What is the Best DPS Power? (Video)

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by ORBIT, Jul 27, 2013.

1. ORBIT New Player

• Like x 3
  2. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

min 0:58 - "The best DPS power is the power u have spend most time working on"?? I fully disagree. Thats a populist answer, i expected something more.
  3. Man0fSteal New Player

FIRRRREEEEEEEEEEE
    • Like x 1
  4. Zpred Dedicated Player

Orbits guides are good for new players, I think he's just trying to up his you tube channel with all these recent guides/vids, bless him :D
  5. Oddpodd Dedicated Player

You can'y expect more since you will see allot of people DPSing and every power has its strenghts and weaknesses. You will have to figure this out for yourself and maximize that power's potential to be a very good DPS. THAT is why there is no "best" DPS power, because if there is, then every DPS WILL be using THAT single power. Believe me, I've seen great Earth and Sorcery DPS's.
    • Like x 2
  6. OMAAR New Player

For me:
    • Like x 1
  7. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Every great Sorcery DPS I've ever met and asked, have fully admitted that they would do more damage with Gadgets or Light {{The ones that were good with Gadgets or Light anyways}}. You can be a great DPS with any power, yes. That does NOT make all powers even though. You can't effectively gauge this with other people, you need to compare it with yourself, since everyone has different skill levels.

There are "best" DPS powers based on potential, meaning those powers have the highest damage per second potential. Whether the players can reach them or not has nothing to do with best power, that has to do with their skill. Earth and Sorcery DPS can do high damage very efficiently with lots of work yes, but their damage per second potential is not equal to some others. This is what creates imbalance.

Now like you said, everyone has their best power...the power THEY are personally best with, so in that manner of thinking then there is a power that is "best" for individuals, the power THEY are best with. There are powers with more damage potential though. The powers that do have higher damage potential is because they clip together more smoothly and have more balanced DoT and burst damaging. This makes their potential higher than others.

Sorry, just that line of "there is no BEST power" just isn't true. Though while the answer "the best power for YOU is the power YOU like the best" is a very true statement.
    • Like x 4
  8. Blazing Marauder Active Player

Personally, I've dps'd with every power to a lesser degree with sorcery but all the same tried the same but yet i always go back to mental. So much so that i believe that when you purchase a respec token you should get 2 tokens, 1 to change your power and another that automatically returns you to your original power with this said i probably do the most damage with gadgets but yet i just prefer mental because i fully understand the power and its "My power" so yeah to a degree id agree with orbit
    • Like x 1
  9. Kay Nova New Player

`i tried every dps.the ones i prefer are electricity and sorcery.yet the highest damage is gadgets.and ice is also good because all its moves are made for clipping. but i saw alot of people with different powers yet they do much more damage.so I have to agree with orbit.
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

The best dps power is whichever one the forums are clamoring for a nerf
    • Like x 3
  11. Zpred Dedicated Player

Usually HL :D
  12. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Mental
    *runs away
  13. Marbou New Player

Yeah, no one ever mentions quantum. Why did I have to love the animations so much.
  14. Sara Pezzini New Player

I agree with ORBIT in 1 point: You need practice to become a beast. ;)

Then we have to take a look at the powers. If you want to do massiv AOE, in my eyes its elec. For single-target damage i agree with Mental and HL.
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Trying to get my tank Nexus ready, I decided actually to switch him to DPS because most people want to run two DPS for the t5a and thinking that some Nexus drops might be better for my wannabe tank. I never "got" Ice DPS, so I thought I would try Sorcery and I got very frustrated with it for the solo stuff. I did some raids as Sorcery DPS and put up respectable damage. So I'm back to Earth now for DPS. I always liked it and Electric the most, but figured at least I'm better off with Earth because I still have access to all my tank gear. I lag behind HL because their moves are just two quick, though I suspect any power that requires a PI set up first would be in a similar boat. Bring on the Reinforce update. :D
  16. Ice Lantern New Player

I completely disagree. I have spent way more time being an Ice DPS than any other powerset and my output is much higher with Celestial and HL. A good/great DPS will be a good/great DPS regardless of the powerset. The difference in familiarity won't always make up for the difference between how good the powersets are. Sure, all powersets have pros and cons but it doesn't make them equal. If two equally-skilled players are DPS'ing with Earth and Light, the Light player should put out more damage barring something unusual.

I think that the "whatever you like" answer is fine for beginners and people who generally don't know what they're doing. But at higher levels of play, I completely disagree.

note: I'm a PS3 player so my views may not be the same if I was on PC.
  17. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

I'd have to say celestial and maybe quantum right now. Celestial is ridiculous with it's ability to spam multiple powers and use very little power. an everyone I have seen use Quantum tends to "do work"
    • Like x 1
  18. Cadens Dedicated Player

Quantum? lol no.
  19. aganusn New Player

Whatever power just comes out.
  20. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Low power from trollers: Celestial.
    High power from trollers: HL and Gadgets.