When you drop Legendary or When you become Legendary

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by undrline, May 22, 2013.

1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Downgrading (red) and upgrading (green).

BEFORE GOING LEGENDARY
    You've decided to give in and support the game. You are wise beyond wise. Truly a superpowered creature among npcs.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN
    Everything will be laid out before you. Some highlights:
    • You'll have access to all the DLCs, and be able to access the new ones before everyone else.
    • You'll have the ability to keep all the cash you can earn. Escrow automatically converts to cash in hand.
    • You'll be able to keep most of the things you can carry with 63 inventory slots & 48 bank
    • You can have 16 toons at your disposal to save the multiverse, or to plunge it into chaos. You may increase your minions up to 32 if you purchase additional character slots.
    • If your membership is recurring, you'll get 500 loyalty points/seven cash/station cash per month that are like getting a $5 gift certificate for the game every month (not too shabby if your whole sub is $9.99)
    • You'll get 150 replay badges per month allowing you to progress faster. Also a $5 value. Between loyalty and replays, you're practically getting your payment back in game credit.
    • You'll enjoy a 10% marketplace discount ... even during sales.
    • You'll be able to start and maintain a League.
    • You'll be able to purchase premium Legends characters with in-game marks.
    • You can have any power weapon or movement, and access to the Shield weapon tree.
    WHAT YOU SHOULD DO TO PREPARE
    Whether you plan sub for a month, or for your natural born days, prepare.
    • Save Promethium lockboxes for a month. They're good for 30 days. You'll be able to open the unexpired ones up in addition to new ones you receive, practically doubling the chances of getting something you want.
    • Play a lot of Legends so you can use the marks for premium Legends characters as soon as your sub starts.
    • It's possible that your status will conflict with sales to purchase content, since you'll already have unfettered access (Steam may be an exception). Time your ascension to be right after a sale, or as part of a sale, so you are less likely to miss out on "owning" content.
    • Level up. Do all the Free-to-Play content, so you can take advantage of your sub the first day out. Be a good player on your own, and not because you paid to win.
    WHAT LIFE WILL BE LIKE
    You'll be a Legend, the fiery angels will speak your toon's name, and pour wrath upon your foes.
    • You'll feel Legendary. You'll be able to have and equip items others can not. You'll be able to spec into innates and skills others can not. You'll be able to perform feats others can not even attempt.
    • You'll become an elitest. You'll start calling people pathetic freemium scrubs, so they will know that you support a game that you feel they don't deserve to play. You might even become so brash as to lash out against the Devs, starting a few QQ threads threatening to drop your sub if they don't comply with your demands.
    • You'll be accused of paying to win. After all, you are now able to equip that utility belt, have those mainframe abilities, and much more. It's jealousy. Where did you get all those fancy toys?
    • You'll tread in content where others can not go.
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
    Some will make you pay in blood. Some are impressed by tossing a sack of indeterminate amount of gold, or a heavy coin onto the counter. DCUO has other plans for you.
    • PS Subscriptions can be payed for with anything that you can use to fill your PSN wallet ... which means you can purchase a PSN card on Amazon with Paypal.
    • PC Subscriptions can not be paid for with anything but a credit/debit card, or a game card. You can not use Station Cash or Paypal. Prepaid cards purchased via PayPal, or debit cards linked to Paypal accounts work the same way as the ones where Paypal was not involved (see the next bullet point).
    • Using prepaid cards and gift cards for PC transactions is tricky. There has to be a name and billing address associated with it. So, you're going to have to call the card's customer service and have them add that, or go to the gift card's website and do the same, making sure to use all caps. I guess DGC is a little hard of hearing and appreciates the yelling. (more details old site details)
    • Some other forms of payment, like Paysafe and Krono, restricted to platform, country, and whatnot might be deemed acceptable (more details)
    AFTER BEING LEGENDARY
    You plan to stop being a VIP, and no longer support this game with anything but your presence. You'll cause hell to rain down from the heavens, and kittehs to perish. Don't be a fool. There is still time to turn back! If your sub lapsed, and you sub up again without deleting anything, everything will return to normal.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN
    Aside from the doom you bring forth, I mean.
    • You'll be Premium, not Free To Play.
    • You will lose inventory space and bank space, and the extra items will go into overflow slots. The number of extra slots you purchased outside of being Legendary will remain available.
    • You will only get to keep 6 toons. You'll have to pick which characters will live and which will be locked before you can log in as Premium. Buying a character slot will allow you to unlock a locked character. You must choose to resurrect all your locked characters or destroy them before opening a new blank one. You may have up to 22 characters, by purchasing extra slots.
    • You will no longer get 500 loyalty points to spend and 150 replay badges.
    • You will no longer enjoy a 10% Marketplace discount.
    • Often, you'll have to wait in a queue when you log in.
    • Every time you visit the vault, it gets locked for two days. So, your chances of getting that really cool thing is more minuscule than before. Plus, that's one less mark a day.
    • You will not be able to create new characters with paid powers you do not own; existing characters will not lose their abilities.
    • They will be gracious and will not take feat points away from you that can only be earned with DLCs you no longer have.
    • You can still mimic the greats. Any Legends characters you earned through Marks of Legend and purchased at an in-game vendor prior to your fall from grace, will still be playable. You will have to pay marketplace/station cash to get any more of the special premium ones, though.
    • Your toil for collections will not have been in vain: You can still use base amenities. You can still have styles and gear that come as the result.
    The end is near. You bring it upon yourself. Buy a sub and repent!
    • Fix your armories. Unless you own the Last Laugh, an armory that has SP in Shield will be considered invalid. Unless you have access to the Lair/Mainframe system, any gear that has a dispensed white mod or dispensed trinket will be considered invalid.
    • Spec into shield now, and consider it your last skill point respec. Until you buy Shield from the Marketplace, you will not be able to respec into shield after. Having Shield as your default weapon will hold open the tree, though.
    • Like x 20
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

