When DCUO had Fun and Balanced PvP (Old School Video)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlackSuperGirl, Aug 31, 2015.

1. BlackSuperGirl Committed Player

Fun PvP Video =

Balanced PvP Video =
  2. C3alix Committed Player

There was nothing balanced about people using phase dodge and jump cancelling while using Focus Blast and kiting an arena.

Oh, and calling it balanced while showing a video of none of the opponents getting a kill?
    • Like x 1
  3. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

[IMG]
  4. WнуѕOѕєяιoυ5 Well-Known Player

great vids ;) best pvp times was for archangel & avatar bombardier set top imo

• Like x 2
  5. Fastest89 Well-Known Player

Beats today
    • Like x 5
  6. C3alix Committed Player

It's a fact that you have a better chance at winning a random pvp match today than you did years ago because of the balance system. There was nothing worse than entering an arena or the pit with the other group fully geared while you wore your starter gear. People that entered PVP late in the seasons were destroyed because there wasn't a good catch up game.
    • Like x 2
  7. thedemonocus Loyal Player

agreed it sucked when pvp was player vs gear
  8. Fastest89 Well-Known Player

Well I dont know if u notice the way this game works, gear has always been the main importance to the players strength, but now players who worked thier **** off for thier gears should now equal someone who barely stepped foot in pvp idk but that seems like a big boot to the butt, if you are not maxed u should not be in the pit to began with unless your looking to be carried.
    • Like x 1
  9. Wildboy Committed Player

The way I look at it, all the grinding I put in for the 100 CR PvP gear (and 99, and 98 . . . ) was for the associated style feats. That's why I'm still pegged at 99 CR PvP overall; I just don't have the motivation (yet) to grind for the neck, ring, and trinket that are keeping me from an even 100 CR PvP.
  10. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Pvp has never been "balanced", and most likely never will be. But removing all of the pve crap was a huge step in the right direction if you ask me.

As far as gear is concerned, yeah, it's complete bull **** that they thought it was cool to make it pretty much useless to get the top tier pvp gear. It is total bull **** that someone who is brand new can now win against someone with the top tier, fully modded gear on.

If they did that in pve, people would have completely lost their **** over it.
    • Like x 2
  11. Antwoman Dedicated Player

lol that's not an fact that's an opinion
    • Like x 1
  12. UltraVillain Committed Player

Agreed but I think it has been much much better in the past than we see today, acutely so in the case of open world.

I disagree here, the systems are, and always will be, inherently linked and it is all but impossible and certainly foolish to try and control them as if they were two separate mechanisms, doing so has certainly exaggerated imbalance, heavily prejudiced open world pvp and mushroomed the potential for exploits and exceptions.
    • Like x 1
  13. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Balanced PVP ?
    [IMG]
  14. Ghostof91 New Player

These days are long gone, this was dcuos hall of fame.
  15. C3alix Committed Player

Its been proven countless times that it's the player, not the gear, that will win a match, which is why I said you've got a much better chance at winning a PVP match now than before if your gear is low.

PVP back then:
    -"Matchmaking" didn't work
    -Phase Dodge was abusive
    -Kiting was abusive
    -Focus Blast was abusive
    -Knock downs were abusive
    -Orbital Strikes and Supply Drops were abusive
    -Healers were almost invincible
    -HL was OP
    -Immunity was deadlier
    -Popping PVE trinkets were the normal thing to do
    -Weapon and Gear white mods made certain powers and roles damn near impossible to beat
    • Like x 1
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Was alot more players playing back then, so it's no comparison
    • Like x 1