aware, blocking with at least 3 group members around will restore your health.

I admit this LPvE is a little more difficult than Nexus, but it's still the easiest instance the game has to offer atm (as far as at level stuff). The adds die within a combo and a square tap. I really don't understand what people's expectations of this is. I am honestly not sure how this particular LPvE can be easier.
    • Like x 3
  6. TestReporter Loyal Player

1) your fault
    2) your group have low damage
    3) why would someone pick up batman?
    • Like x 2
  7. anzattipl Active Player

I agree with u in all the points u named but that thing with Ravager should be nerfed hes healing damn too quick and characters like bane with melee cant do anything to fountains because they spawn to quick so i agree with u.
  8. Fies Committed Player

1) Melee/point blank everything but the 4-legs thingy jumping around and sending out waves- range this one for max safety. If he jumps u -> roll.
    2) Burn is crucial to a point where you can basically ignore these. Stay on the boss and most die to aoe. 3+taps ->hold (depending on weapon) combos clipped into dmg-abillities for good dps.
    3) ignore
    In general the lower the burn the harder this gets.
    • Like x 3
  9. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Is this a joke?

I have all feats, all pugged
    • Like x 5
  10. Malachee Committed Player

Did someone stomp on your favorite puppy when you were young?

Just curious where the attitude came from.:cool:
    • Like x 3
  11. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

One shots aren't much of a problem.
    Oppressor's ball hits the furthest person but it can be dodged if said person is paying attention.
    Ravager's fountains aren't much of a problem unless you and your group are doing nothing but spamming powers and low damage combos.
    (If only people had enough sense to spam Kickflip, smokebomb, brawling uppercut, Meteor blast and the other hard hitting combos :rolleyes: )I mean... really :rolleyes:

Sentry's one shot is easy to detect, once he jumps that means that the rampaging shockwaves are coming next and that the party should focus on him using ranged attacks.
    The warrior is the easiest one imo

But pugs :rolleyes:

idk why people pick up Batman.
    • Like x 3
  12. RachelBurns Active Player

There should never be any one shot mechanic. It's just lazy design from the devs who have mobs/bosses spamming stun/knockback/knockdown in every single solo/duo/alert/raid.
  13. Helderman Dedicated Player

Followed your tips and got the survival feat. Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

wow so wrong, i came on today to give it a go, we did the whole thing epic odyssey style without trying, no dying.. it's not even hard.. just bad players are bad players..
    • Like x 1
  15. Kreachure Committed Player

Sentry jumps on you, roll away before he starts tap dancing.
    Oppressor yells at you then a blue light falls from the ceiling. The light hits you and you get put in a ball. There's enough time to walk away.
    Warrior, lol. Block or dodge. In LPvE The balls don't even 1 shot you.
    Ravager, as long as you kill the healing aoes right away (They die quick) he shouldn't be a problem If he's slashing at you just block and roll.

Tyrant: Don't stand under him incase he eats you.

Adds: lol.

LPvE Dox is a joke compared to the real thing.

Tip: Just block til your health regenerates up enough to start fighting back.. Their hits won't beat your heals.

Please don't take this the wrong way... I'm sorry but, I don't understand how people are having such a hard time with this. Are people just looking for something to complain about?
    I keep seeing these posts & they just remind me of the "seasonal difficulty" posts.
    • Like x 4
  16. TestReporter Loyal Player

i'm tired of writing long texts to someone come at me and say: my opnion is better, you are wrong.
  17. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

They want treats without learning the skill.
    • Like x 1
  18. Makineko Committed Player

Simple solution here is form your own group and don't pug.

This isn't a hard instance, it may require some attention but as long as people are careful and don't mindlessly bash buttons then it is not a challenging instance at all.
    • Like x 2
  19. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

That's a pretty ****** attitude. A lot of people are new to this game and probably never even ran that raid. How would they know the mechanics of the fight. No one needs you to come in here and crap on new people that need some help beating content.

To the OP, if you can't kill the Ravanger fast enough, lead him away from the fountains and he won't heal up. And yes, the Batmans are useless, not even worth picking them up except in the main room with the Tyrant. There's also a way to cheat and get the no-death feat. You can leave the instance and get invited back in and if you don't die after coming back in you will get the feat.
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

It's easy, period. I stand behind what I said.

You'll note I wasn't actually singling out the OP, I was making more of a broad statement. I do believe he's wrong. the content is easy and there are many bad players out there that are just plain awful.

But if you feel the need to be vicariously offended on his behalf that's fine.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.