• Get all the DLC feats you can. Any DLC-related feats you don't have you will not be able to get (unless you own that DLC). They will not take feat points away from you later.
    • You will still be able to transfer DLC feats to alts with replay badges. *Uncertain
    • Create an alt character for each of the DLC powersets.
    • Store cash in as many <=$2k items that stack as high as possible, as you can sell these one at a time for money if your gear is damaged. Equipment Interface 1 will stack up to 16, are less than $2k and have a high return at a vendor.
    • Make sure you buy everything over $2k you can from plan vendors. ie: the mod extraction plans are not tradeable.
    • Grab stacks of R&D materials you'll need later but won't be able to buy - equipment interfaces, catalyst, etc.
    • Buy and sell everything you were planning to on the Broker, since you won't be able to afford them, or the Broker fees later.
    • Use up your loyalty points.
    • Use your replay badges on content you won't get to play.
    • Play more Legends, get more marks, and buy the special premium Legendary characters.
    • SPEND MORE MONEY. Invest money while you have an extra 10% discount. You can't use it to buy DLC's, but you can use it to have a soft landing in your fall from grace by opening inventory slots and bank slots.
    WHAT LIFE WILL BE LIKE
    You'll be a scrub. Unlike Free-to-Play, which can't trade, and therefore, can't beg, you'll be living off others, standing at vendors /SAY can someone buy something from this vendor for me?
    • Collections will be your new currency. You'll be like a serf, farming for others, so the vassals and lords can throw you their juiciest scraps.
    • You'll only have 5 Broker slots to sell things. You can sell items for only up to 48k or so (since you only have up to $2k for the fee).
    BEING FREE TO PLAY
    Ever wonder what the world would be like if you were never born? Maybe you created a new account on a new, unmerged platform; like a newborn, you come into the world crying.

WHAT LIFE WILL BE LIKE
    • Ever hunt down gorillas on a beach with your bare hands, just to earn a few measly bucks for repairs?
    FAQ
    • What subscription level will I be if I let my Legendary lapse?
      If you've spent $5 on the game, you are Premium for life, on that account. That includes things that expire, like Legendary memberships. So, if you let it lapse, you'll be a Premium subscriber, not a Free to Play subscriber.
    • I've started using a different platform, can I transfer my characters/account?
      No. If your new platform is crossplay with the old one, then you do have more options for trading/sending things to yourself between accounts, but the accounts are separate.
    • How does the Escrow drawdown work?
      Drawdown increments (versus unlimited) are one-time. If you have that amount already accumulated in your Escrow, then you get it to spend. As soon as your funds go below the cash cap, they stay below the cash cap. Any additional funds earned in the game while your cash on hand is above the cash cap goes into Escrow.
    • Toons with paid powersets, do they lose their powers when I let my Legendary lapse?
      No. They keep their powers. You just can't create new toons with those powers. And, you'll have to lock toons if you have more than the 6 Premium characters and haven't purchased more slots.
    • Some perks are only for "recurring" memberships. How do I know if my membership is recurring?
      All memberships are recurring by default. Perks are granted when that month is paid (occasionally there can be a delay). By default funds come out automatically at the end of the period, if there are funds there. The only way to not have a recurring membership is to shut that option off. Membership on xbox does not recur (it can be stacked), but still gets the same benefits.
    APPENDIX
    Official subscription information:
    My side-by-side comparison of subscription levels:
    Premium Bundles:
    Ultimate Edition
    Power Bundle
    Episode Packs
    • Like x 4
  3. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Good guide so far.
    But you should add, that you only get extra loyalty points / station cash / seven cash, when you buy a recurring membership, but not when you buy an expiring membership.
  4. MrBlazEakaJB New Player

Disadvantage of being legendary you may wanna add is that you can't buy the DLCs at half price when they have a sale because you technically already "own" (rent) them.
  5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Added. Thank you. Is it also true for replay badges that it applies to recurring not expiring?
    • Like x 1
  6. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

You're welcome. :)
    And no, the badges are not just for recurring memberships. People with expiring membership also get them. I can confirm it, had both types of subscriptions allready.
    And I think it's 150 or 158 replay-badges, which you get for free. Definatelly not enough to reset two raids (87 badges to reset a raid).
  7. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

This sounds familiar. If I remember correctly, there was a complaint on the old forums, and the devs may've told the person they were working on it or to log a ticket or something ... can you point to someplace that can confirm that it's still the case?
  8. MrBlazEakaJB New Player

Mepps can confirm for you and so can a few of the frequent forum posters. I'm not good at digging up the old info. I just know that when they had the sales I couldn't buy the DLCs half off cause I was legendary.
  9. MARK2099 New Player

Lol, i like the tone in your words and the way you explain the benefits :).
    • Like x 1
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Hmm. Unless Mepps comes along to weigh in on this thread, I'm not going to bother him about it. I just gave it a little bit of ambiguity:
    "It's possible that your status ... will conflict with sales on things you will be able to access without restriction."

Thanks.
  11. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I found one quote from Mepps about buying DLC as legendary. That's not the quote about looking into it to make legendary members profit from DLC-sales, but it's a start, and a proof that the search-function of the new forum is better than from the old one, of I would have found nothing. :D

Found another old Mepps-quote about "buying DLC as legendary", still not the one you're looking for, though.
    • Like x 1
  12. Validus New Player

Thanks for the comprehensive list. As a recently returned player I opted to go for a subscription to avoid all the limitations and having to buy all the DLCs (I only have the "Fight for the Light" one from being an original game purchaser). The main toons I'm playing with at the moment are Quantum (new toon) and Lightning (rerolled old toon). If I stop subscribing for any reason, then return later and resubscribe, will I retain all my toons, powers, skills, and feats?
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Huh, the first link says that you can, but you have to do it in a round-about way (via the website, and you don't get to take advantage of the sale). The second says you cant do it. Thanks for doing the research but, if I'm reading it correctly, I think we're just as stymied as before.
  14. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

"If your sub lapsed, and you sub up again without deleting anything, everything will return to normal."

The issue is if you plan to play as Premium for a while between subscriptions:
    • If you have more than six, you have to pick which toons will live and which will die, before you can log in. You won't get those characters or any of their stuff back.
    • If you have more junk than your inventory or bank can hold, your stuff will go into the overflow, forcing you to delete items (you can't even consume items like marks and plans while there's still overflow ... you must delete until there's one extra space.)
    • You get to keep toons with DLC powersets, even if you don't own the DLC.
    Once you delete items or characters, they stay deleted.

I said most of this in the guide. I hope this clears it up for you, though.
  15. Gwalir Loyal Player

Actually, any characters after the sixth you keep when dropping from Legendary. All that happens is you have to lock them, and can't use them until you resub or buy additional character slots.
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I had read "delete" not "lock" but can't point to where. You sound as though you're speaking from experience, though. I've changed the wording in the guide.
  17. Gwalir Loyal Player

Yep, I've had to drop my subscription in the past for monetary reasons, though I suppose they may have changed it in the past few months.

Do you recall if the thing you read was in that time period? If so, you may be right and my knowledge may just be outdated.
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Nope, it would've been older, and most likely just someone saying something uncorroberrated on the forums. First-hand knowledge is fine; I appreciate you pointing it out to make this a better guide. Any other discrepencies you might see, please be sure to let me know.
  19. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Btw, what is seven cash?
  20. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

It's the real money marktplace currency for Pro7 customers.